Charles Green's New Statement?

bluechip

charlie will play his hand as he sees it and i think he is holding back for the time being allowing the likes of david murray etc to do what they have to do at the moment. we as the suppoerters of our club still have our part to play aswell and that is to get the 100,000 signatures for the enquiry and of course follow folowing the team.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be difficult for HMRC to mount an appeal given the following.

"A decision of the First-tier Tribunal can be appealed on questions of law to the Upper Tribunal. Permission is required for such an appeal which must be made within 56 days of the decision."

As the two legal experts were the ones that decided in favour of Rangers it would be difficult to find a legal basis for appeal. Dr Poon is an accountant rather than a legal expert.

Dr Poon sounds like a pair of orthopaedic shoes. :matron:

The FTTT has nothing to do with GC - and he has already told the SPL 'enquiry' to get stuffed.

I dont know what you expect him to do

Exactly. The FTTT relates to the Oldco. Charles Green and the Newco have never had any dealings with HMRC so why would we be owed anything?

the time being allowing the likes of david murray etc to do what they have to do at the moment.

How do we know SDM is doing anything. He made a very short statement after the FTTT result and that was it. He might be looking in to doing something but nothing may come of it.

The FTTT has nothing to do with GC - and he has already told the SPL 'enquiry' to get stuffed.

I dont know what you expect him to do that he has not done.

Murray is the one who should be pursuing anyone (or BDO) but this is only ammunition for CG and the club as it stands - this may be unpalatable to some but thats the way it is.

Read the post properly. I said that HMRC will take care of itself. I also praised him for doing a sterling job what more do you expect me to say?

Murray is the one who should be pursuing anyone (or BDO) but this is only ammunition for CG and the club as it stands - this may be unpalatable to some but thats the way it is.

Read the post. I said the FTTT and HMRC would take care of themselves. I also said he is doing a sterling job. So what's your point?

How do we know SDM is doing anything. He made a very short statement after the FTTT result and that was it. He might be looking in to doing something but nothing may come of it.

Given Murray's modus operandi, that is a distinct possibility.

Murray will only act if there's a financial gain for himself...he doesn't give a fuck about the club, the support or the reputation of either of those two.

Murray let all of these bastards bad-mouth us for two decades and did the square root of fuck-all.

I'm not holding my breath for anything good coming from Murray.

Fucking not one thing.

The bastard.

Charles Green shouldnt say a word in my opinion. He is rightly keeping the stance that the club has new owners and any ills of the previous owners shouldnt affect him. If he comes out and demands enquiries or chasing others for things they said about previous owners, then he runs the risk of people pointing fingers of hypocrisy.

For me, he is playing a cool game until the SPL enquiry is either chucked out or decided.

Once all appeals and enquiries AGAINST us are finished or exhausted then thats the time to fire the guns.

In the meantime, any action has to come from Murray and the previous Board in my humble opinion. (tu)

This 100%

Oops, double post earlier.

Firstly, I think Charles Green is doing a fantastic job and I back him 100%. What I was trying to say was that maybe a statement saying that if anyone who has been found guilty of slandering Rangers would be persued. No names have to be mentioned. That would maybe stop the continuing attacks we have at the moment on our club.

The statement right after the FTTT judgement was rather short and didn't offer any insight as to what might happen in the near future.

To be honest don't think it would be right for CG to comment on what is technically nothing to do with him, however the other side, is as CEO of the brand, then the decision vindicates our position and should go to help restoring our reputation that has been damaged by these bheastly fantasists.

Just believe at present it would be difficult for CG to make ant meaningful comment, believe the club stance is no matter how much an employee would like to endorse/back various proposals ie the petition, they can't.

Ironically, just this morning I've just been reading an old paper cutting on CG by Tom English in which he was berating him for saying all things to all bears, just to get their cash apparently.

Well he's done that now and there's no need for him to go on about this anymore. What he does need to do however is point out the inaccuracies and lies that have been told about our club and the effect these lie may have on our past titles.

