Sticking to my guns- My self imposed ban

OlegKuznetsov

Since we were treated so badly by everyone else in the Scottish game, I refuse to watch any match not involving Rangers.

The nearest I have come to it is one night in a bar when Scotland were getting beaten. I didn't know it was and I did cheer a goal on replay, against the SFA team.

For me, there is no international or European football, albeit in the latter case, until we're back there.

I did enjoy seeing Milan's goals on the telly in the news report, but I will not be a viewer or a spectator for any match not involving Rangers.

I intend to stick to this for the full duration of our recovery and perhaps beyond.

Has anybody else adopted this very absolutist stand?

Furthermore, if anybody catches me out yeilding in my stance, please give me that kick in the arse which I will so richly deserve!

For me, it's absolutely only about the Rangers now. Nothing else is acceptable for my eyes. To be honest, it's actually quite easy for me, since I've found matches not involving Rangers to be generally unexciting, unless Messi and Ronaldo are putting on masterclasses. I've hardly watched the EPL or big CL matches over recent years but was always keen to see certain others trip up.

Ultimately, only SPL and Scotland matches merit the boycott, but I simply can't bring myself to take an interest in other football.

(I am not judging anyone here. I'm just keen to see if there's anyone else taking the adamant stand.)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly not Oleg, I love football too much.

I admire the stance, but watching EPL, La Liga and CL games is something I have been doing for many years. The way I look at it is that CW and the whole saga took a lot away from me including my love for football but I'm not allowing him and that period stop me from doing something I loved for so long.

I make a point not to watch Scotland or any domestic Scottish football other than our games though.

Since we were treated so badly by everyone else in the Scottish game, I refuse to watch any match not involving Rangers.

The nearest I have come to it is one night in a bar when Scotland were getting beaten. I didn't know it was and I did cheer a goal on replay, against the SFA team.

For me, there is no international or European football, albeit in the latter case, until we're back there.

I did enjoy seeing Milan's goals on the telly, but I will not be a viewer or a spectator for any match not involving Rangers.

I intend to stick to this for the full duration of our recovery and perhaps beyond.

Furthermore, if anybody catches me out yeilding in my stance, please give me that kick in the arse which I will so richly deserve!

For me, it's absolutely only about the Rangers now. Nothing else is acceptable.

No

I did enjoy seeing Milan's goals on the telly, but I will not be a viewer or a spectator for any match not involving Rangers.

Furthest I've went is not watching SPL football mate...still watch the EPL, la liga, European games and internationals albeit like the other week not necessarily Scotland (watched the England/brazil game).

Have no interest in Celtic or any other game in this country that doesn't involve us. But out with that still very much a football fan.

Got to agree with The Godfather I love the other leagues especially the EPL & LA Liga and when these leagues have no relevance to our clubs situation I don't see why it is necessary or appropriate to ignore them.

I no longer wish the national team success mind albeit I don't hope they fail just indifferent. Also before hand Scottish Clubs in Europe I'd want to see do well not any more I hope they all continue going out in the first round.

Not watched a match between two other Scottish teams but I never did before we went down the leagues. The games are as boring as anything. I've noted the scores but more in passing as opposed to looking out for them (tu)

Can't claim to be as absolute as yourself. I have cast my eye across one or two EPL games, and a few of the CL/Europa games this season but without particularly enjoying them.

I have refused to watch even 1 minute of any spl games. Not interested in watching their fixed league at all.

The only games that carry any feeling or importance to me are Rangers games. As it should be.

Congrats on your football fasting.

This season I have only watched one other game bar us and that was the other night when the scum got thumped.

After all we have been through,and still going through, I have found that I have absolute focus on us. No other football has interested me this season.

I would rather be on this site reading Bears opinions on our team etc than watch any other games.

apart from our games i record MOTD that has been it. i was going to watch the Spurs game last night, that would have been my first other TV game since the summer but signed up for Rangers TV instead and i was saved at the last minute.

i really can't be arsed with other games just now.

Yeah I'm the same oleg, used to go to about a dozen juinor matches and another 6 or so senior games not involving Rangers a season but no more. I only pay for Rangers and Arsenal games now.

Not watched another Scottish game either live or highlights in over a year now, no interest

I love football too much to not watch it. Thats probably why I dont watch the SPL.

The reason I dont watch the SPL isnt because I dont want to give them viewing figures, its because I've found I genuinely have no interest in it. I have as much interest in the SPL this season as I did in SFL3 last season.

No Rangers are immensely important to me, but so is football (and golf and darts :lol:) especially the latter stages of the CL and La Liga.

Haven't and won't watch an SPL game, although that's as far as I will take it. I also watch Scotland games because I refuse to let the arseholes at the SFA take that away from me, regardless of what others think.

In my mind depriving yourself of CL, La Liga or EPL games is cutting your nose off to spite your face. But I still sort of admire you for it :lol:

I sort of agree with you mate, I havent watched an spl game for donkeys, I do watch a lot of southampton, but have lived in the city for 3 years and some of my mates here got season tickets so I can get a ticket whenever I need it. I do watch the big matches in the epl on sky and barcelona obviously. Got a few mates who are sellic fans and they get really pissed off I refuse point blank too watch the scum.

On the night the bastards qualified for the last 16, got a text from mate in Glasgow saying what a great result it was. I text him back saying yes it was, elgin drew 1-1 with peterhead and we were 5 points clear at top of the league....not heard from him since.....nae sense of humour these pricks

Before all this shit, did anyone watch Celtic games?

I wouldn't open the blinds to watch them, always been the same. Interested in their results when we were in the SPL of course but wouldn't watch them.

I'd switch over if I heard they were a goal down if I'm being honest back when we were jostling with them.

Havent watched an SPL game or team this season. That will continue until we get back to the top. As for the other leagues and CL games (except them) - of course I will watch.

Just as an aside. Walking to one of the recent games, my pal's son made an interesting remark. "Used to be, got up Saturday or Sunday morning and thought I might just watch an SPL game. Now wouldn't even consider it" - that statement was made without a "boycott" in his mind