Transfers

So spurs line up Willaim and Lamela while Arsenal make banter bids for second rate players...

:lol:

Can't wait till deadline day when they start panic buying again, hilarious.

Such a well run club though as gooners will keep telling you though...

So spurs line up Willaim and Lamela while Arsenal make banter bids for second rate players...

:lol:

Can't wait till deadline day when they start panic buying again, hilarious.

Such a well run club though as gooners will keep telling you though...

More Mertersacker's, Andre Santos', Benayouan's & Park-Chu Young's :lol:

Spurs are going to be some team this season.

Yeah I look forward to how they do but I reckon it will take them a little bit of time before they are firing on all cylinders on the basis they have so many new faces who are all first team players.

I don’t expect them to challenge for the title this season but next season they will be right up there.

My point is the 3 I mentioned are miles ahead of Bale, so how could anyone put him 3rd...

Honestly can't get my head around Madrid's willingness to pay so much for Bale.

For me there is a debate if he is even the best player in England or in the top 10 in the world yet, it would seem, is going to become the world's most expensive player???

I don't think Bale has proved himself a level above the likes of RVP, Mata or Suarez and if you look further afield then you have (I'm not saying all these players are better than Bale...although some of them clearly are! but the rest surely comparable and worthy of debate):

Iniesta

Fabregas

Xavi

Ozil

Isco

Muller

Robben

Ribery

Schweinsteiger

Gotze

Reus

Ibrahimovic

Falcao

Cavani

Pirlo

This ignores the obvious Messi & Ronaldo who are miles ahead of Bale!

Honestly can't get my head around Madrid's willingness to pay so much for Bale.

For me there is a debate if he is even the best player in England or in the top 10 in the world yet, it would seem, is going to become the world's most expensive player???

I don't think Bale has proved himself a level above the likes of RVP, Mata or Suarez and if you look further afield then you have (I'm not saying all these players are better than Bale...although some of them clearly are! but the rest surely comparable and worthy of debate):

Iniesta

Fabregas

Xavi

Ozil

Isco

Muller

Robben

Ribery

Schweinsteiger

Gotze

Reus

Ibrahimovic

Falcao

Cavani

Pirlo

This ignores the obvious Messi & Ronaldo who are miles ahead of Bale!

A few Englsih pundits say Bale is the 3rd best in the world but they obviously don't watch much Spanish or German football obviously! Typical remark from an English pundit Muller is one of Bayern and Germany's best players and is younger than Bale! The likes of Pirlo Iniesta and Xavi are impossible to compare to him though as they are older and more established but will be worth less. If Bale can referred in the same tier as these guys he needs to have seasons like last season for the next few years otherwise its a pretty bold claim to be making

Everyone's laughing at Arsenal, but Man United are having just as much luck so far :lol:

Man Utd have an excuse though. Moyes has had only 2 months to scout players he wanted because all the signings he was looking at for Everton would not be good enough. Wenger should of known his targets and got them in early.

Everyone's laughing at Arsenal, but Man United are having just as much luck so far :lol:

Man Utd already have a title winning squad and pushed the boat out for players like Van Persie and Kagawa just last year. I'm not saying they couldn't do with strengthening but Arsenal are in much more urgent need of it.

Guillem Balague has revealed how Arsenal missed out on signing Spanish international David Villa for potentially as little as 2.3m euros.

The 31-year-old joined Atletico Madrid from Barcelona this summer as he brought to an end his three-year stay at the Nou Camp.

Balague told Revista that Arsenal tried to sign the player in January but failed to follow up that interest when Barcelona were eager to offload the forward this summer

Villa was largely restricted to appearances off the bench in his final season at the Nou Camp as he made his way back from a broken leg, which kept him out of the game for eight months.

And this, Balague suspects, was what deterred Arsene Wenger from making another bid for the player.

"In January Arsenal came and offered a four-year deal, about 20m euros, and some money for Barcelona. Barcelona said they were not selling," Balague told Revista.

"So I think that David Villa, who took his kids to a British school, expected Arsenal to come back but they didn't, because they saw that David Villa in the last six months was not happy and wasn't playing well, and they probably thought he is not what he was.

"Atletico Madrid came in and they got a deal for 2.5m euros - that is all for the first year. If he stays for three years it is 4.6m euros. Why so cheap? I found out that Barcelona have a first option on [18-year-old Atletico midfielder] Oliver Torres.

"Now if Atletico fans find out about that they might not be happy but it is one way of Barcelona saying they are getting rid of a big wage and getting a first option on this guy, and let go someone who was not happy either."

Villa, who has replaced successful striker Radamel Falcao at Atletico, started their 3-1 victory over Sevilla and Terry Gibson hopes he can regain his best goal-scoring form this season.

"If you are going to try to get a replacement for Falcao - and it goes without saying his success at Atletico Madrid - David Villa is as good as you are going to get.

"I think they got him for a good price. I think he needs dusting down, get his sharpness back and become used to playing again in that position that he started in the other night - in the middle of attack.

"That is the old David Villa who played for Valencia and Zaragoza, and that we want to see. At Barcelona he played wider on the left. I am hoping he really gets back to enjoying his football and playing in his favourite position again."

ARSENAL

PLAYERS IN: Yaya Sanogo (Auxerre) Free.

PLAYERS OUT: Chuks Aneke (Crewe) Loan, Martin Angha (Nuremberg) Free, Andrey Arshavin (Zenit St Petersburg) Free, Samir Bihmoutine (Released), Joel Campbell (Olympiakos) Loan, Marouane Chamakh (Crystal Palace) Undisclosed, Reice Charles-Cook (Bury) Free, Francis Coquelin (Freiburg) Loan, Denilson (Sao Paulo) Free, Johan Djourou (Hamburg) Loan, Craig Eastmond (Colchester) Free, Kyle Ebecilio (Twente) Free, Gervinho (Roma) £8m, Sead Hajrovic (Released), Conor Henderson (Released), Vito Mannone (Sunderland) Undisclosed, Jernade Meade (Swansea) Free, Ignasi Miquel (Leicester) Loan, Elton Monteiro (Club Brugge) Undisclosed, Nigel Neita (Released), Joshua Rees (Released), Philip Roberts (Falkirk) Free, Andre Santos (Flamengo) Undisclosed, James Shea (Released), Sebastien Squillaci (Bastia) Free, Sanchez Watt (Colchester) Free, Jordan Wynter (Bristol City) Free.

MANCHESTER UNITED

PLAYERS IN: Guillermo Varela (Atletico Penarol) Undisclosed.

PLAYERS OUT: Reece Brown (Watford) Free, John Cofie (Barnsley) Free, Michele Fornasier (Sampdoria) Free, Luke Giverin (Released), Luke Hendrie (Released), Reece James (Carlisle) Loan, Luke McCullough (Doncaster) Free, Sean McGinty (Sheffield United) Free, Paul Scholes (Retired), Ryan Tunnicliffe (Ipswich) Loan, Gyliano van Velzen (Utrecht) Free, Frederic Veseli (Ipswich) Free.

I don't think you can say that it's been just as bad for Man Utd, because they've only lost one first-team player, and brought one in, Arsenal have lost Arshavin, Gervinho, Santos and Squillaci with a few other fringe players, and essentially brought in no one :lol:.

Arsenal have taken a squad with plenty of depth but lacking those 3 or 4 true quality players, and just removed the depth :lol:.

I don't think you can say that it's been just as bad for Man Utd, because they've only lost one first-team player, and brought one in, Arsenal have lost Arshavin, Gervinho, Santos and Squillaci with a few other fringe players, and essentially brought in no one :lol:.

Arsenal have taken a squad with plenty of depth but lacking those 3 or 4 true quality players, and just removed the depth :lol:.

It was more of a throwaway comment that highlighted how Man United are really struggling with their targets too. I agree Arsenal have had a much worse summer, but people would probably be laughing at Man United if Arsenal weren't being so epically ridiculous.