*** The Official Champions V Hibs Thread***

Ryan_1

tactics today:

Does the weather effect the game plan? I think our current style of play is already suited to taking advantage of testing conditions. For instance, quick breaks, high balls, knocking it past the defender and testing his turn of pace and snap shots from outside the box.

Match thread only 3 pages 3 hours before kick off?

Slightly worried about Garry O'Connor today, has been in terrific form recently, so Goian and Bocanegra will have to be at their absolute best to deal with him. Hopefully the amount of water thats been falling doesnt have to adverse an effect on the good football we've been seeing recently

Well i'm not sure what he's done in recent games to merit keeping his place, a winning team can still have the odd change here and there if some individuals aren't doing so good. It's not like there isn't options for Wylde's position, Bedoya and McKay are both able to play on the left, the returning Wallace can also play there, Lafferty too although he seems a stick on for up front now.

But hey, if Ally keeps picking Wylde and we keep winning who am I to argue? I'm just not sure what he brings to the table besides pace and the very occasional good ball, I don't see the ability to back up the way he messed about with contract negociations.

u mean apart from setting up lafferty for his goal against dundee utd, putting in the cross for laffs goal against celtic and scoring in his last game

I think Wylde is getting a hard time here, while I do think he is inconsistent his pace forces the opposition defence to sit further back for fear of him bursting past them.

Wingers are generally inconsistent but he does chip in with his fair share of goals and assists.

I think Wylde is getting a hard time here, while I do think he is inconsistent his pace forces the opposition defence to sit further back for fear of him bursting past them.

Wingers are generally inconsistent but he does chip in with his fair share of goals and assists.

Agreed, could be a match winner today. Needs to improve in some areas of his game, but what young player doesn't?

Gregg Wylde is 20 years old for fucks sake!

Give the boy a fucking chance to progress his game.

People are constantly criticising him yet they moan about no youth coming through or not being fucking used?

Gregg Wylde is 20 years old for fucks sake!

Give the boy a fucking chance to progress his game.

People are constantly criticising him yet they moan about no youth coming through or not being fucking used?

Hutton and Adam got abused for performance also. The fans were right, though. Its not as if those two ever made it in football.

I have faith in Wylde. He has only made 30-40 appearences for us and is indeed only 20. Give the bear a chance.

Hutton and Adam got abused for performance also. The fans were right, though. Its not as if those two ever made it in football.

I have faith in Wylde. He has only made 30-40 appearences for us and is indeed only 20. Give the bear a chance.

The Negative Loyal RSC are ALWAYS right though.

Walter Smith was constantly lambasted on here for playing players out of position at left midfield......yet now we have a half-decent left winger some folk are desperate to play just about anyone other than him. Go figure huh! :anguish:

Hutton would have been better though if he had stayed at us, in my opinion.

I have faith in Wylde too. Not every footballer in the world is the finished article so early. Even Messi had things he had to work on, same with Ronaldo and Iniesta etc.

No, I'm not comparing Wylde to the greatest players in the world but what I am doing is showing how everyone has to work on their game.

By playing every week Wylde will improve and improve and could go on to the best left winger the club has seen for a long, long time.

:wylde: