Will the novelty wear off?

GrandSuckMaster

I have been to every home game this season and falkirk away,

We have been galvinised by the treatment of our club over the summer. Every one wants to get behind the fightback.

I can't see the crowds going down for a couple of reasons, the cost of tickets and the lack of coverage in the mainstream scottish media.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shall we just go shopping instead then?

Or shall we all just go and watch all the wee local clubs ?

Do us a favour dont panic we will be in the Top tier again soon enough .

We are out of Europe anyway so thats not an issue.

Lets just keep smashing crowd attendances and remember we have more History to make and I want to ne part of it.

I can't speak for anyone else. I managed 4 games 2 seasons ago, none last year, but I'm planning to get to at least another 6 this year, more if we get home ties in he cup against SPL teams.

I bet it'll be hard to get a ticket for the Motherwell game, even though it is on BBC TV.

Shall we just go shopping instead then?

Or shall we all just go and watch all the wee local clubs ?

Do us a favour dont panic we will be in the Top tier again soon enough .

We are out of Europe anyway so thats not an issue.

Lets just keep smashing crowd attendances and remember we have more History to make and I want to ne part of it.

Very strange reply

It's a good point you make, despite what others are saying. No doubt it has been a concern of mine, but our support is just making me think that it wont wear off. The team all deserves our support and no one more so than Ally McCoist. I don't think our fans will drop the numbers, for Ally and the team, I don't think anything will wear off.

Bring it on.

I fully expect attendances to drop by a few thousand mid-winter as they always do, but the fervour surrounding Rangers and the way the Bears have grabbed ST's, with plenty of first timers coming on board, I really don't think it will be as noticeable as it has been in bygone seasons.

As for moving through the divisions I don't see it tailing off much at all due to playing yet more teams we would only ever play once in a blue moon in a Scottish Cup tie! :clap::D

The time you picked, December 2013, will at this point be as exciting a time as we have had for a while as we will be looking forward to welcoming new players through the front doors and up the hallowed marble staircase once again to pull on the famous jersey of Rangers Football Club!! :21::uk:

I fully expect attendances to drop by a few thousand mid-winter as they always do, but the fervour surrounding Rangers and the way the Bears have grabbed ST's, with plenty of first timers coming on board, I really don't think it will be as noticeable as it has been in bygone seasons.

As for moving through the divisions I don't see it tailing off much at all due to playing yet more teams we would only ever play once in a blue moon in a Scottish Cup tie! :clap::D

The time you picked, December 2013, will at this point be as exciting a time as we have had for a while as we will be looking forward to welcoming new players through the front doors and up the hallowed marble staircase once again to pull on the famous jersey of Rangers Football Club!! :21::uk:

Good point about the signings, maybe I should have said october

I think through the winter the attendances will inevitably drop but as many have said above their seems to be a reinvigoration amongst alot of bears....although it disapoints me that a number of season ticket holders from last year have walked away alot of new fans have taken their place.

My grandad hasn't had a season ticket in over 20 years or even been to a game but despite being well into his 80's he got one this year to support the club after all we've been through..

If the union bears/bf1 continue to help create great atmospheres and the product on the pitch is enjoyable then those on the cusp will continue to come. As many others have said it shouldn't matter who we are playing or where...yes we would all love to see us playing barca or real and that will come again but for the time being its qos and Elgin and I for one am looking forward to the journey....

Well for me the 'novelty' wont wear off, have spent £300 on season ticket and signed up for all cups as well, its just my rangers as always and I'll e there every time. Yes its not ideal we are in third division but in all honesty I've been at every home game so far and its been a really great atomosphere, and away fans just happy to be at Ibrox, the Elgin boys said just how magnificent it was to be at Ibrox, as opposed to the treatment we get from splhell clubs.

I worry about this, i have been so happy with the turn out so far, but, I remember the bad days, when my dad and brother had two rovers tickets and two out of my other siblings used to go and play about in the stands and slide down the bannisters in the govan front. Not saying it will be like this again, but we have been there.

i've seen more people wearing gers tops in recent weeks than i ever have.

the sense of unity amongst our support is fantastic our situation has brought more of us together than any 'old firm' win or european result ever could.

the novelty can't wear off because supporting rangers is a way of life,not a novelty.

and non rangers fans fuckin hate it :21:

We've rid ourselves of the gloryhunting fans, of players who didn't really want to be here and of directors who were only really self interested. Essentially we've had a total detox.

Everyone can see that this is a fresh chapter in our history, and it's exciting them.

perfectly summed up djw, the gloryhunters have gone and the feelgood factor is alive and well.

I used to sit in disbelief listening to the same arseholes every week groaning and moaning about a misplaced pass or a mistake just seconds after kick off !