***The Official Football Manager 13 Thread***

jdocherty72

Fucked up with rangers and ended up completely skint having to sell most of my players . So started again being a bit more sensible with money .

Signed

Murray Davidson

Greame shinnie

Some Ukrainian from hearts

Keith Watson

Sold Wallace and perry

Will post my team later

Also started a game with Swansea which I'm enjoying but looking for some tips/advice because I'm getting a ridiculous amount if draws . Sitting 12th in February , really should be higher up than that .

Back in the SPL with Rangers now.

Div3 won by 32 points.

Div2 won by 30 points.

Div1 won by 18 points.

1st game in the SPL... 2 penalties given against me, 2 red card given against me and i had 3 goals disallowed.

Fuck the SPL!

My side is tearing SFL3 apart.

A fluid, attacking 4-5-1

Alexander

Argyriou Faure Hegarty Wallace

Black Shiels McCulloch

Banton Temps

McKay

Jason Banton is a fucking machine, get him signed boys. Only in February and he has twenty goals. Not bad for a winger!

My side is tearing SFL3 apart.

A fluid, attacking 4-5-1

Alexander

Argyriou Faure Hegarty Wallace

Black Shiels McCulloch

Banton Temps

McKay

Jason Banton is a fucking machine, get him signed boys. Only in February and he has twenty goals. Not bad for a winger!

Cant find him...

Omar Kossoko has been my best signing for us so far, him and Templeton on the wings and Adam Le Fondre up front = Goals! Chairman's been a pain in the arse with funds etc but have signed a few quality youngsters who look ready for the first team. Currently half way through my second season won league and challenge cup double in my first, hopefully on for the treble this year!

in division 1 with rangers , just about to start the season. in debt by aout 6 million mostly down to wages , i have managed to get rid of all high earners apart from templeton who is on £12.5k next highest wage is £6k . oldest player is templeton who is 25 now . now got a young squad that should be able to win the league . a few good young germans on free transfers . expected to make a profit this year ! :D

1rdgsz.png

this is what i expect my starting 11 will normally be but im still trying to get a DM

4hfqpz.png

i have a question about expenditure . what do you pay tax on in this game , i thought it would have been wages but so far this season i have paid £1.2 million in wages but £4.9million in tax .... cant be right surely ?

IIRC tax in the game is paid on last seasons revenue or something like that. Or profits maybe.

I remember reading somewhere the more money you make in one year the more tax you pay the next.

Started my 2nd season with Swansea . Not had a brilliant start . Played 5 lost 3 won 1 drew 1

The 3 I lost were to city Chelsea and united but I was all over Chelsea and shouldn't have beat them IMO.

Does anyone have any advice for improving my defending ? because I'm leaking alot of goals at the moment

Playing vorm in goals and a back 4 of will-Hanley-Williams-Clyne , set the full backs to defend and Hanley as a limited defender

I think I made a mistake in selling Danny graham but wanted to give guddetti a chance also got Carroll on loan who has scored a few already

Started my 2nd season with Swansea . Not had a brilliant start . Played 5 lost 3 won 1 drew 1

The 3 I lost were to city Chelsea and united but I was all over Chelsea and shouldn't have beat them IMO.

Does anyone have any advice for improving my defending ? because I'm leaking alot of goals at the moment

Playing vorm in goals and a back 4 of will-Hanley-Williams-Clyne , set the full backs to defend and Hanley as a limited defender

I think I made a mistake in selling Danny graham but wanted to give guddetti a chance also got Carroll on loan who has scored a few already

I always find changing the default training focus/match preparation tends to help, setting mines at attacking movement seem to score loads, before I was struggling to find the net.

Try setting yours to defensive positioning if you haven't already done so, see if it makes a difference

I always find changing the default training focus/match preparation tends to help, setting mines at attacking movement seem to score loads, before I was struggling to find the net.

Try setting yours to defensive positioning if you haven't already done so, see if it makes a difference

Cheers , I started doing this only played one match since and it was a defeat to Chelsea . But hopefully it works

Finished 10th last season which wasn't bad considering I was expected to get relegated so hoping to try and get into Europe this season .

Got really annoyed with Swansea and went on holiday oct-dec then got sacked :lol:

Added a new manager and took over them again . Sitting 19th at the start of feb . The board still want me to finish mid table . Failing so far , I don't get it to be honest . Last season finished 10th and my team this season is roughly the same . Clyne,a right back called solly and andy Carroll who doesn't always play . Signed a few squad players so that might be having an effect on the team .

Signed mannone(sp) from arsenal as a future keeper . Good stats but one on ones are terrible and it turns out you can't set undavidual training to work on that !

Fearing 12 will be the last FM for me. Been losing interest in it for the last few years and don't find it as fun as it used to be.

Feel like it's kind of over worked now. FM09 was the best one in my eyes.

Classic mode sounds intriguing, but sad times it seems (td)

FM09 was brilliant. My Sevilla team was unbelievable.

Asenjo

Santon Sakho Fazio Bale

Marquinhos De Rossi Veloso Mata

Balotelli Hulk/Bojan

I've not really played FM since my computer buggered up and I lose all my data from that year. I finally won La Liga after about three or four seasons. I actually won the CL before I won La Liga.

I've just moved into 2nd place in the SPL in 2016-2017 after 13 games. Just beat Celtic for the first time 2-0 at Ibrox to take me only 8 pts behind them.

Took me two years to get up from the 1st Division after Ross County ripped the league a new one.

Players I still have left are .....

Faure and Gasparatto as my centre back paring. Aird and McKay both still play as wellm McKay starts but Aird is mainly a sub. That's it.

Main striker is now Alex Nimely who player for Man City youths and reserves and also got Demba Ba as a player/scout (not socred in 10 games thou! - one year flop!)

Qualify for Europe and increase the revenue stream and build from there.

Finished 2nd season with Swansea which was a bit if a disaster to be honest , finished 17th securing safety on the last day of the season with a 4-0 win over villa.

Up until the last 4 games no tactic I used seemed to work , struggled to score and leaked goals no changes I made seemed to help , made a new 4-2-3-1 tactic and it worked instantly . Guddetti who had only scored 1 in 20odd games scored 5 in 3 and I started to dominate teams .

Board still wanted to finish mid table and weren't too happy , they let me keep my job because I pleaded with them basically .

Been given 24 million

Sold vorm for 7

signed ninis for 8

In the process of signing noble and need a striker and rb cover

Can anyone recommend a good keeper? . Tried to get fabianski but he doesn't want to come (only played 2 games in 2 years for arsenal ! )

Going to start a next season with the tactic i ended this one with and hopefully I'll have some better luck