BT Sport

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see how bt can afford that. Sky's bid was significantly lower!

I don't see it as the end of sky, but they do need to react somehow. Will itv still show one game a week?

No, BT has all the rights now, but it doesn't start until 2015. The can easily afford it, the amount of profit the got back on the release of Bt Sports, plus the'yre income on broadband/calls.

However, it is a huge RISK, because it's still a massive amount and they're expecting to see huge rises in sales now due to it.

I wonder if it'll still be free for BT Broadband customers? I presume that's what they're going for, take over the broadband market with free CL football. Pay a small premium for HD, it seems like a decent move to take over a bigger market share. Sky's response will be interesting, expect an aggressive Premiership bid.

I wonder if it'll still be free for BT Broadband customers? I presume that's what they're going for, take over the broadband market with free CL football. Pay a small premium for HD, it seems like a decent move to take over a bigger market share. Sky's response will be interesting, expect an aggressive Premiership bid.

You've hit the nail in the head, all this is aimed just to dominate the broadband market, it's a way into sky's broadband customers. Can't see how Sky can recover from this really, sure they have more games in terms of BPL, but it's more than likely BT will be taking more from them over time.

I wonder will sky try negotiate a deal with BT sports to get the channels free to air like they are on virgin... Unless they come back with earth shattering news I will be cancelling my skysports package at the end of this season in favour of the BT sports channels.

After the start of this seasons "super" Sunday matches I don't think BT will worry about a bid for exclusive rights to the EPL. La liga is fast becoming the best league in the world IMO and if I was sky I would do everything to make sure the rights stayed with them..

After the start of this seasons "super" Sunday matches I don't think BT will worry about a bid for exclusive rights to the EPL. La liga is fast becoming the best league in the world IMO and if I was sky I would do everything to make sure the rights stayed with them..

The quality of the games has never really affected the demand before.