***The Official Rangers v Alloa Athletic Thread***

Amac9

Macleod has looked lost every time he has played wide midfield.

If you are sacrificing a central midfielder, then lose the worst performer, Ian Black.

Macleod' role at LM would be to push forward inside to a more AM position with Wallace bombing up the wing outside him. Aird offers natural width on the right as he wont have to come inside as much as he does on the left. With the quintessential Rangers front two, a big man who can play and a quick footed goal scorer.

Three words: Four Four Fuckin 2

Alexander

Hegarty - Perry - Cribari - Wallace

Aird - Hutton - Black - Macleod

McCulloch - Little

not sure if anyone else has said (i cant be bothered reading through all the posts), but that, sir, is four words. (or 1 number and three word).

and i will now get my coat

I don't particularly think it's backwards though. I feel 4-4-2 can be a bit stationery unless done properly. Templeton and Shiels behind McCulloch and Little could work though.

This.

4-4-2 is outdated teams know how to play against it easily.

When Templeton is back it will be jig upfront with Little, Sheils and Templeton behind him and Black and MacLeod sitting behind them, that's a formidable team imo.

this, looking like Wallace might not make it, who do we have that can play there?

No other LB in squad. Hoping its not serious :(

I think a back three. Lots are obviously frustrated at players being "out of position" so I don't think we should try and fit in a make shift LB.

I realise this ruins my four four fuckin 2 system. :unsure: Back to the drawing board.

EDIT:

I'd go with this if Waldo is out. Use those wings.

Alexander

Hegarty - Perry - Cribari

Black

Aird - Hutton - Macleod - McKay

McCulloch - Little

For those of you that like a wee bit of stats about our opponents, There's a few snippets and all their results this season below. It's interesting trivia for some, and can be skipped over for those who aren't interested.

Obviously it's all about how Rangers do, and I'll be up on the Club Deck tomorrow interested in only one team - the info on Alloa below is just for a wee bit of variety for anyone that's interested.

Last year's Division 3 winners are currently flying high in Division 2.

They've played a couple of teams we're familiar with (East Fife, Brechin, QOTS (twice) and a few we'll be getting to know in the near future, so it's interesting to see how they coped against them.

We'll maybe be playing them in Div 2 next year (unless they get promoted) so it's maybe worth getting vaguely familiar with them (their stadium capacity is 3100 by the way)

Last Season, Alloa won Division 3, with 4 games still to go, by beating Elgin 8-1. They won 23, drew 8 and lost 5, finishing top on 77 points, 14 points clear of 2nd placed Queen's Park.

This season, Alloa were eliminated from both Ramsden and League cups at the very first round, before the first league fixture of the season.

Since then they have played 10 league games, and are sitting on 19 points, (behind QOTS on 27 points and 3 points ahead of 3rd place Forfar - all teams played 10 games).

This is their first game in this season's Scottish Cup

League Division 2 Results:

(played 10: won 6, drawn 1, lost 3)

27 Oct - Alloa Athletic 5 - 1 Albion Rovers

20 Oct - Alloa Athletic 1 - 0 Ayr United

6 Oct - Forfar Athletic 2 - 3 Alloa Athletic

29 Sep - Queen of the South 1 - 0 Alloa Athletic

22 Sep - Alloa Athletic 3 - 0 Stranraer

15 Sep - Alloa Athletic 0 - 2 Stenhousemuir

01 Sep - Brechin City 1 - 3 Alloa Athletic

25 Aug - Alloa Athletic 2 - 3 Arbroath

18 Aug - Albion Rovers 0 - 3 Alloa Athletic

11 Aug - Alloa Athletic 1 - 1 East Fife

League Cup 1st Round exit :

4 Aug Queen of the South 5 - 2 Alloa Athletic

Ramsdens Cup 1st Round exit:

28 July Cowdenbeath 1 - 1 Alloa Athletic - Cowdenbeath win 3-1 on penalties

So if stats are anything to go by we'd better be solid at the back today. The only game they've failed to score was a 1-0 loss to the team bossing the league. An eary goal would be ideal.

We will have to up our game and show a lot more desire if we are to get the result today mate

just read on Facebook that only 11,000 tickets have been sold. any truth in this?

Think that could be easily true. I don't think today is capturing the imagination exactly.

Edit: Just seen Rab Boyle on twitter saying 22-23k. Sorry for doubting our fans. :D