How many of our current youngsters will play in the top team

nvager

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McLeod, McKay, Hutton and aird I think could play in the SPL right now with experience around them....a lot of it will depend on the experience all the youngsters get over the next year or two and how they progress and develop....more home grown players the better IMO.

McLeod, McKay, Hutton and aird I think could play in the SPL right now with experience around them....a lot of it will depend on the experience all the youngsters get over the next year or two and how they progress and develop....more home grown players the better IMO.

How did the sixteen year old do when he came on yesterday?

How did the sixteen year old do when he came on yesterday?

He looked positive when he got the ball and didn't seem overawed by it...didn't really have the chance/time to get in the game but hopefully he will get his chance over the remainder of the season.

Don't see why the likes of McKay, McLeod, Hutton, Aird and Hegarty wouldn't be able to make it in the top tier in Scotland.

Let's face it, they are playing SFL teams week in, week out who have proved that they are capable of competing with SPL teams in the cups, so the standard of opposition these lads are facing isn't as bad as some people make out.

Hutton and Perry already have experience in the SPL so that wouldn't be a problem, while McKay and McLeod seem to be improving as the weeks go on, as well as gaining confidence.

No doubt we will bring in new faces but I don't see any reason why the youngsters who are playing now won't still be in the side, they definitely have the ability.

They are just boys now so it's hard to tell. We have seen breakthroughs before that came to nothing. In 3 years they will have had a very varied apprenticeship in the lower leagues so should be doing fine in whatever the top league is. Can you imagine wee Barrie when he is a bit stronger, much wiser and can pass a ball accurately most of the time. I look forward to seeing our youth growing up & doing the business. Hopefully they will see what happens to youngsters who get lured down south & stay with the Gers.

MacLeod looks the pick of the bunch to me. He's been one of our best players this season and only 17!

Definitely agree McLeod looks the part and with Hutton sitting yesterday it was great to see him making late runs into attacking areas....needs to work on the finishing mind you..think sebo could have scored that first chance!

Mckay, Mcleod, Hutton and Hegarty will all be regulars for us if they stay with us.

I agree. Perry, Cole and Naismith too I reckon.

Aird isnt as good as people are making him out to be.

Your opinion. Surely, with the right coaching he will continue to improve? I think he can make it with us.

It was great to see so many boys from our youth on the pitch yesterday, it's a step in the right direction. So far this season they have been impressive and an integral part of us being top of the league at the moment.

It has not always been an easy ride, we knew it wouldn't be but the young boys are developing and will continue to do so. Hopefully by the time we are in the top tier we have a core made up of graduates from our own development, im confident we will when the time comes.

I think if MacLeod, McKay, Aird, Hutton, Hegarty, Perry, Cole keep progressing they will form the backbone of the squad for as long as they wanted to stay at Rangers. Could be half the Scotland team 2016 right there unless the current anti-Rangers management tecniques continue in the sfa. Edit, Naismith too.

Aird is the youngest player to get a proper chance remember (I don't count Walsh as he only got a few minutes) and he done very well in a few games but also had a few poor games so give him a break FFS he is only 17 remember the likes of Ness/McCabe/Hutton/Wylde/Perry/Little didn't play for us until they were two or three years older than Aird currently is and had that extra time to develop or look at Kal Naismith it's only this season he has really kicked on if he had been given a chance three years ago as a 17 year old he would have been nowhere near as good as Aird.

Was Fleck not a sensation at 16 and look what happened to him.

There also was the young CH Danny Wilson who will be 21 in December, who went to Liverpool and is now out on loan from L'pool at Bristol City. You never hear his name nowadays. He was a Scotland player not too long ago.

Not many seem to do well after Ibrox.

I still believe we will buy/import new players, but the best youngsters at that time will be playing for us or sold for a profit.

we should be aiming to have our starting 11 with at least 5 youth players in it and the majority of squad players as Auchenhowie graduates. If Barcelona can produce 7/8 players good enough to win in La Liga and the Champions League then we should be able to to the same for the SPL anything less and it's not acceptable. Attitudes like El Carpintero's is exactly what's holding us back.

Youth is the only way forward and people need to start realsing it.