Charles Green: I’ll walk away if Rangers fans' songs don’t change

Faircity

This is just called being a business man....I don't see what the problem is, what do you want him to say? Sing what you want?

I do not have any issue with any song sung by us or to be frank by them, it's a song at the end of the day and I have personally always seen it as banter that said if I was CEO of rangers I would publicly, at least, be saying we need to stop this kind of singing and appeasing the media on this issue as much as I could...

Like it or not alot of people don't see it as banter and take offense (how really offended people get is another question) but it is becoming a legal issue and he and the club have to be seen to take a strong stance against it....anyone who thinks differently does not see the bigger picture.

What an idiotic thing to say. I know people in the orange order and they don't deny being sectarian.

To think that "having the balls" to confront someone adds any weight to an argument or opinion is incredibly stupid. I take it you think the opinion of some thug ned is more valuable than a 60 year old professor?

My brother is in the Orange Order, my boss at work is high up in the Order and both will tell me you are talking nonsense. I will take their opinion over yours every day of the week.

It wasn't meant to "add weight", i was merely stating my opinion that you lack balls and were talking rubbish, which you are.

Charlie needs to clarify in an official club release acceptable versions of acceptable songs. This has been needed for years. Time to step up Charlie.

No one really will care if we drop fuck the pope and fenian bastards if we get to keep the tunes we all love with different lyrics.

Get it sorted Charlie.

Lots of big comments now. What would have happened if CG or his investors decided last year they didn't want involved for this reason?

Their desire to make money outweighed any morale high ground with regards alleged naughty singing.

Anyone that can find an argument against that is not a Rangers fan. I'm sorry but singing these songs does not make you a Rangers fan, I have seen so many times wee neds biling out fenian this and fenian that on subways and pubs and they couldn't give one fuck about Rangers. They are just knuckledraggers looking for something to be apart of.. it is fun for them to join a big crowd with their mates and sing anti catholic songs. Well i couldn't care less if i never see them again in ibrox, im there to support the founding fathers legacy not the fucking orange lodge. I hope we sign Jon Daly i also hope the fucking new popes son plays football and we sign him too. maybe then parts of Scotland and Northern Ireland will join the 21st century.

My brother is in the Orange Order, my boss at work is high up in the Order and both will tell me you are talking nonsense. I will take their opinion over yours every day of the week.

It wasn't meant to "add weight", i was merely stating my opinion that you lack balls and were talking rubbish, which you are.

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/orange-order

Would a catholic be welcome to join the orange order? Obviously not, so it is sectarian.

Your opinion is based on nothing but the assumption that anyone who disagrees with you on the internet wouldn't say their opinion to anyone's face for some reason. I'd say to your face any day that you're idiotic for thinking that anyone who would avoid doing so is somehow less entitled to do so behind the safety of the internet.

Lots of big comments now. What would have happened if CG or his investors decided last year they didn't want involved for this reason?

it's like folk think the grass is greener already when the reality is what's yhe alternative lol

Fan power, never ever work

Blue knights, holy shit

Been to many Orange Lodge meetings cunto?

Never have and never would. Nothing against those who do but I personally find it bizarre.

Have you? Did you see any non-protestants there?

in your poor opinion

Go look up "orange order" and "sectarian" in the dictionary then your opinion can be as poor as mine...

This is just called being a business man....I don't see what the problem is, what do you want him to say? Sing what you want?

I do not have any issue with any song sung by us or to be frank by them, it's a song at the end of the day and I have personally always seen it as banter that said if I was CEO of rangers I would publicly, at least, be saying we need to stop this kind of singing and appeasing the media on this issue as much as I could...

Like it or not alot of people don't see it as banter and take offense (how really offended people get is another question) but it is becoming a legal issue and he and the club have to be seen to take a strong stance against it....anyone who thinks differently does not see the bigger picture.

100% this. The bigger picture is what it's all about. It is a song yes but if it damages Rangers it is not worth it.

http://www.collinsdi...sh/orange-order

Would a catholic be welcome to join the orange order? Obviously not, so it is sectarian.

Your opinion is based on nothing but the assumption that anyone who disagrees with you on the internet wouldn't say their opinion to anyone's face for some reason. I'd say to your face any day that you're idiotic for thinking that anyone who would avoid doing so is somehow less entitled to do so behind the safety of the internet.

What a silly and naive statement to make.

The rest of your reply is just Cantona-esque nonsense.

It's serious to some but the resident low life from ot have it in thr minds they can pollute the bears den like a pack of taigs.

Which is Casey and which Is devlin

I thought Casey was Devlin??? :matron:

Charles Green is basically saying the same as Murray said when TBB was banned.

I suggest that any owner/custodian of the club from now on will be under the same pressure and scrutiny. The pressure will be heaped on us by our tarrier friends in the media.

The scrutiny will come from the SFA and UEFA and there will be no shortage of 'wee clipes' running to these organizations with their memory sticks and DVDs to 'grass up' the big bad Rangers fans.

Best we can do is keep singing songs which are not banned but belt them out louder than ever.

Was never a huge fan of Simply the Best BUT it used to get Ibrox rocking. Even that song was ruined by imbeciles adding 'f** the pope and the IRA'.

Guys we've had any number of great players since the 1900's who would find F*** the pope offensive. Perhaps 113 years on on its time to let it be.

Or again perhaps Charles is just using this as part of his exit strategy - who knows. However any future owner will face exactly the same problem It ain't going away.

Charlie needs to clarify in an official club release acceptable versions of acceptable songs. This has been needed for years. Time to step up Charlie.

No one really will care if we drop fuck the pope and fenian bastards if we get to keep the tunes we all love with different lyrics.

Get it sorted Charlie.

This is needed it would stop alot of infighting and would deal with the issue we have in a positive way.

What songs does he want banned?

Fucking arsehole wanting people banned who don't grass their fellow fans up for singing 'bad' songs.

If true and he enforces this then I won't be back until he is long gone.

One instance all season and as per usual the reaction has been hysterical and way over the top. Scum cunts singing their IRA bile every fucking week and nothing said or done.

Hibs fans singing 'go home ya h***' to Kilmarnock fans and its not even mentioned anywhere in the media.

As usual there is one target and its us. Well done Charlie. How to alienate huge sections of your cash cow with one stupid statement.

I usually like your posts mate, but c'mon to fuck. You will stop going to see Rangers if CG stops everyone singing sectarian songs?

Seriously????

This (tu)