Fabrice Muamba collapses on pitch

Escobar

It depends what has happened to him.

If his coronary artery has been blocked causing a heart attack then some of the heart muscle will be dead/damaged.

Although it could really be anything that's wrong with him, heart defects/abnormalities, pacemaker issues etc.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It all depends on exactly what went wrong, some situations will mean tw heart is vastly weakened and he will never play again, others could see a good recovery with the potential to play again, there are many variables to consider and it would be hard to state conclusively whether or not he will ever be able to play again, without knowing the cause

Will he be able to recover enough to carry on playing I know at the moment it's the last thing on peoples mind but if he survives this what state will he be in I remember doing some first aid course years ago and it said a heart attack stops your lungs from pumping which stops air reaching your brain which leads to brain damage eventually if you survive does that mean he wasn't getting any oxygen at all until his heart was restarted or do oxygen masks and the chest compressions mimic the actions of the heart keeping his brain supplied with oxygen and preventing brain damage? that old Celtic player had a heart attack Evander Snow and he is still playing soI hope that's what happens with Muamba.

good luck to him and his family

the cpr that he was given basically mimics the body's breathing and blood pumping but it can't be continued forever. The heart needs to be restarted pretty quickly or else irreversible damage is done

i was down last year at a Bolton game v Arsenal and was invited into the players lounge and after the game his family were all in,looked so much smaller than he is, but a superb footballer and my son [who was with me] was taken with him and his family,and is really upset about all this,hopefully he makes a complete recovery,heres hoping.........

i was down last year at a Bolton game v Arsenal and was invited into the players lounge and after the game his family were all in,looked so much smaller than he is, but a superb footballer and my son [who was with me] was taken with him and his family,and is really upset about all this,hopefully he makes a complete recovery,heres hoping.........

That is humbiling stuff to meet his family members - we lost today but so what it was only a game of football

this guy has come from a war torn country and deserves all the luck and for his family to come out of this

i,m hoping so much -

Unbelievable work from the medics on call and the paramedics soon after.

Thoughts are with him, really hope he pulls through :(

Having recent experience of serious illness in the family, I cannot speak highly enough of medics and nurses. They are all absolute heroes in my books. To deal with such sadness every single day and deal with it the way they do...I can only look on in awe.

Is it fair to say his career's over, to the medically minded among us?

If he pulls through and his problem can be identified and there are no long-term side effects then he should be alright to continue playing.

I hope that he'll be back playing again one day, it would be the best outcome to this horrific ordeal.