***Inverness CT vs. The Rangers Thread***

Muff

Yet many have said he was stupid with the second booking. Blinkered vision?

The constant negative posts towards Edu is becoming more tedious every single day, give it a rest FFS!!!

your constant negative posts toward me is becoming even more tedious

clearly you are a dickhead uninterested in anyone elses opinion but your own

do one :)

Hope to see more of Perry this season, mentioned that earlier in the summer and was told he was nowhere near good enough or would not receive a new contract.

Good to see him play well in the last couple of games, just sort out the distribution wee man and we probably won't need to get Wilson on loan.

Agreed. Poor distribution, as you said, but he made some crucial blocks and helped get a clean sheet.

Successful debut.

Can I just add to this thread that Billy 'jug ears' Dodds, the man who publicly stated he "no longer considers himself a Rangers supporter" (Evening Times), who was working with Laim 'sehhh-ven' McLeod on BBC Radio 'We-Hate-Rangers' Scotland - is a little cunt.

Pure and simply a little cunt.

You forgot to add RIGHT before "little cunt"

Agreed. Poor distribution, as you said, but he made some crucial blocks and helped get a clean sheet.

Successful debut.

yeah, feared the worse when he was down injured - that would have been all we needed.

it really is a shame however, that our younger players only ever seem to get a game when a first team player has been injured.

we tend not to be let down by our younger players, they are talented, and i just wish they were given more of a chance.

(given a game on their own merit instead of due to the player ahead of them being injured)

Don't think he looks as talented as Wilson did but think he has potential to be a very good CB. Hopefully he kicks on mate. (tu)

Wilson's more of a "modern" centre back. Fantastic range of passing for a centre back whilst being solid but Perry looks like the type who would do anything for a clean sheet which is great.

Certainly a lot of encouraging youngsters coming through.

funny how a most of the edu "haters" admit he scored a good goal, but the edu "lovers" dont seem to mention his sending off as a bad point in the game?

first yellow card was not deserved, the second one was though, and he should have been more aware.

now edu has ruined his chance to kick on and draw confidence from a desent performance and good goal.

oh well

It was silly, but neither of the challenges were bookings. Why wasn't the Inverness guy booked straight after if Edu's was that bad?

I'm more than happy with that performance and result. Dominated the game from start to finish, the benefit of having Ness in the side is that we have a player with composure who will put his foot on the ball and pick a pass. Wallace again impressed, Goian looked solid, Bartley looked good until his injury but Perry also looked solid. I think there is more to come from Ortiz as well, he's showing promise. It could've been so much more today but I'm happy with the clean sheet and the fact we played a passing game, got rid of that long ball nonsense.

I don't know if it was because of the head knock but Naisy looked lethargic today, we maybe should've gave Fleck a run out

MOTM : Ness/Wallace - Toss up

Thought there was a fair bit of the "long ball nonsense", combined with an attempt to develop the passing, possession game.

Thought Edu did himself justice today, very unlucky to be sent off. The first was a farcical decision, and didn't touch the guy for the second, although it did look like a poor tackle first time viewing. At least with Edu being out at Motherwell would, you would assume anyway, give Ness a spot next week.

Saying that, Tansey should have been straight off, no question. The tackle was high up, caught the player- don't understand how he could possibly have gotten away with that.

Good result, tricky venue, clean sheet. Good day all round.

Bollocks

He's been woeful in every game bar Malmo away

It's now got to the point that if he makes his way into the box once or twice, some people insist he's having a good game

he was also one off the best against malmo at home and played well v st johnston. add to that a huge part of our second half revival v hearts.

but that wont stop him being a whipping boy.

Can I just add to this thread that Billy 'jug ears' Dodds, the man who publicly stated he "no longer considers himself a Rangers supporter" (Evening Times), who was working with Laim 'sehhh-ven' McLeod on BBC Radio 'We-Hate-Rangers' Scotland - is a little cunt.

Pure and simply a little cunt.

Fuck Billy Dodds!

funny how a most of the edu "haters" admit he scored a good goal, but the edu "lovers" dont seem to mention his sending off as a bad point in the game?

first yellow card was not deserved, the second one was though, and he should have been more aware.

now edu has ruined his chance to kick on and draw confidence from a desent performance and good goal.

oh well

Aye, fuck Maurice Edu. Who does he think he is making a mistake ? :rolleyes:

Another 3 points in the bag in what I thought was a decent performance although we could have been doing with a little more creativity in the final third.

The backline done pretty well considering the number of changes we made there however they werent under too much pressure but they did put in a significantly better performance than the officials.

all these unts giving it ibrox 71 now on facebook i almost hate them as much as tarriers

this is what 1 said Ibrox Ibrox 71!! Have to get bailed out by the refs as per.. Scotland's Shame.

and this is inverness fans speaking scumbags

Inverness is always a difficult place to go and come back with 3 points , but we dominated possession , let shagger have the afternoom off and won comfortably . Ness got 90 mins and played well , goian looks to have fit in very well and looked comfortable , wallace looked willing to get forward at evey opportunity . perry made a debut and imo did very well . edu was looking better before his (harsh)red card and another jelavic goal . Maybe things are looking up . We do need some more creativity in the final third though , only time will tell if mckay or bedoya could be the answer . Allys building his own team and seems to be trying to impose his own ideas on them . futures bright i think

Very satisfied with both the performance and the result.

I liked the patience we showed. We knocked the ball around well and whilst I'd agree we at times over played and were not as penetrative as I'd have ideally liked, its a good start. Same approach, slightly higher tempo and we'll get our rewards.

People can't have it both ways. We can't berate Ally and the players for route 1 football and then complain when we attempt to play a more progressive style and don't quite get it 100% right 100% of the time.

Ness and Goian were outstanding. Surely no immediate way back for Lee now?

Also thought that Wallace, Naismith and Jelavic did a good job.

I don't get Ortiz at all. Regardless of which flank he prefers, if you have no pace, no dribbling ability and your final ball is wayward, then you are not my idea of a wide midfielder.

Davis worked as hard as ever but didn't have the quality in his passing today.

Wylde looked handy when he came on and Perry did ok.

I didn't think Broadfoot was as bad as some opined but by the same token I thought Edu was far less effective than some posters argued. In my view he did much btter today but that is not saying a lot. He isn't a footballer and his tackle for the 2nd booking would probably have earned him a straight red anyway.

Bartley looked very shaky to me and I was quite relieved when he went off, although obviously I didn't want him injured.

Overall, a good day. 2 wins and a draw. Crisis? What crisis?

Possession stats 35% - 65% in favour of us

That's what I like to see, us dominating a team by playing the ball on the deck, a wee creative player in the hole behind the ST's would be perfect for us

Possession stats 35% - 65% in favour of us

That's what I like to see, us dominating a team by playing the ball on the deck, a wee creative player in the hole behind the ST's would be perfect for us

That's what it used to be like when Barry Ferguson was here.

Jamie Ness his heir. Nah, better.

does anyone else think that naismith although he has his moments is a useless cnut?

it would appear from the responses that no one else concurs with your evaluation of naismith as a "useless cunt".

i would advise against asking the same question about yourself, as your ego might not be up for the fuckin doing it would deservedly be on the end of.

Decent first hlaf without creating much. Should have had at least one penalty in the first half. Second half we were toiling until the penalty and after that we bossed the game.

Goain strolled it, Wallace did well, Ness was excellent, another goal for Jelavic and a clean sheet. That will do me, onto Maribor now and hopefully a similar result (tu)