Jon Daly impressed with Ally

djbroxybear

As a CB I think it would be a decent move as he would certainly help organise and solidify our defence but as a striker I would agree that it is a step in the wrong direction!

I can see a bit of alternating between him and big Lee if he gets signed.

I'm not sure whether it's a "backward step" per se because it all depends on who else Ally signs along with Daly.If Ally signs young exciting prospects that can grow next season and get the team playing decent passing football then Daly could be a worthwhile signing in the bigger scheme of things.

If however he has signed Daly as a conduit for route 1 football between defence/attack, then I'd say it is indeed a backward step.

We can't afford to continue playing the same shite as this season,but we also won't change it to an "Ajax-esque" style of play in a single season either.We need a mixture of evolution and revolution at our club,so let's hope while Ally has our short term goal in mind, Charles Green and the board have our long time philosophy at the head of their agenda. :pipe:

I can see a bit of alternating between him and big Lee if he gets signed.

I'm not sure whether it's a "backward step" per se because it all depends on who else Ally signs along with Daly.If Ally signs young exciting prospects that can grow next season and get the team playing decent passing football then Daly could be a worthwhile signing in the bigger scheme of things.

If however he has signed Daly as a conduit for route 1 football between defence/attack, then I'd say it is indeed a backward step.

We can't afford to continue playing the same shite as this season,but we also won't change it to an "Ajax-esque" style of play in a single season either.We need a mixture of evolution and revolution at our club,so let's hope while Ally has our short term goal in mind, Charles Green and the board have our long time philosophy at the head of their agenda. :pipe:

good post - love the evolution revolution line

What about David Goodwillie ?

He is having a terrible time down at Blackburn. Wouldn't be surprised if he was released at the end of the season.

I would take a gamble on him at 5k a week for a season or 2.

A player i was glad we missed out on especially given the fee and wages that were being banded about for him.

He is having a terrible time down at Blackburn. Wouldn't be surprised if he was released at the end of the season.

rapists arent welcome either mate

What is he on wage wise as Blackburn?? I read somewhere it was 15k, dunno if that is accurate right enough.