Whittaker & Naismith not transferring to newco

jmo21

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't care about Whittaker but we spent a fortune on Naismith during his multitude of injuries , the least he could do wax transfer over and then leave so we could get a fee

I thought he would have at least transferred over and then got at least a minimal fee or had a few loan spells. The fact that he's not even entertaining transferring over sickens me to my stomach.

Not surprised at Whittaker considering his contract negotiations at the start of the season and Naismith would,I believe, do anything his agent told him to do.The sell on clauses that the agents forced through was a huge clue to the future and we should expect to have very few,if any, players with first team experience left to play in whatever division we are allowed into.

The Rangers I knew for most of my life; a strong authority,straight and dignified changed under Murray and now is a limp whipping boy off the pitch and on the pitch has lacked the characters who would give all for the team.

I still cannot get my head round the thought of us playing in any division apart from the top league and I do not think I ever will.

Aye, because playing at Leeds or Wigan or Birmingham or Cardiff is a sure sign of ambition for Whittaker.

Maybe Blackpool or Reading for McCabe?

And the heady heights of Everton or Fulham for Naismith?

All of these teams you've mentiomed are a better prospect than a division 1 rangers. Its a fucking disaster!

Was not atall bitter with players wanting to move on. Good luck to them i say, but this statement released by Naismith has not only left a bitter taste in my mouth, it has devastated me.

Why in his right mind would he leave a parting shot like that is absolutely beyond belief. We (the fans and club) stood by him through 2 career threatening injuries, supported him through thick and thin, and he leaves releasing a statement that "the club no longer exists in its original form"? Angered at his fucking nonsense.

Havnt posted for a while but cant believe people saying if Walters consortium got in theyd have stayed BULLSHIT.

Not enough of Green yet to call a Mistrust.Two sides to the coin guys like Jig made a good living from football

hes now giving a bit back who else follows suit i dont know.

Agents are fucking lepers they feed these guys even if not the greatest players in the world they will be coining in fees of upward to

a million quid signing on fees ok a young footballer hasnt got a long career span but agents and money have fucked it

What fucks me off is guys like Naismith have collected a wage while sitting in the physio room at Murray Park then jumps ship.

Ok the original wage is the same with Tupe transfer but long term the bounuses for division one or three will be shite and

no European Bonus for at least three years.

This still feels like somebodys ripping our heart out though.Thinking back big names have left in the past and weve been gutted but never

have we experienced a mass exodus like this.

My only worry is if too many go how do you replace re the transfer embargo thats still in limbo.

For all the reservations of some of his teams selections though the only man we cant afford to lose is Mr Alistair McCoist his conduct and behaviour

has been exempelary for a man so young to first team management ,Bill Struth will be looking down on him with pride.

Tell it to Buffon and Del Piero - it doesn't wash with me.

More than that mate.

Nedved, Di Viao, Trezeguet im sure and others stayed. They almost had their full team when they went down..

So dissapointed by what is coming out, but yet not really surprised. I think Naismith's statement as just angered so many though.

So dissapointed by what is coming out, but yet not really surprised. I think Naismith's statement as just angered so many though.

Naismith: “I hope that a successful new Rangers can emerge and wish everyone connected with the new Club, including Mr Green and his consortium, the very best for the future.

Whittaker: “I want to take this opportunity to thank all the staff, the players and especially the supporters. Whatever form the new club takes, I wish everyone connected with it the very best for the future.

They can't even show us the respect of being accurate in their self-interest statements.

Contemptuous.

Another who doesn't have facts so goes on the anti green route, I'll ask you aswell. Who else put up

Green came out and said he had legal advice stating that the transfer of players to the newco was automatic - clearly the players have had advice to the contrary. I wonder if the distinction is that whilst the players registrations transfer (as an asset) their contract of employment doesn't due to TUPE protection.

Could this be an attempt from within to get rid of green?

Im fuming at this, i could take it if its announced we're going to the 3rd division, and the players come out and say "look, we have to think about our careers", but nothing is set in stone yet, no one knows whats happening, least of all us. Any player leaving just now is just jumping ship, and wont be forgiven in my eyes.

99% of professional footballers are greedy bastards that would sell their granny for a signing on fee. Why people are shocked when it happens is beyond me. Stop greeting like a bunch a wee lassies because weve lost a heedless chicken thats always crocked, and a fat arsed full back that couldnae tackle a fish supper. Would you prefer to still be paying that imposter 20k a week?

Dont be surprised if its only big jig left and 10 youths playing next season. Bigger things to worry about, than trying to keep our so called superstars. As long as we have a team in a league, we ll be back.

Look at the money they're on anyway..

Look at the bills they will have to pay.

No one is saying sympathy for the poor little rich boys but it's not as simple as people make out to take a paycut however much you are on. Easy to preach on MB's about this nonsense but you would all do the same in their position.

@BBCLiamMcLeod: Steven Naismith and Steven Whittaker release statement saying they will not be transferring their contracts to #Rangers newco

Cannot say I blame them really. A professional's career is relatively short and they are only doing what all here would do in the same circumstances.