Danns Joins Leicester.

ogbg

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11788_6979808,00.html

Rangers have joined the chase to land Neil Danns, skysports.com understands.

The 28-year-old is available on a free transfer as his current deal with Crystal Palace is due to expire.

The Eagles would love the highly-rated midfielder to sign a fresh deal at Selhurst Park but he looks set to leave.

The former Birmingham man has been strongly linked with a move to Hull City along with a number of other Championship rivals, whilst there are also Premier League clubs keeping tabs on his situation.

But now Danns could be offered the chance of UEFA Champions League football as Rangers have joined the race to land him.

Always gets a good review on Soccer Saturday when I watch it :lol:

Shouldn't demand too high wages as Palace aren't exactly financially stable. At 28 I'm sure he'd jump at the chance of CL football.

To be completely honest, I haven't seen all that much of him, but there's a few on here who have suggested him before so I'd trust there judgement on it.

We do need extra cover in the wider areas aswell and I would suggest Neil Danns (especially on free) would be ideal.

Ally has been, although we haven't signed anyone, really impressing me with his work so far. Long may it continue.

To be completely honest, I haven't seen all that much of him, but there's a few on here who have suggested him before so I'd trust there judgement on it.

We do need extra cover in the wider areas aswell and I would suggest Neil Danns (especially on free) would be ideal.

Ally has been, although we haven't signed anyone, really impressing me with his work so far. Long may it continue.

He's a central midfielder who sometimes plays wide, definately not an out and out winger

He's a central midfielder who sometimes plays wide, definately not an out and out winger

Oh right.

Must be mixing him up with another player at Palace, as I've said I've not seen much of them.

Nah

why 'nah' ?

because he played for crystal palace?

Would you have said 'nah' to Novo from Dundee?

Would you have said 'nah' to Bougherra from Charlton?

or what about Kenny Miller from Derby?

Boyd or Naismith from Killie?

Dont just say nah to someone who is playing at a lower level, lower quality team or someone u havent heard of. Players have to start somewhere and for someone who will be on very little wages and costs nothing whats the harm??

He will be 29 in November.

so weir is 41 and he's getting a new deal :sherlock:

28 is not a bad age and if he's as good as people on here are saying he is then go for it, especially on a free. Sell on value doesn't really matter if you get him on a free transfer, your not losing anything and getter a good player for at least 5 good years. And there is still time for a sell on anyway if we need to