***The Official Rangers v Montrose Thread***

simplythebest

What a daft post you mean.

I pay for my season ticket, if i want to leave, i will do what i please. This isn't the first time you've been on my back. Give it a rest.

I've never noticed you up until now to be quite honest, It must be a new breed of fan that storms of in the huff if the team doesn't match the selection in their head.

I think your talking out your arse or your in some way retarded a supporter back the team whoever plays.

Mentioning you pay for your season ticket like it suddenly means you have carte blanche to pick the team is just daft.

after the defeat from QOTS this game can't come quick enough. Templeton and i presume Little are out with injuries, and i imagine Kyle would be suspended as he received a straight red for violent conduct on Tuesday night. i would go with this:

Alexander

Perry Faure Cribari

Argyriou Shiels Black MacLeod Wallace

McKay McCulloch

will be in the West Enclosure for this game. looking forward to it :21:

Generally not a fan of 3 at the back but our team has no width...and it could work..if we really push the greek and wallace onto either touchline..

Shields in the hole and Mckay playing around Jig up top. Giving some pace up there too.

It's depressing at times, thinking of a team you think would be best suited to a possession game that creates chances and looks fluid.... When you know for a fact, that the last 5 years have I have never got it right, unless I was picking the team I thought the manager would pick......

Anyway..... 4-3-3 and try to keep it simple as possible

Alexander

Greek Perry Faure Wallace

Black Mcleod Shiels

Stella Sandaza Mckay

Possibly move Shiels forward one with Faure into midfield and Emilson into centre half if Shiels is struggling to influence the game from there.

Possibly McCulloch in for Fran as he's really struggling for form and we don't really seem to make it easy for him. But hopefully with that team we will. (tu)

But, like I said. It won't be that team....

Alexander

Hegarty Perry Cribari Wallace

Argyriou Black MacLeod McKay

Shiels

McCulloch

Subs: Gallacher, Sandaza, Crawford, Hutton, Stella.

Tuesday was hard but the team need to pick up, I still believe this team can click. The East Stirling and Elgin games showed that, we'll miss Temps and Little a lot but hope to see Stella get some mins, think Argyriou played well against QOTS so would start him at RM.

Rangers 3-0 Montrose (Shiels(2), McCulloch) :pipe:

Currently I think Mckay is better as an impact substitution early second half when the opposition are tiring.

That plus the lad is young and played alot of games recently along with shiels which is why I would go with stella and aird to run the legs off them for the first hour then bring on shiels and mckay. Jig up front to stay with naismith just off him to stop the ball keep coming straight back.

Also a bit of see him he's got the same shirt on as you try passing it to him might help.

So if we were to put all the round pegs in the round holes, what would it look like ?

Seems so many players playing out of position all the time, no wonder they seem lost.

For instance Jig, what is his best position? Seems in his career he's played everything

but keeper. Where does he truly fit ? And McKay, I like his play when he's "on". I really

like the fact that he's not afraid to try and break a defender down. I feel he's earned his

place for at least 70 minutes a match (seems to struggle to make a full 90). As a youth coach,

I have always tried to put players in the position that they and the team would be successful.

Sometimes I just havent seen that with Rangers lately.

At the end of last season Ally stumbled upon a formation in which we played good passing football coupled with good results (e.g. the 3-2 win against the them), am all for if it aint broke dont fix it but this season he has not played it once!

So far this season we have had 3-4-3, 4-4-2, 4-4-1-1 and 4-2-3-1 and none have been particularly effective except at home barring our last match.

The formation that worked so well at the end of last season was a 3-1-4-2, and we still have the players to play this system if we play Faure, Perry and Emilson at the back Argyriou and Wallace on the flanks, McLeod in the holding role with Black and Shiels in front of him and McCulloch and McKay up front.

Incidentaly this is the system Juventus are playing and they are over 40 games unbeaten in their League.

Alexander

Argyriou Perry Faure Wallace

McKay Black McLeod Shiels

Sandaza McCulloch

On the basis that somebody needs to be dropped - Ally telling them they've been an embarrassment doesn't seem to work. 4-4-2 to give them a chance to look like they know what they're doing, modern tactics look like rocket science. Two up front, with Sandaza doing a Boyd, if he can be arsed. If I could find a definitive left-back among the youths (or if a search party could find Darren Cole), Shiels would have been dropped and Wallace moved to midfield.

And a sniper on the roof for the first Alexander/Defender punt to nobody.