Rangers players you've bumped into

i know hes not a player but i bumped in to sir walter smith when i came out from getting a 3d scan of my boy, when i said his name it came out all big wuminy and squeeky cause i was that excited,lol great memory to have

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I worked in magalluf I was always in the bluebell bar as I lived in the same apt as the Copland nutter so met quite a few Players there, Andy goram took us on a night out and then i met him and Andy fordham (spelling) the darts player in Larne a few years later, also met Alan Gow in maga he was still at airdrie at the time and i got him and his mate a workers card to get them cheaper drink lol

Met Terry Butcher at the hotel I used to work at, Inverness cally go there for there pre match meal and team talk before playing stjohnstone.

Met Marvin Andrews in the Rangers shop in kirkcaldy.

Charlie Adam has been in my work a few times but it has always been on my days off :rolleyes:

After going through customs at London Gatwick 2 weeks ago I saw Marvin Andrews sitting in the lounge and then standing with his mate looking at the departure times and gates.

Didn't say anything as I don't like disturbing people.

He's bald now.

Never met any player randomly but I have met Kerkar, Stuart McCall & Davie Provan (the Rangers one obvs :P ) in the Ibrox suite. McCulloch coming out of Ibrox after a game and Weiss at the Charity Calendar signing. :)

Never met any player randomly but I have met Kerkar, Stuart McCall & Davie Provan (the Rangers one obvs :P ) in the Ibrox suite. McCulloch coming out of Ibrox after a game and Weiss at the Charity Calendar signing. :)

Naw you didnae.

Andy Goram today in KFC,also seen the Goalie several times around Lanark/Carluke.

Arthur Numan on the train with his family heading to Hamilton getting hounded by some drunken fans for autographs.

John Brown in the pub when we won the title 3 years ago.

Ferguson,Moore and Malcolm in the pub when Ferguson was on crutches.

super ally at hamilton races pic taken and he signed my racing guide...true gent !! jorg the hammer albertz in lock 27 smoking marlbro lights before the smoking ban i may add spoke to him for a few minutes nice guy but the best had to be gazza charlie miller derek johnstone in the fox and hounds houston gazza bought me n my mate a few rounds ....also in ibrox tour he was with five bellys sitting in one of the suites drinking wine and smoking a cigar...got a pic of him taking his top off posing saying so they think im fat as there was papers saying he had put the beef on classic i was only 18 great memories !! cant think of any others at mo !!

I've met loads of players over the decades - too many to mention - however the most memorable meeting I had with any player was not with a Rangers player - indeed it was with a Nonce FC player.

I was wandering about the Red Light district of Amsterdam (as one does of an evening) when who did I see wandering into a gay-bondage-transvestite-fetish club but none other than...................(fill in your own choice of Nonce FC player here) :D

(This story is made up - did you guess?) :rolleyes:

I met Michael Ball in Cruise when he was still here, it must have been five or six years ago. Lionel Charbonnier, our ex-goalkeeper, in Buchanan Gallers about twelve years ago, as well. I got my photo taken with Ball and got Charbonnier's autograph. I met Broadfoot a couple of years ago, as well, in Kilmarnock. I got my photo taken with Jorg Albertz on the way back to the hotel from the UEFA Cup final. I've seen Chris Maguire in Mega Bar a few times, too.

I've seen or walked past a few, but. I seen Kilmarnock's Manuel Pascali in Karbon in February, Paul Hartley in November last year, McGeady in Garage about six years ago, Craig Bryson and Ryan O'Leary, of Kilmarnock at the time, in All Saints. Charlie Adam was apparently in Mega Bar one night I was in, as well.

I was in Level Two in Coatbridge a last year, as well, and Goodwillie was in. He went with a bird that a boy I work with was trying to get fired into. :lol:

On Saturday, I went to the ASDA in Hamilton, then to the driving range. In ASDA, I seen Stephen Craigan and, at the driving range, Tom Hateley and Darren Randolph were in the booth next to me. The whole time, I kept thinking about what was more impressive - Being within five feet of the son of a Rangers legend or being within five feet of someone who's been inside one of The Saturdays?

Sat next to Richard Gouch on a flight form Glasgow to Heathrow last Tuesday.

I was like a wee boy in a sweetie shop and I'm 32 lol

He was flying back to San Diego and we got chatting about The Rangers and 9 in a row and how things are so different now re money etc compared to when he was a player.

Even helped him with his phone lol

Met Lafferty when he first signed and he said I was the first person to recognise him - was pretty chuffed and bought him a pint - the bastard didn't return the favour though!

The day after my wee boy was born I got into an elevator at the Royal Infirmary and big Marvin Andrews was standing right next to me with a big group of what I assume was his family. Always see Numan about with his kids too, but decided not to bother either of them as I'm a nice guy like that :) The wain was nearly called Marvin right enough.

Being within five feet of the son of a Rangers legend or being within five feet of someone who's been inside one of The Saturdays?

Was on the same plane to Nice with Wayne Bridge and Frankie from the Saturdays last week.Easyjet as well with all his money Not as good looking in real life but still would. Jack Rodwell was on tha plane back too

Got my pic taken with walter.. mind when they trained at partick cricket club? got a couple autographs when they were heading to the bus. gazza ran through the big gates at the side and jumped in his pals car and drove off. pretty gutted i didnt meet him.