Wesley Verhoek

Broxi1872

Yeah, I can see why DU would do that. And it does all seem a bit odd, like you say. But still don't you think Blackburn would have a thing or two to say about it if they hadn't actually bid anything? Or do you think they are complicit?

Well Kean is a Celtic man and we all know how desperate they get to stop Rangers , sounds a bit crazy for my liking but from the start i have said that no one is trying to sign David but ourselves and this to me is simply making us pay top dollar hoping we have very little left to attract the other names we are after

Well Kean is a Celtic man and we all know how desperate they get to stop Rangers , sounds a bit crazy for my liking but from the start i have said that no one is trying to sign David but ourselves and this to me is simply making us pay top dollar hoping we have very little left to attract the other names we are after

I like a good conspiracy. Here's hoping it's true and Rangers haven't fallen for it.

I like a good conspiracy. Here's hoping it's true and Rangers haven't fallen for it.

Sounds mental i know , i'll also go by the fact that Sky Sports last has Blackburns £1.8m rejected then Kean saying he wouldn't discuss it on the 31st and the next news on Goodwillie is us having more bids rejected , nothing about agreeing a fee or going down for a medical , only the BBC and the media up here have reported that scenario ...

Why ? because we are not the only club interested in a player ?

No, because we are taking weeks when other teams wrap up deals within a matter of days.

Goodwillie could've been ours for £2m last week, on about £10-12k per week.

Now we've bid almost £3m if rumours are to be believed and would have to offer him £20k p/w and it looks as if we've lost out on him.

Other targets are dragging on for weeks now, and other parties are interested which could result in a bidding war and us losing out, just like the Goodwillie deal (If rumours are true, once again)

If we had acted sooner, we could've been ready for the start of the season, as promised.

Just saying.

Lads - this is the Verhoek thread - if there's no news - tough titty,............BUT please stop going on about Goodwille, Utd, Celtic and Blackburn all humping up the price for what's an spl player with boyd type goals and baggage that would mean you wouldn't trust him with yer daughter.

Rangers should move on from this guy and cough up money for someone else.

No, because we are taking weeks when other teams wrap up deals within a matter of days.

Goodwillie could've been ours for £2m last week, on about £10-12k per week.

Now we've bid almost £3m if rumours are to be believed and would have to offer him £20k p/w and it looks as if we've lost out on him.

Other targets are dragging on for weeks now, and other parties are interested which could result in a bidding war and us losing out, just like the Goodwillie deal (If rumours are true, once again)

If we had acted sooner, we could've been ready for the start of the season, as promised.

Just saying.

OK i see what you are saying BUT if we had a £2m bid accepted then im pretty sure the other interested clubs would also offer the £2m pound leaving us still to better the wages and this goes for any player if only it was a simple as people on this site seem to think .

Aguero transfer has taken nearly 6 weeks to complete , Tevez still hasnt moved away and thats been months , Barcelona have taken 4 years and still not got their man yet , Man utd pursuit of Sneijder is in its 4th week IIRC , Chelsea still haven't got modric after 4 weeks of trying but im sure their fans are on slating the management for the lack of activity ... p.s i could list numerous transfers , its not a 'Rangers' thing this taking time on transfers ...

If Fulham are serious about him then that's our interest over.

That's what I was thinking. With a dutch manager and premier league incentives, I think we could miss out. Maybe odonkor is showing up pretty well on his trial

We could have bid for Goodwillie weeks ago, but he had the small matter of a court case hanging over his head at the time!

Back on topic, has there been any fee mentioned in regards Fulham pursuit of Verhoek?

there was nothing about the offer on any site i have checked this morning ...

have you not slit your wrists yet ? you used to be a good poster as well

Fulham can offer a bigger transfer fee, more wages, the chance for him to play in the Premiership under a Duth manager, more chance of getting recognised for a call up to the national side... If Verhoek wants that then that is where he will go.

But if he wants to win trophies, play in front of 50,000 fans every other week and play in Europe then Rangers should be team he wants to join.

That all depends on what the transfer fee is and that leads back to Fulham who will most likely be able to offer ADO Den Haag more money.

What's wrong with people getting pissed off about the way we have dealt with transfers thus far? Like it or not it has been embarrassing! Goodwillie could have been signed for 2 million but we don't show our hand till a 2.8 mill offer comes in from an epl team and now the same could happen with verhoek as let's be serious good players want to play in the premiership so acting swiftly is essential to get players to the pishy spl!

Fulham can offer a bigger transfer fee, more wages, the chance for him to play in the Premiership under a Duth manager, more chance of getting recognised for a call up to the national side... If Verhoek wants that then that is where he will go.

But if he wants to win trophies, play in front of 50,000 fans every other week and play in Europe then Rangers should be team he wants to join.

That all depends on what the transfer fee is and that leads back to Fulham who will most likely be able to offer ADO Den Haag more money.

I don't think they can tbh , only made an operating profit of £6m pounds last year and thats with a good run in Europe and cup competitions thats with all the money they make from EPL etc etc , tbh if money motivates these players then its better off we don't sign them IMO

I don't think they can tbh , only made an operating profit of £6m pounds last year and thats with a good run in Europe and cup competitions thats with all the money they make from EPL etc etc , tbh if money motivates these players then its better off we don't sign them IMO

Probably because they pay silly wages and transfer fees

we really should have the sole rights to speak to players b4 anyone else cause were special like that, we may be rangers but we dont rule the roost on transfers and we have no given right over others to expect anything else

Probably because they pay silly wages and transfer fees

no they don't last stupid fee was 2008 for Andy Johnson and their biggest signing since was Dembele for £5m

reading their accounts further they actually posted a loss of £17m.