**Ian Black Thread**

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chances are we can still offer decent money so attracting SPL calibre players may not be that far fetched. How attractive is the SPL going to be anyway? Everyone knows celtc will win it easily and you aren't going to get far in Europe with a co-efficient that is dropping year after year.

If true...

It takes him a long way in me forgiving him for the Jelavic incident and shows he isn't that bad. This guy, based on last season, surely must be getting offers from English clubs but for him to say no to them and want to come to Rangers say a lot about his desire to play for us.. Type of player we have been missing in midfield..

Yes, from me (tu)

I was probably most against him coming to us, but having a player of that quality in the division 3, for a position I have worked out to be our weakest if people who I think will go, do (CM along with LB) then it would be some signing.

If he's willing to take such a step down to play for us then excellent. (tu)

IAN BLACK last night issued a come-and-get-me plea to Ally McCoist — and insisted he would play in the Third Division.

The former Hearts midfielder had agreed to sign for the Rangers newco if they’d been placed into Division One and the transfer embargo was lifted.

That deal was ripped up and declared void once Gers were condemned to the bottom tier. However Black told SunSport he would still contemplate playing for the Ibrox side.

He said: “The contract will be void because it was for playing in the First Division.

“If they want me in the Third Division, then they’ll have to approach me again.

“I don’t have anything else happening at the moment. I’m unemployed right now and looking for a team. I have a family to support, so I need to get back into work.

“I’m open to offers — from Rangers or anybody else. I’ll see how it goes.”

Black slated those players who decided not to stay on and sign for the newco.

He said: “They’ll have there own circumstances surrounding it. But if they were as close to the manager as they said they were, they could have helped Rangers financially by staying on and then being bought.

“That would have helped put the team back on the map. But they didn’t.

“Looking from the outside, I’d maybe have had that respect for the manager and the club.”

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4433100/Black-Ill-be-a-Div-3-star.html#ixzz20pdtHt5O