***The Official Football Manager 13 Thread***

jdocherty72

Can you withdraw from the reserve league in the second season? Also is there any way to take control of the reserves and under 19's without sacking the coaches running them?

Yes, unless the board think it's important to have a team in it. Then you have no choice.

And not any more it seems.

Anyone got any decent FM challenges?

I tried out the British Steel one last year, getting every British trophy only using British players - but that's pretty damn difficult.

I was thinking of looking some up myself soon, because Rangers in Division 3 isn't much of a challenge at the minute. I've won 24 out of 24 games in all competitions, including Celtic in the cup - and I only signed 3 half decent players.

I don't know if I can cope with that level of boredom for 3 years getting to the SPL/Champions League.

Anyone got any decent FM challenges?

Here's a couple of other famous ones:-

The Famous Pentagon Challenge - Start unemployed with Sunday League reputation, and go on to win all 5 continental Champions Leagues in one save.

The San Marino Challenge which was discussed earlier in the thread - basically take San Marino from Serie C1 to the Champions League trophy, and at the same time try to make the country somewhat successful as International Manager

I like ones like the British Steel one where you can overhaul the team completely.

Not sure on any of these exactly myself. We should try and think one up and get a few people in the thread doing it.

Paid £14.99 for this from Steam, and the fucking thing doesn't work.

I open it, and you can see it working away in the 'Processes' tab of the Task Manager, but it doesn't come up on screen. I've tried everything, just emailed them now and told them to refund my money which I doubt they will.

Cunts.

Here's a couple of other famous ones:-

The Famous Pentagon Challenge - Start unemployed with Sunday League reputation, and go on to win all 5 continental Champions Leagues in one save.

The San Marino Challenge which was discussed earlier in the thread - basically take San Marino from Serie C1 to the Champions League trophy, and at the same time try to make the country somewhat successful as International Manager

I like ones like the British Steel one where you can overhaul the team completely.

Not sure on any of these exactly myself. We should try and think one up and get a few people in the thread doing it.

The British steel one sounds good. I don't have the patience to take a small team right to the top :lol: I need short term challenges.

The British steel one sounds good. I don't have the patience to take a small team right to the top :lol: I need short term challenges.

It's not very short term though :lol:

Here's the list of things to win with only British Players (e.g, If you have a full team of foreigners you would need to either sell them or send them to reserves):-

England

Fa Trophy, Blue Square North/South, Blue Square Premiership, Johnson's Paint trophy, nPower League Two, nPower League One, nPower Championship, League Cup, Community Shield, FA Cup, Premiership

Scotland

Challenge Cup, Division 3, Division 2, Division 1, League Cup, FA Cup, Premier League

Northern Ireland

Mid-Ulster Cup, Steel & Son's cup, Interim cup, County Antrim Shield, Division two, First division, League Cup, FA cup, Setanta Cup, Premiership

Wales

League Cup, FAW cup, Premiership

Paid £14.99 for this from Steam, and the fucking thing doesn't work.

I open it, and you can see it working away in the 'Processes' tab of the Task Manager, but it doesn't come up on screen. I've tried everything, just emailed them now and told them to refund my money which I doubt they will.

Cunts.

Pretty sure if you google this, you have to end process tree and reload it. Then it will work.

Don't take my word for it, google it or maybe somebody else in here can help.

It's not very short term though :lol:

Here's the list of things to win with only British Players (e.g, If you have a full team of foreigners you would need to either sell them or send them to reserves):-

England

Fa Trophy, Blue Square North/South, Blue Square Premiership, Johnson's Paint trophy, nPower League Two, nPower League One, nPower Championship, League Cup, Community Shield, FA Cup, Premiership

Scotland

Challenge Cup, Division 3, Division 2, Division 1, League Cup, FA Cup, Premier League

Northern Ireland

Mid-Ulster Cup, Steel & Son's cup, Interim cup, County Antrim Shield, Division two, First division, League Cup, FA cup, Setanta Cup, Premiership

Wales

League Cup, FAW cup, Premiership

Do you need to do that all in one save?