Will the novelty wear off?

GrandSuckMaster

Fully expect to be abused for this but I want to hear other bears opinions so here goes. Obviously everyone is enjoying sfl3 as a breath of fresh air, but do you think that we are in a bit of a honeymoon period at the moment? Not been to ibrox yet this season and experienced the atmosphere, but you can almost hear from London how amazing the atmosphere is at home games just now, but can this be maintained when we are in December 2013 playing against SFL 2 clubs and winning by 3 or 4 goals every week? With no European football and the lack of fresh signings to bring excitement is it possible to maintain the crowds and the atmosphere? If we can keep the crowds I and I'm sure world football will be massively impressed, but it is a realistic goal?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The crowds for cup games will remain solid.

The crowds for league games MAY drop slightly as the novelty wears off, which I don't think it will.

Even so, the ST's already sold for home league games has guaranteed the income for the rest of the season, whether folk turn up or not.

Fully expect to be abused for this but I want to hear other bears opinions so here goes. Obviously everyone is enjoying sfl3 as a breath of fresh air, but do you think that we are in a bit of a honeymoon period at the moment? Not been to ibrox yet this season and experienced the atmosphere, but you can almost hear from London how amazing the atmosphere is at home games just now, but can this be maintained when we are in December 2013 playing against SFL 2 clubs and winning by 3 or 4 goals every week? With no European football and the lack of fresh signings to bring excitement is it possible to maintain the crowds and the atmosphere? If we can keep the crowds I and I'm sure world football will be massively impressed, but it is a realistic goal?

That's your problem.

Been a couple threads like this recently. Who gets bored watching Rangers? Doesn't matter if its Barcelona or Berwick, I'm only their to see the Rangers.

What novelty? I go to see Rangers, I couldn't give a fuck if It's Annan or Arsenal we're playing.

I'm not talking about fans who follow the club through thick and thin, I'm talking about the fans who only go to get Mwi and have a good day out. Obviously our core will always be there, just wonder how long some other fans will stick around.

That's your problem.

Been a couple threads like this recently. Who gets bored watching Rangers? Doesn't matter if its Barcelona or Berwick, I'm only their to see the Rangers.

When did I say people would get bored. I'm just asking if you think we will have near on 50,000 for the next 3 years

The point is this;The fans now realise that we are Rangers.We have watched our enemies do everything in their power to denigrate our beloved team.Attendances so far have been a testimony to the depth of feeling we have for our club,and our contempt for the SFA/SPL cabal.I don`t for one minute believe that there will be a significant drop in our support at the turnstyles,in fact Ibrox is a wonderful place to be,among thousands of bears showing the world that loyalty is our bond.WATP

i am not a ST holder but will get to as many wkend and midweek games as possible this season shift work permitting,and i am sure we will pride ourselves with huge turnouts all season,this will show we are the best supported team in scotland. :uk: :uk: :uk:

Was thinking about this the other day.

Unfortunately enough I do think it'll wear off.

Its been excellent seeing Ibrox jam-packed and showing the team that we're sticking by them but come winter time when we're continually winning by at least 3 goals a game fans are going to grow bored of seeing the same thing every week and then we'll more than likely see the uber-fans on here criticising the ones that don't go enough and the ones that don't go enough hitting back with 'I can't afford it' even though they probably could have if it was a Champions league game or a game against the taigs or what ever.

Hope I'm wrong though.

I think the difference this year is that we're actually going somewhere; there's a new sense of adventure around the place, and everyone wants to be a part of it.

I'll admit that I shared this fear a month or so ago, but what I've seen in recent weeks makes me certain that our support won't let us down. They really are fantastic.

where exactly are we going that's makes this season better than all other seasons when we're normally chasing a European dream and reinstating that were Scotland's no 1 on the top tier?

back to the op and no I don't think the crowds will dwindle as we've been shown how much hatred and bigotry there is out there against us and us the fans will give no quartet every again against our enimies.

I'm not talking about fans who follow the club through thick and thin, I'm talking about the fans who only go to get Mwi and have a good day out. Obviously our core will always be there, just wonder how long some other fans will stick around.

Well, in that sense, the 'novelty' will wear off. And I hope it does.

Fuck plastic fans.

Hard to say -- but I don't see it falling off. We are all in this together and it will be a remarkable journey. I believe everyone really wants to be a part of it. We need to not only win matches, but win with style. Not being arrogant, but the reality says we should.

A good win vs Motherwell will also just make the feel good factor even higher. 00000042.gif

Mr. Green has played his part in this too. Defending us, taking the SFA, SPL to task -- it's bringing a solidarity to the support. 00000042.gif

Season Ticket has been bought, QOTS ticket bought, was at the Falkirk game last week. Unlike the OP I actually go to the games. Who gives a fuck if the novelty wears off for a guy that doesn't even go and support the club?

A brave post, but you make a fair point, and make it without being inflammatory, so I for one am happy for the debate.

You talk about the core support a bit lower down. I think that a lot of us (myself included) who never previously thought of ourselves as the core, have rethought that. The club needed us, we answered the call, and for as long as the club needs us, we'll be here - so the core is now much larger than it was.

Many of the new and young visitors can't possibly avoid being bitten by the bug, and will continue to return.

With the reduced prices, many families will now see it as an excellent value option for a family day out.

Attendances will inevitably dip at periods - they do for all clubs, but as someone else said above - "We're here to see The Rangers!" And even if they do dip, they won't dip to the same degree as SPL clubs will. We'll still be the biggest show in town.

And one last point - it's up to you, me and everyone else here to do all we can to keep drumming up that enthusiasm, and to make sure that everyone knows that there's no better show in town.

Actually another last point - Get yourself to Ibrox !!!!

Our 'adventure' in Div 3 is indeed a 'breath of fresh air' and it is obvious to everyone that we are enjoying the adventure.

Rangers fans are nothing, if not consistent and loyal. They will continue to support the team no matter what. The Division doesn't matter - what matters is the love for the club and the determinaton to support the team where ever they play and whom ever they play!

The issue is not whether the Bears will Follow, Follow on but, rather, whether some have the money to do so. In this 'straightened' financial climate I am absolutely 'gob-smacked' that so many fans have turned out to watch the team.

Just watch as the gers in Div 3 break all the attendance and viewing figures. 'Can this be maintained', yes it can......just watch.

We truly Are The People!

Our 'adventure' in Div 3 is indeed a 'breath of fresh air' and it is obvious to everyone that we are enjoying the adventure.

Rangers fans are nothing, if not consistent and loyal. They will continue to support the team no matter what. The Division doesn't matter - what matters is the love for the club and the determinaton to support the team where ever they play and whom ever they play!

The issue is not whether the Bears will Follow, Follow on but, rather, whether some have the money to do so. In this 'straightened' financial climate I am absolutely 'gob-smacked' that so many fans have turned out to watch the team.

Just watch as the gers in Div 3 break all the attendance and viewing figures. 'Can this be maintained', yes it can......just watch.

We truly Are The People!

'Roll up and spend your last dime'

If it came down to a choice between the luxuries and Rangers I know where my cash is going.