I'm sure he's just realised how bably Rangers FC have been treated and is now planning his comments more. He has many incidents to take into account and when he does speak, I'm sure he'll do it with the authority of right, as opposed to rightousness and maybe,just maybe the media will agree that what he says is indeed right.

I don't agree it has nothing to do with CG. His company now own the brand that is Rangers FC and as such it is his company that suffers from both slanderous and libellous comments.

Hound them.

I agree to a certain extent about the oldco but it's the clubs reputation which has also took a beating and all those media outlets who kept (on purpose) wrongly confusing company with club should be hounded. In business, reputation is massive and for months our club have been slaughtered so yes I do expect CG to come out with a statement which I'm no doubt when it comes, he won't hold back.

but this is where the whole oldco newco thing becomes messy when tied in with 'Rangers' for legal purposes they are two separate legal entities and difficult for CG to pursue anything on behalf of newco if it is a legal issue for oldco. where it does have relevance is the spl investigation trying to put current penalties on us now based on oldco - which is why I think spl are fked and why he has already told th to 'do one'

"Forget HMRC. The online petitions and the MP asking for an enquiry will take care of them for now."

NO!

HMRC have to be our main target. We can't sleepwalk into another appeal and have this hanging over us for another 2 years.

what's the betting if HMRC appeal, the SPL tribunal will wait until the outcome of that appeal is known

They have all had long enough to think about the aftermath of our BTC win, to get their statements ready and set up the Lawyers with the writs.

So what's the hold up, are they letting the Vhermin hordes sweat for a while yet?

Imo if Murray issues just one writ, then he knows the HMRC are not going to appeal the BTC verdict. So come on SDM put every coont out of our misery.

there is no old club or new club just rangers, and right now officially we are silent.

Rangers cannot only make offical comments when there are potential financial gains or when our new share holders are abused verbally in the media.

As we the fans have told gers we have suffered greatly from abuse not only when supporting the club but at work, in the street, online, and in the media be it switching on the telly, reading a newspaper or just going about our lives. Gers fans should be able to read a newspaper without fear of being personally insulted for simply supporting our club. When our fans are wrongly insulted the least we should expect is public backing from the club.

we should not be charged extra by other clubs just because we follow rangers.

we should not have our safety put at risk for others to gain financially without the club defending us to the hilt.

we should not lose out financially as fans because someone tried to fleece us and endanger our safety, the club should seek to have fans reimbursed for losses incurred in this case not just refunds for tickets. To just accept an apology we didnt even get to hear is simply not enough. There is no reason to keep us in the dark. I have not even heard a promise to insure this will not happen again or has before.

I thought it was just me thinking that

I share the view of those posters who have suggested that Green is correctly maintaining his distance from the issue.

The silence may seem strange, but if Mr. Green, as well as speaking strongly and very effectively for us when necessary, can also remain silent when wise to do so, then he may be sharper than the straight talking Yorkshireman he is characterised as.

He has already said the SPL commission has nothing to do with him or the club, and whilst FTT verdict may be a point to score, it's a point that may be subject to appeal and one step away from the SPL commission given it's largely overlapping subject matter. The result was good for us and does remove a major plank of their argument, but it is not related to us anymore according to Charles' stance.

Furthermore, as others have also stated, journalists feel it's now OK to put the club's case forward or at least be more balanced than of late. I have read about four articles and a few radio shows which have been more balanced. Daryl King, James Traynor and Richard Wilson have been very good lately and even Murdo McLeod and Craig Burley have spoken in our defence. Tom English even attacked the RTC blog, if being overly kind in parts, whilst Spiers has self-imploded in a fog of his own ego, contradictions and self-importance. Really bad timing for the Herald on that one.

Let us not forget people like Chris Graham and others who are doing and have done a great job.

I suspect holding his silence will give Mr Green's words greater emphasis if and when necessary in the future.

Tom English even attacked the RTC blog, if being overly kind in parts, whilst Spiers has self-imploded in a fog of his own ego, contradictions and self-importance. Really bad timing for the Herald on that one.

Spiers has self-imploded in the spray off his own sperm splash, more like.

Spiers is and always has been a self-promoting wanker. :wanker: