Murray Davidson

Broxi1872

Had a flick through a St Johnstone forum there, they've been watching this thread and had a wee cry at the prospect of us turning him into a fullback.

They seem to rate him really highly, some even suggesting EPL.

:lol:

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Davidson will develop into a fine player with us.

He's unloved since he joined St Johnstone and he's now on the fringes of the Scotland set up.

Not as unhappy with this deal as others are.

This.

We should be looking at the best of the rest from the SPL.

Davidson and Wallace hardly get the pulse racing, but in all honesty our squad from the last few years has had quality, but we have always struggled for depth. These two players will provide decent depth to the squad, particularly for the SPL and hopefully Wallace will be able to do a job in the CL.

I had a read on that forum too and some saints fans rave about him others say all he does is put in a good tackle. I think he'd be a decent option and IMO hutton's not ready for the first team yet. I'm not convinced by Ness's fitness, but I think he's quality and with a player like a mcculloch/davidson next to him, Ness would be more confident to get on the ball and make things happen, use that left peg of his. We also have Davis who might play in CM too, although I do prefer him at RM, he gets more time on the ball there and less of the hammer throwers of the spl charging into him all the time. His physique seems to limit him at CM for me.

The problem with him at RM is it means Naismith is going to have to play LM or up front, which pretty much puts us back to the same team we had last year. So maybe i'd start with Davis at CM and see how it goes.

I think our midfield will line up Ortiz, Mcculloch, Davis, Naismith with back ups of wylde, ness, fleck, edu, hutton & maybe davidson if he arrives. Unless we punt Edu, I can't see any other midfielders/wingers joining us and if they do, it'll mean the manager intends to play Naismith up top.

Pointless signing IMO. I could understand if he was a youth player and we try to bring him along but he's coming 24.

We have Davis, Edu, McCulloch, Ness and Hutton for CM. Where will he fit in? Plus Jamie Ness is a far better player and is 3 years younger.

Davis has to be a stick-on CM, no more messing around on the right.

Ness is a better player but has fitness issues that have not been completely fixed yet. I would actually have Davidson ahead of the others.

:anguish:

Where does he fit in?

Im not jumping with joy about the possible signing... but when I look at Celtic previously... for Every Nakamura they had a Barry Robson from an SPL side. This is our version I reckon

Could Edu be away? Jig won't last much longer, he provides another option potentially long term if he can step up. He is highly rated, stepping up to a better quality team can bring out the best in a player, or they can also flounder. Worth a punt I'd say. Could be a Thomson, could be a Gow. Time will tell.

Dont know an awful lot about him tbh. We should be looking for a good quality CM to partner Davis, although we have a fair few CMs, none of great quality. Hope ness gets fit though, huge potential if he can stay clear of injuries!

Regardless if he is better than Jig, Edu or Ness or Hutton

WE NEED DEPTH !!!!!

The boy has enough quality for this, and with the potential to improve. Good Signing imo.

Having all your depth in one position is a bit pointless. 8 central mids, 1 left & 1 right creates an imbalanced squad.

Could Edu be away? Jig won't last much longer, he provides another option potentially long term if he can step up. He is highly rated, stepping up to a better quality team can bring out the best in a player, or they can also flounder. Worth a punt I'd say. Could be a Thomson, could be a Gow. Time will tell.

Thats what I was thinking. We have a fairly large number of CMs!