Dunfermline Potential Administration Thread

Originally from Glasgow but living and working in Fife for the last 12 years. Have a few friends who are die hard Dunfermline supporters, also can’t help but feel sympathy for the many ordinary working people who could lose their jobs, not to mention the DFC supporters losing their team.

Yorkston, Masterton et al are not Dunfermline FC, just like Murray and Whyte were not Rangers FC, and for that reason I truly hope they don’t disappear. I just don’t get the blood lust we have for every other club in Scottish football, we all know who the architects of our expulsion were and it sure as hell wasn’t Dunfermline FC

Was it not left to the fans of these clubs to decide our fate.They enjoyed kicking us when we were vulnarable.To hell with them.No sympothy from me, :hanged:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

England wouldn't have Celtic. How do you think English football fans would react to claims that the British flag was sectarian? Or pro-IRA chanting. There would be uproar and they'd be kicked out.

The irony of it is that both Dunfermline and Hearts were amongst the first to trash us. Of course in Dunfermline's case despite their comments on sporting integrity it was purely financial as they thought they may get to stay in the SPL.

I have sympathy for people like Jim Leishman, but the club and its fans were not supportive at all, so I will struggle to care, apart from my righteous indignation that they are receiving financial support from the authorities to compensate for their poor financial management.

If we offered them a friendly, it would be good PR for us, but I wouldn't be there at any price.

I can't vouch for its authenticity but there's a doc going around apparently from a PI into their finances, hired by the fans. I it's to be believed then Masterton has been up to no good. I stress IF because I haven't followed the story too closely

I read that same doc. It seems far too detailed to be bull shit.

If it's true, Dunfermline have been seriously robbed of a lot of money.

Leishman's a dick. Talks in riddles (poetry) and if he'd been born in another century he'd have been locked up with the other loony-fuckin-tunes.

That said I hope Dunfemline survive.

I'd rather see the Watery Farts or the Dundee Camel Jockeys go under first.

Originally from Glasgow but living and working in Fife for the last 12 years. Have a few friends who are die hard Dunfermline supporters, also can’t help but feel sympathy for the many ordinary working people who could lose their jobs, not to mention the DFC supporters losing their team.

Yorkston, Masterton et al are not Dunfermline FC, just like Murray and Whyte were not Rangers FC, and for that reason I truly hope they don’t disappear. I just don’t get the blood lust we have for every other club in Scottish football, we all know who the architects of our expulsion were and it sure as hell wasn’t Dunfermline FC

I also live in the Dunfermline area having moved here 10 years ago. My experience is different and most Dunfermline fans I know took great delight in our plight and were adamant we should be removed from the SPL then had no right to get into the SFL before Gala Fairydean etc.

No sympathy from me and if the rumours of a game at East End prove to be true even though I live nearby I will not be there.

What I will say is they were shafted by the SPL who ditched them for Dundee solely to have a Dundee derby completely against Sporting Integrity.

Does this really have anything to do with what happened to us? They aren't even in the same division we would have been.

Unless i'm missing something?

Their chairman went on some rant about how the should have stayed up because of what happened with us...basically he knew his clubs time was up I'm thinking.

Their chairman went on some rant about how the should have stayed up because of what happened with us...basically he knew his clubs time was up I'm thinking.

That's more an argument between them and Dundee to be fair.

Anyway at least they don't have to worry about anyone stripping them of their titles...

Looks like they could go under very soon hmrc have issued a writ against the club they could go under in the next few days.

Worst bit for them is they are unlikely to even go newco as they don't own the ground or any assets.

If the spl/sfa had handled things correctly newco might have been the answer to most of Scottish football's problems right now, allowing creditors to at least get some money back while clubs could remain in the same league they were in and this would not cause too much disruption to the game in this country.

Sadly for Scottish football to many hate filled spl fans jumped on the "I pure hate Ranjurs" train and now we will start to see the domino's fall.

Banks will look at the debt levels of clubs in Scotland now and see what's going on and call in as much debt as they can as fast as they can , Hearts will be next and others will follow.

Raith Rovers face Dunfermline Athletic at Stark’s Park this coming Saturday in the final Fife derby of the season. The match is pay at the gate, and full details of admission prices and other match arrangements will be published later in the week.

Along with the rest of Scottish football the Raith Rovers board has been monitoring the very worrying developments at East End Park. Dunfermline Athletic are, and hopefully always will be, our fiercest sporting rivals…. but they are also our friends, and we would like to offer our friends a helping hand in their hour of need.

We have therefore agreed that, immediately after Saturday’s game, we shall donate part of the gate receipts to the Dunfermline Athletic Steering Group led by Jim Leishman. Stark’s Park’s away (McDermid) Stand can accommodate up to 3,250 fans and Raith Rovers will pay over to Jim’s group the admission money received from the Dunfermline support in excess of 2,000.

Of course we really don’t want our own support to be outnumbered… so this is a call to supporters of both clubs to get themselves, their friends and families along to the derby fixture which we sincerely hope will continue for many years to come.

Dunfermline Athletic owner Gavin Masterton has conceded he has no other option but to “substantially reduce” his stake in the crisis-stricken Fife club, it has emerged.

It has also been revealed that a member of the Masterton family has been attacked as hostility towards him has escalated over recent days.

A packed meeting of fans at Carnegie Hall heard from club legend Jim Leishman that negotiations between Masterton and a supporters group are progressing and that this was “amazing progress”.

Funny how turnball Hutton...so outspoken against us is willing to aid Dunfermline....are they not cheats? Are they not paying for players they can't afford? Are they not depriving school kids of books and the army of resources? Surely if they owe money to HMRC then they are just as bad as big bad rangers? Or do these morals and rules only count when it's a chance to attack us?