Wesley Verhoek

Broxi1872

In my opinion, the success of our off-season transfer activity is entirely dependent on whether we get this guy or not. Yes, we needed to shore up the defence but a player of this calibre, of this type is precisely what this team is crying out for. If we lose him through fannying around, then the new regime will have failed the club, failed the team and failed us, the fans, plain and simple!

i know a guy called bobby orr

where you from mate?

well i am sure if they quoted 2.5 million for the lad whyte should just jump right in with the full asking price as he must have learnt his lesson now with this badwillie saga so please whyte show me the money lol

Thre is no talk in the dutch press of him moving to Ajax or indeed even an offer from Ajax - the latest thing published in Holland (we are talking 2-3 hours ago) only mentions that Fulham are interested and have put in an offer.

Call me crazy - but if he had/or was away to sign for Ajax I have the smallest of inklings that they may mention this in Holland.

Would rather have this guy than DG. If we lose out on him, I will be truly gutted far more important than goodwillie as Lafftery can play just fine up top with jela, with Naismith behind them.

our issue here is laff is out for a month, and if that's not enough, i am not convinced laff is the answer, the fact is, he is still inconsistent...

We definately need another top quality striker (imagine Jela got injured again) but we also need wide men to supply them...verheok, by all accounts, would provide this quality from out wide, and would seem excellent business...unfortunately, i think if the EPL come calling, we will struggle to get him in...

Not sure I believe this report. Why would they go in with a bid so high above Den Haag's asking price? I believe they are interested, just not sure I believe the report of this bid.

Not sure I believe this report. Why would they go in with a bid so high above Den Haag's asking price? I believe they are interested, just not sure I believe the report of this bid.

No doubt they were watching how easy blackburn done it for goodwillie :lol:

Jesus fucking christ, I am getting the fuck out of dodge. Pissing about? We lodged an official bid and haven't heard back from his club. Too many morons on here who expect far too much of an spl club, were not Chelsea or man city. You'll be glad to know this is my last post, be less abuse of our team on a Tim forum than there is on here.

Jesus fucking christ, I am getting the fuck out of dodge. Pissing about? We lodged an official bid and haven't heard back from his club. Too many morons on here who expect far too much of an spl club, were not Chelsea or man city. You'll be glad to know this is my last post, be less abuse of our team on a Tim forum than there is on here.

Sorry to see your leaving you`ll be greatly missed

See ya

Isn't their director or chairman on holiday until today? It would be a shame if we can't sign Verhoek as he is quality, and has said he would love to come. Juhasz has also said he wants to come. Bedoya is fully match-fit and desperate to get over here. His team are in 10th place in the league, not going to get relegated, and not going to make Europe. Surely a deal can be done? You would have to be nuts not to take 500k or so for a player who has already signed a pre-contract, plus you save on his wages for I sthe same period.

Players like Bedoya and Verhoek are what we need desperately. Not enough pace in the team to complement Naisy.

I see a team that could look like this and like it...

MacGregor

Whittaker Goian Juhasz Wallace

Bedoya Davis NEW PLAYER Verhoek

Naismith

Jelavic

Not sure who we can get for centre mid, but breaks my heart seeing slow unimaginative players in there like McCulloch and Edu. Davis would be so much better if he had someone beside him with a bit of pace and imagination, as right now he is carrying our team on his own pretty much.

bye timmy

Just read in the Guardian that Fulham offered Birmingham only £2m for Cameron Jerome. If it's true I would be surprised if the rumour of their bid £2.5m for Verhoek. We need to get in with a suitable bid and start talking to the player ASAP.

Do one