Goodwillie To Sign For Blackburn Tomorrow

If we can pay £1.5m for Lee Wallace I don't see why we're so reluctant to stump up £2m for David Goodwillie.

my thoughts exactly, goodwillie is a far better player than wallace. we should be delighted hes as cheap as 2mil. get it done mr whyte.

my thoughts exactly, goodwillie is a far better player than wallace. we should be delighted hes as cheap as 2mil. get it done mr whyte.

Well 2 different positions. To compare the two directly is apples and oranges but I reckon Goodwillie is a better striker than Lee Wallace is a defender (if that makes sense?). Wouldn't have any qualms if the club stumped up the £2mil for him.

I say we should up the offer, give them the £2m, all this "add-on" pish isn't going to work...haggling won't get us anywhere with Utd. He's worth the money, let's get him in before it's too late.

This needs to happen I hope we can strike a deal asap, United will accept any offer that meets there valuation. First player I'd be genuinely gutted we missed out on this window if he doesn't sign for us.

tbh Tevez was a hard one to take missing out on aswell mate.

Is he that good though?? I cant mind of anytime where I felt he caused us any problems..or even the scum for that matter.

I know he has scored some good goals and 17 is a fair total..but didn't Adam Rooney score more?

Don't want to put a negative slant on it, but 2 mill if you are canny and have an eye for a player can gte you a very good prospect on the continent.

Come on Mr Whyte etc, we know what Utd want, we know that the boy wants to come, we know he's a good player and playing in a better team will make him a better player, the majority of fans want this to happen, so stop arsing around, make a worthwhile offer while we still can and bring him to Ibrox. He's young enough to have plenty resale value if he does the business for us so surely that offers good value for money.

Surely craig whyte realises that by getting both cuellar and goodwillie he would eliminate any niggling doubts amongst any of us about our, or his rather, spending power.

Id also have a sex wee

Is he that good though?? I cant mind of anytime where I felt he caused us any problems..or even the scum for that matter.

I know he has scored some good goals and 17 is a fair total..but didn't Adam Rooney score more?

Don't want to put a negative slant on it, but 2 mill if you are

canny and have an eye for a player can gte you a very good prospect on the continent.

Finally some common sense in this thread .

The bandwagon is in full flow now though . Thankfully it looks like we won't pay the 2million at the moment which is right IMO as he's not worth it .

I just hope blackpool are serious with their interest in him .

Finally some common sense in this thread .

The bandwagon is in full flow now though . Thankfully it looks like we won't pay the 2million at the moment which is right IMO as he's not worth it .

I just hope blackpool are serious with their interest in him .

Will you support him and idolise him if we sign him?

What was the point in going in with another low bid, if true. Thompson is a wank to deal with at the best of times, why get his back up. He'll be desperate to sell to anyone but us. Unless DG has said he wants to come to us and no-one else and our team are aware of it then maybe. I just wish we'd put in a fair offer, I don't think £2m is a bad price and the will get it from someone.

We've had a bid of £1mill thrown out previously, now the charges are dropped, we put in the same bid??

If we don't think he's worth more, and presumably won't bid what DU want, then why bother with this derisory bid. It only makes us look stupid.

We knew Cardiff were interested already, and it's no surprise other teams have reared their heads.

dundee United are the one team we can't haggle for players with. Offer them £2 million. If they say they want more be willing to go to 3 (thats the highest i'd pay). I'd rather we spend 3mil on goodie than whatever on murray davidson.

Everyone says that the championship clubs have the advantage. If goodwillie sticks to his word and wants to play for Rangers, he will be a Rangers player. Thinking about it, I don't recall him actually saying he was a Rangers fan, oh well... PANIC PANIC PANIC!!!!!!! :sherlock:

We've had a bid of £1mill thrown out previously, now the charges are dropped, we put in the same bid??

If we don't think he's worth more, and presumably won't bid what DU want, then why bother with this derisory bid. It only makes us look stupid.

We knew Cardiff were interested already, and it's no surprise other teams have reared their heads.

Rangers had a 1.3m pound bid thrown out. The people who think the club have then went and submitted a lower bid second time round are rather daft!

Papers and Spew Keevins in shite talking shocker

The issues why we pulled out before weren't really to do with price, more with structuring payments. Basically we weren't willing to pay up front in case he got the jail.

We'll be much easier for DU to deal with now, albeit reluctantly on their part.

We'll have to meet the 2M price now whereas before we could have undercut it. Talk of his price going up is wide of the mark unless a club is crazy enough to come in with a bigger offer in an attempt to price us out.