Super Ally , Refuses to rule out move for Craig Gordon

Keeper on McCoist's Gers shortlist

ALLY McCOIST has refused to rule out a move for former Scotland keeper Craig Gordon as he continues on the road to recovery with Rangers.Craig Gordon is recovering from a long-term injury

Gordon has endured a nightmare few years through injury and has been training with Gers while working on his coaching badges with keeper coach Jim Stewart.

McCoist is on the lookout for another goalie to challenge Cammy Bell and is keen for the 30-year-old to get back to full fitness as soon as possible.

He said: "Craig has been doing some coaching stuff with Jim and also making use of our facilities.

"He hasn't been doing goalkeeping training though and it has just been general stuff to keep him in shape. Craig has been going through a course of injections for his long-term injury and he had the last of his jags in Barcelona last week.

"I have spoken to him and he's now looking to kick on again. That would be fantastic and I'd love to see him here doing that so that we can have a look at him.

"That's where we are. He's thankful for the training facilities and we're delighted to give him them. There's no pressure on him.

"Craig is more than welcome to train with Jim and our goalkeepers. He'll have a better idea of where he is once he's done that because it has been a long injury for him."

Despite youngster Scott Gallacher keeping a clean sheet in the win over Albion Rovers on Saturday, McCoist is still eager for the shot-stopper to leave the club on loan this summer.

Steve Simonsen and Lee Camp are two names under consideration to head into Ibrox ahead of the new SPFL League One campaign and McCoist said: "These are boys who have been put to us and myself, big Jim (Stewart), Kenny (McDowall) and Ian (Durrant) are discussing them.

"We've got a little bit of a dilemma there because Gall has come in and done exceptionally well while Cammy is there and ready to play as well.

"I'm still of the opinion – even though I'm very confident and more confident than I've ever been that Scott will do well – it's probably in his best interests to go out on loan for a season."

Craig Gordon will not be looking for or able to command a large wage so if he was able to get fit enough to earn a short term contract it could prove to be inspired....a fit craig Gordon is top class and could long term help in the coaching department!....lot of ifs and buts mind you....

Craig Gordon will not be looking for or able to command a large wage so if he was able to get fit enough to earn a short term contract it could prove to be inspired....a fit craig Gordon is top class and could long term help in the coaching department!....lot of ifs and buts mind you....

No denying Gordon when fit is top class.

Massive risk to take though.

He'll likely dislocate his elbow signing the contract. :)

Depends if the guy has made his money and signs on for a token fee.

Might just relish the chance of playing in front of 50,000 fans, knowing he is set for life. The alternative is go into coaching and never play again.

Would take him on a £6k per game, pay as you play deal, with him getting a basic salary in line with a junior GK coach.

to injury prone for me. as for the coaching think if that's what we are looking for we should have kept alexander who was a great example to others how he waited and played when called upon stayed when others ran and never attracted any headlines.

In my line of work I have seen people suffer from serious injuries and come good. Everyone deserves a chance, and I have faith in our staff to know of CG is worth the chance based on his recovery!

If he is rehabed and fully fit, then he would be a great signing.

Depends if the guy has made his money and signs on for a token fee.

Might just relish the chance of playing in front of 50,000 fans, knowing he is set for life. The alternative is go into coaching and never play again.

Would take him on a £6k per game, pay as you play deal, with him getting a basic salary in line with a junior GK coach.

6k a game is steep. Try 1k and 750 a week. Great deal snap it up

What's wrong with Gallacher ?

Someone on my wave length, since the Gordon rumour broke those where my exact thoughts.

I'd much rather have a GK you can rely on to be fit, than one your taking a chance with based on being injury-prone.

Gallacher wins the 2nd GK position for me hands down.

Always thought shagger was better than Gordon, but i suppose I might have been a bit biased.

Tbh I thought the opposite but would never admit it! Would always say shagger was better (until he collected his pieces of silver) in public, but I knew Gordon was better when fully fit. He got the nod over mcgregor in every Scotland squad when both were fully fit

I think he was a very good keeper, but I don't see that we would need him and Bell, and with Bell being younger, he is the way to go.

With his injuries, Gordon couldn't be relied on as second choice, and his career needs games.

However, depending on the deal we get I would defer to the club's decision, it would hardly be a bad move, just not my preferred one.