Sir Alex Ferguson Retires

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thermopylae doesn't like this.

Not at all he has earned a good retirement ... so far a Jose goes I suspect after his stormy spell at Madrid the United board may be a little less enthusiastic than they would have been a few years ago although I think Alec will get to choose his successor

Not at all he has earned a good retirement ... so far a Jose goes I suspect after his stormy spell at Madrid the United board may be a little less enthusiastic than they would have been a few years ago although I think Alec will get to choose his successor

Why is it you call him Alec ? It screams 'stalker' to me.

Good time to bow out as a Champion.

He should be allowed a say in who should get the gig but leave the club for a while maybe before returning in an ambassadorial role.

At least Cathy won't need that new hairdryer she's been angling for.

'TWO F****** SUGARS YA DAFT C***'

I do think he would want to go out as a champion and at 71 you never know it may not happen again.

I kinda hope he does step down I watched Stein die live on television and I don't want to see that again

I really would hate to see Fergie go after watching him for decades :(

Why someone like David Moyes would ever be considered is crazy, in all honesty he has won really f*** all, he doesn't have what it takes to manage Utd. I really think you would need a big name like Mourinho or someone.

It would be an impossible act to follow, Fergie is Man Utd. :(

I think his worth will only be clear for all to see when he's gone ... he has been successful at a big club for much longer than anyone else in the post war era and unlike a lot of great managers is leaving behind a good young team that will only get better

I think his worth will only be clear for all to see when he's gone ... he has been successful at a big club for much longer than anyone else in the post war era and unlike a lot of great managers is leaving behind a good young team that will only get better

Massive news.

Man Utd are one of the few clubs who's one constant for a long time has been their manager so it's going to be interesting to see if they fall into the trap of having a high turnover of other managers like most other elite level clubs do these days.

As TWB said this job could easily become a poisoned chalice now. The appointment is going to be very important and I wonder if SAF is going to have any influence on who takes over?

Finally it happens. Only the "Special One" could fill his boots but that's the end of Man Utd's dominance, which is probably a good thing for the English game.

Still not sure whether its between him and Bob Paisley for greatesr ever manager. Paisley won less that SAF but achieved more in his shorter time.

Was gonna suggest last night that maybe the fact that Jose Mourinho was looking likely to go to Chelsea that it influenced the decision?

Realistically, if Mourinho goes to Chelsea he will be there for 3-5 years, and I doubt he would go directly from Chelsea to United so it could be 5+ years before Mourinho could be manager.

I don't think Davie Moyes is good enough, if I'm honest. His odds were slashed to something like 10/11 a few days ago with Paddy Power though, plus the fact he's been stalling on his contract all season. Moyes taking over with Ferguson behind the scenes isn't inconceivable.