Danns Joins Leicester.

ogbg

28 is ideal.

Most players peak between 28-32. They have the legs/fitness combined with the required stamina, they have heaps of experience and know what its all about.

Rangers played some of their best football with players all in that age bracket, Gazza being the perfect example, and I don't hear many on here complaining about him!!

why 'nah' ?

because he played for crystal palace?

Would you have said 'nah' to Novo from Dundee?

Would you have said 'nah' to Bougherra from Charlton?

or what about Kenny Miller from Derby?

Boyd or Naismith from Killie?

Dont just say nah to someone who is playing at a lower level, lower quality team or someone u havent heard of. Players have to start somewhere and for someone who will be on very little wages and costs nothing whats the harm??

mate, some people are just fucking idiots... they still live back in the money era. 'we are rangers, we'll be getting xavi and fucking alonso i heard' all that shite. we are a small club now in european football terms, we are still a selling club, we may have one of the largest fan bases in the world, but in actual monetary and quality terms we are small. we need to learn that until we get out the spl and into a european league, we will continue to be so. we are not trying to sign players to win the champions league, we are signing players to win the spl and just qualify.

Signing a player at 28 is fine if there is no, or minimal transfer fee. Can't see why anyone would have a problem with that. In fact on a three or four year deal you could make a profit if player does well and you sell at two years. Plenty of clubs down south will pay 2m for a 30 year old. If you were paying him 15k a week you would have covered his wages with a bit left over

why 'nah' ?

because he played for crystal palace?

Would you have said 'nah' to Novo from Dundee?

Would you have said 'nah' to Bougherra from Charlton?

or what about Kenny Miller from Derby?

Boyd or Naismith from Killie?

Dont just say nah to someone who is playing at a lower level, lower quality team or someone u havent heard of. Players have to start somewhere and for someone who will be on very little wages and costs nothing whats the harm??

Haha don't burst a vessel. I didn't mean anything by it. Not seen him play too often so he could be a good player for us. If I really didn't want him I would have elaborated.

Has looked a decent enough player whenever I 've seen Crystal Palace on Sky.

Doesn't seem particularly physical but he makes up for it by getting about the pitch with a lot of energy. Fairly neat in possession too.

I wouldn't be overally dissapointed if we signed him, but I wouldn't be overally dissapointed if we didn't either.

Has looked a decent enough player whenever I 've seen Crystal Palace on Sky.

Doesn't seem particularly physical but he makes up for it by getting about the pitch with a lot of energy. Fairly neat in possession too.

I wouldn't be overally dissapointed if we signed him, but I wouldn't be overally dissapointed if we didn't either.

My thoughts exactly.

Always thought he was a good Championship player.

For me, he is a central/attacking midfielder - never stops running, has a decent touch, range of passing is quite skillful and likes a dig at goal.

Really hope we get this guy

Similar to Naismith

Scores and sets up lots from late runs into the box , very busy and hard working player

Suits our team philosophy the last few yrs of no individuals and all working hard for each other

in the daily mail

Rangers will open negotiations with the agents of Israeli striker Tomer Hemed and Crystal Palace midfielder Neil Danns within the next 48 hours as Ally McCoist seeks to make his first signings as manager.

Not really sure on this one. Sometimes he looks a decent player, others not been impressed.

Was reading a 17 page thread on Crystal Palace forum and it seems pretty mixed. Most believe he is replaceable and many say his best qualities are his non stop work rate and 'harrying'

Never impresses me when people talk about someone's work rate before their ability. On a free he might be worth the punt as back up to to Davis.

Read a post claiming the SPL is league one level, hate those pathetic comments by the English.

Read the exact same thread a minute ago.

Most of them spoke well about us but there was a few idiots.

Would danns be good enough for rangers? IMO, no.
Got a big engine on him if he wants to play. Skillful, with a good eye for a pass or through balls but more of an attacking midfielder than a holding one.

I agree Chris K - Rangers would be an outstanding option for Danns.

Rangers would be a good move for him, big crowds and playing in the Champions League

Theres a couple of replys for people to see.

On a free there isnt much risk in it.

I have a feeling ally doesn't see central mid as a priority. I'd say he would be happy with Davis and a danns type player filling the creative role, with lee, edu and ness vying for a holding type position

"Former Scotland and Crystal Palace manager George Burley tells Rangers boss Ally McCoist that signing target Neil Danns, if he moved from Selhurst Park, could have the same impact on the Scottish Premier League as that made by Kris Commons at Celtic. (Sunday Mail)"

So he can be a runner up too then? People spout such pish at times! :angry:

"Former Scotland and Crystal Palace manager George Burley tells Rangers boss Ally McCoist that signing target Neil Danns, if he moved from Selhurst Park, could have the same impact on the Scottish Premier League as that made by Kris Commons at Celtic. (Sunday Mail)"

So he can be a runner up too then? People spout such pish at times! :angry:

Like it or not Commons has strolled it up here thus far and has been a very good signing for them, unfortunately.