Rhys McCabe

G.E.C.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He controlled the game. I was a bit worried with him in there, I thought they'd try to outfight us to be honest but the confidence he showed and the way he went looking for the ball was really encouraging. He could have stuck with playing 10 yard passes the whole game and got away with pass marks but the way he spread the play, always looking to make something happen, was excellent.

Really excited about his future, and I know I'll get a bit of stick for this... but a young Barry Ferguson?

I really hope we do see more of him - we have a pattern of youngsters coming into the team for really big games, and showing they can handle it, which is generally followed by 6 months in the wilderness. We really have an opportunity to have a young midfield that could pick itself for the next 10 years. lets do it!!

McCabe was class today!

Funny how guys like Hutton, McGeough etc have all been spoken of more over the past few years and when he comes in takes his chance!

His vision and composure is very good, its easy enough to play the ball 5 yards but he was playing cross field balls, moving the ball forward as well into the feet of the attackers! His set pieces are usually very good as well but he had a bit of an off day today with them!

Dont know about him and Ness being our CM future, Jamie cant seem to stay fit for 2-3weeks at a time but its definitely positive having players like them at the club.

Shame he had to go off early - was up there with Aluko for me as MoM.

Some of his more experienced mates could learn from how he uses the ball.

Don't think we'd have had such a late scare if he'd lasted the 90.

Look forward to seeing plenty more of the lad.

McCabe would have been a shoe in for MOTM if he didnt pull up.

I was a bit weary of how he would get on in the holding roll in such a pressure filled match but he showed the composure of a seasoned pro today. The wee man sprayed passes around for fun, didn't dive in when others would have been tempted to and was putting in good balls at corners.

McCabe was class today!

Funny how guys like Hutton, McGeough etc have all been spoken of more over the past few years and when he comes in takes his chance!

Agreed.

I'm not writing off Hutton, however, McCabe for a long while now has looked much better technically and twice the player Hutton is IMO.

His performance today showed a maturity beyond his age. Controlled the game and when he had to go off I think it affected us.

Patrolled the space in front of the back four and rarely wasted a pass. Superb performance and hopefully we see him keep his place in the side.(providing his injury isn't a bad one)

I thought McCabe was outstanding.

He looked like he was playing in his tenth Old Firm game, never mind his first. His range of passing was fantastic and he had a fantastic urgency about his play, not as in a rush, but he was constantly looking for a pass. He dominated the middle of the park.

Did anyone see Brown catching him? I seen someone else mention it in another thread, I didn't think many will caught in.

McCabe had the ball and he released it late, letting Brown get close, as if to let Brown know that he wasn't getting near it. After he released it, Brown caught him on the heel and McCabe started hobbling. I don't know if Brown meant it, but his general attitude, being and look suggests that he might have.

I hope he's alright because a good, solid run in the team could set him up well for a full season next term.

We've missed a player that feels confident enough to command the ball off the centre halfs and spread passes. He'snot afraid to ping the ball 40 yards and has a great eye for the pass. He'll be a big player for us at this rate.

This boy dominated the game in the first half and dictated play through sharp and varied passing.

Can only count two misplaced passes which, in an old firm debut, is phenomenal.

This is what's waiting at Murray Park and I can't wait for this type of talent to come through more regularly!

Just got to work - 9.20 am and still drunk and as happy as f$ck!! :beer1:

I thought he was excellent today, made for the position he played. But what was even better was the balance it gave to the team. He sat and controlled the ball movement in midfield, Edu can roam and breakup play and Davis can time his runs to link midfield and forwards.

He not only improved the position of holding midfielder but he improved the midfield as he allowed the others to do what they were good at.

Hopefully he stays fit and works hard. The young boys at Rangers have a great chance now - lets hope they take it!

Not much has been said about him aftrr yesterdays game. Really surprised by this to be honest, I thought he played extremely well and showed he deserves to be there. Some of his passes were amazing and his overall work rate was second to none.

Really hope we tie him down!