Support your local Orange Hall

Dennis

No, as a four year old I had absolutely no idea about it.

I find it very very strange that people deny any link to Loyalism and Royalism and tell people to stop "living in the past and move on"

Like it or lump it our club has links, a huge section of the fan base and certainly nearly all Rangers men i know either march in a flute band, are in a lodge or their leanings are that of a loyalist nature.

For whatever reason some want to move away from that but its part of what makes Rangers great, its like when your at the games (Stuttgart 2007 for example) folk talk about Derrys walls and the bouncy and how the ground shook that night. Derrys walls, fathers advice and the sash wether some like to admit it or not gets the ground rocking and more fans involved than songs like Blue sea of ibrox etc. We are a fantastic club, but without the fans with the links i mention would we be as great as we are? I dont think so.

We are talking about the OO, and if you go into the trophy room you will see the gift presented by the OO. Our club has no problem with it, just handwringers like yourself.

With the exception of one mention of 'sky fairies' where have I said I had ANY problem with the OO? I just queried its relevance to RFC and seeing as how it is an RFC board i felt it was valid. However you show me where I have indicated any problem with the OO.

We have something in our trophy room presented by nearly every continental club we have ever played. Fair game for the Bears Den? We have a bike in the trophy room so why not a thread on Sir Chris Hoy perhaps?

Handwringer? really? If being annoyed at being called a 'fenian bastard' for not supporting my local Orange Hall makes me a 'handwringer' then great I'm a 'handwringer'. :rolleyes:

I find it very very strange that people deny any link to Loyalism and Royalism and tell people to stop "living in the past and move on"

Like it or lump it our club has links, a huge section of the fan base and certainly nearly all Rangers men i know either march in a flute band, are in a lodge or their leanings are that of a loyalist nature.

For whatever reason some want to move away from that but its part of what makes Rangers great, its like when your at the games (Stuttgart 2007 for example) folk talk about Derrys walls and the bouncy and how the ground shook that night. Derrys walls, fathers advice and the sash wether some like to admit it or not gets the ground rocking and more fans involved than songs like Blue sea of ibrox etc. We are a fantastic club, but without the fans with the links i mention would we be as great as we are? I dont think so.

I'm not denying ANY links to anything. I'm fully aware of our clubs history and links with Royalism and Loyalism. Whilst we may express certain sympathies these days there is no way that it could be claimed that it is a massive part of the make up of our current support. The Rangers support at larger has generally drifted away from and has support from all colours and races and religions.

All my memories attaced to Rangers are noting but footballing memories. The run to Manchester, 9iar, Winning titles under Advocaat, McLeish and Smith (again). THAT is what Rangers are about to me. I hold memories of Laudrup jinking past people, wearing a Rangers jersey, far higher than Michael Stone jinking past people in a cemetery.

Those links may make us who we are but they are not our present and they certainly aren't our future.

Our club used to demand players were clean shaven.

Our club used to hold a sports day.

Our club used to host concerts.

I also couldn't imagine tattoos being allowed in those days either.

I'm not denying ANY links to anything. I'm fully aware of our clubs history and links with Royalism and Loyalism. Whilst we may express certain sympathies these days there is no way that it could be claimed that it is a massive part of the make up of our current support. The Rangers support at larger has generally drifted away from and has support from all colours and races and religions.

All my memories attaced to Rangers are noting but footballing memories. The run to Manchester, 9iar, Winning titles under Advocaat, McLeish and Smith (again). THAT is what Rangers are about to me. I hold memories of Laudrup jinking past people, wearing a Rangers jersey, far higher than Michael Stone jinking past people in a cemetery.

Those links may make us who we are but they are not our present and they certainly aren't our future.

We cant sign Michael as good as he is he just never gets the job done 10310.gif

I bet the arseholes that are sprouting their anti-Loyalist bile in this thread are the very hypocrites who are happy to sing our songs week in, week out.

Cunts.

The thing I find strange is, I dont have any problem with fans who are not in the Orange Order or not Masons. But the ones who are not in either seem to have a problem with ones who are.

I think this thread is reeking of pape, and I'm including some who have been on RM for years.

You can do what you like, but you know the baggage that comes with our club when you started supporting us.

Well at least you are now admitting its baggage attached to the club. Time to ditch the baggage for good.

You have a problem with me peter, I see that. What for, I'm not sure. I've made 2 posts on this thread but you chose mine again to try to be smart. And not for the 1st time recently.

Maybe you could try being smart face to face.

I replied to your post as it was full of inaccuracies and stupidity. But don't worry I have not singled you out I have replied to other posts as well. I also note you don't refute my arguments but instead have a snide wee dig about face to face. Happy to meet anytime and discuss these topics!!!

I preppies to your post as it was full of inaccuracies and stupidity. But don't worry I have not singled you out I have replied to other posts as well. I also note you don't refute my arguments but instead have a snide wee dig about face to face. Happy to meet anytime and discuss these topics!!!

Good. I do lots of work in West Lothian & Edinburgh. And it wasnt a snide dig, it was an upfront comment.

You knew exactly what I meant on the post when you googled population of Britain but you decided to try and belittle the post. And as I said, not for the 1st time. But you wont be so smug & smart on a face to face. Of that I will guarantee. I will PM you next time I'm in your neck of the woods.

I look forward to seeing you.

Good. I do lots of work in West Lothian & Edinburgh. And it wasnt a snide dig, it was an upfront comment.

You knew exactly what I meant on the post when you googled population of Britain but you decided to try and belittle the post. And as I said, not for the 1st time. But you wont be so smug & smart on a face to face. Of that I will guarantee. I will PM you next time I'm in your neck of the woods.

I look forward to seeing you.

I am always smug and smart even face to face!! But I am starting to fell some anger from you and yet no response to my post to refute it

I am always smug and smart even face to face!! But I am starting to fell some anger from you and yet no response to my post to refute it

What do you want me to refute? That I shouldve googled population sizes? As I said, you knew exactly the point I was trying to make but your smartarseness got the better of you again.

As I said I will PM you next time I'm through your way.

I bet the arseholes that are sprouting their anti-Loyalist bile in this thread are the very hypocrites who are happy to sing our songs week in, week out.

Cunts.

No chance in hell for that either.

Aye, but those memories wouldnt be the same if you didnt have thousands of guys at your back singing the sash and no surrender.

Loyalism, like it or not, is part of Rangers heritage. And the sooner people know it, the better.

What do you want me to refute? That I shouldve googled population sizes? As I said, you knew exactly the point I was trying to make but your smartarseness got the better of you again.

As I said I will PM you next time I'm through your way.

Well you could start by responding to the question why you think all your stuff about rc protestants etc is in the bd and why you want to bring these topics up ? You are also sounding a bit aggressive - perhaps you should try arguing your points instead of veiled threats!

As an good church going protestant, all of my very long life , I do ask what the intolerance and celebrating victories of years gone by has to do with Christ ?

If you are true to the protestant faith you Will take your teachings from Christ not William of Orange .

Please dont talk the talk if your not prepared to walk the walk . I see you hypocrites out there marching and not turning out on a Sunday .

If Captain Cutlass was still alive he sure would educate you.

Instead of worrying about what someone else would do - why not try thinking for yourself and putting your own POV across as I have no idea who Captain Cutlass is or their viewpoint.