Mervan Celik signs for Rangers

The Monk

He's not the first player in the world to have his first name on his shirt.

Absolutely and if that's what he wanted on there, then I have no problem with that. Just think it would be utterly daft if he's got his first name on there simply because his surname is similar to Celtic and he's been advised to put his first name on it (Anyone know what he wore at his previous club?)

It's up to him what name he wants on the shirt and I very much doubt anyone other than himself decided on it.

Who knows Celik may be on his shirt when he plays...who knows!

Indeed, have to wait and see. Here's hoping it was his own choice, still find it a little silly. Even if he's decided to do it, its a little like the Wanyama '67' move to appeal to fans. Nothing wrong with his name. Anyway, a very welcome move, looking forward to seeing the guy, looks pretty built

He was born in 1990. Bloody hell, i'm only in my mid-twenties but having players born in the 90s makes me feel old!

Same mate!

I remember playing Champ and when players got to my age i'd think twice buying them because of their age.....

Frightning!

Long live the 80's!

Absolutely and if that's what he wanted on there, then I have no problem with that. Just think it would be utterly daft if he's got his first name on there simply because his surname is similar to Celtic and he's been advised to put his first name on it (Anyone know what he wore at his previous club?)

In all honesty, I COULD see it being a bit of a marketing ploy for shirt sales. I highly doubt anyone other than Mervan chose it though. Doesn't really matter though, we've got our man :D

In all honesty, I COULD see it being a bit of a marketing ploy for shirt sales. I highly doubt anyone other than Mervan chose it though. Doesn't really matter though, we've got our man :D

Indeed, its nitpicking really. He could wear 'Lennon' on the back of his shirt, if he plays well I wouldn't give a fuck. Just think its a little sad for bloody Scottish society as a whole if he were to not wear his surname on the back of his shirt because there was some kind of feeling that Rangers fans wouldn't be able to accept it. Alas, who knows, i'm sure someobody will ask him about it at some point.

Mon the Celik

Gutting myself at that :lol:

It's true though! I reckon he looks like he's got a wee bit of arrogance but will be a great player and a team player...based only on his coupon. In saying that, i've always thought that Lee Wallace looks like the most cumbersome athlete i've ever seen. He runs like he has a ten pound weight in either boot. Yet I think he has been excellent. Ha lets wait and see!