Favourite 'Late' Rangers Goal

Fiogh

F365 put up an article with their top 10 favourite late goals, got me thinking about some of the goals scored by us in the dying embers of games that have been the most enjoyable.

Off the top of my head:

Lovenkrands late winner in the 2003 SC Final is probably my favourite; The occassion, the opposition and the way he scored it all came together beautifully.

Others that spring to mind are Edu's 93rd minute winner against Celtic and big Dado scoring late in the day against maratimo to force extra time.

What's yours?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only one i ever seen at Ibrox ( i need to go more lol)

Hemdanis equaliser im europe, he scored a few mins after i fell out with my mates because they wanted to leave early. Me and the wife hung around to see Hemdanis screamer from about 25 yards.

Rod Wallace vs the bheggers, 2 minutes to go. Parkheeds falling doon! :D

Lovenkrands Cup Final. Not much more to be said.

Stephen Hughes vs Easter Road. I think it was him.

Ricksen penalty at Tynecastle.

Scott Mcdonalds two goals for Motherwell.... :D

Edu vs the bheggers

However, my favourite has to be Naismiths last kick of the ball winner at Tynecastle a few years back, it was fucken madness when we scored.

Gough v the tarriers, last minute to make it 2-2 at ibrox (1988?) game woods etc sent off, Roberts in goal.

Never made the game as my da wouldn't take me but I'll always remember that roar when rangers scored from my back garden on copland road. Loudest ever

Edu v Sporting for me.

Couldn't watch the game, was with girlfriend, was getting text updates and we were going out. Then I get a phone call from a pal and all I could hear was an entire bar singing "Edu Edu Edu Edu..." - went daft celebrating in the Co-op, so chuffed.

Arteta penalty to win the league for me. Watched in the full safety of a Paisley pub with the tic vs Killie game on half the other TV's..

Pure quality day. Must've been the business to be at Ibrox that day but watching it in a pub half full of tics had to come a good second best.