McCoist plays down Forfar defeat

WilliamFyfe

I would beg Billy Davis to come and sort us out.

He's the man. We need to get him in now.

We wouldn't need to beg mate...if he was offered the job he would come..how good would it be to have a technically proficient manager who has a track record of getting the best out of players and working methodically to improve the quality of the team....

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We wouldn't need to beg mate...if he was offered the job he would come..how good would it be to have a technically proficient manager who has a track record of getting the best out of players and working methodically to improve the quality of the team....

Yes bud, I'm fully aware of Billy's desire to manage the Gers.

Would love him in charge right now. I believe he still lives in glasgow and commutes to Nottingham!

Clearly he knows its only a matter of time.

Barrie McKay IMO would excell under Davis.

What puzzles me is that for someone who has taken such great offence at Greens comments why is he doing his best to prove Green right.

For anyone who thinks this isn't the worst team ever can they name the last time we were losing to third division sides in cup competitions because that is now two years in a row we have done exactly that

RANGERS: Gallacher; Hegarty, McCulloch, Faure, Wallace; Black; Mitchell (Aird 46), Crawford, Macleod (McAusland 74),

Templeton (McKay 99); Little.

We've had a chance now to step back and take a breath. I'm not going to make a plea for Ally here, he can do that for himself.

I have just watched the highlights from the club's site. Have a look at the team that took to the field yesterday, it was not as experienced as the team that fed us so much dross last year. All we had to go on yesterday was the twitter feed, so I expected to see the same punt and run football that was ever present last season. I don't think that was the case to be fair. I saw a lot of football being played on the ground. This team made plenty of chances which had they been taken we would have won easily. I thought the men who mostly let us down were the more experienced players. Little ( poor finishing ), Black ( completely unnoticeable ) and McCulloch ( responsible for both goals ). Little in what I thought was supposed to be his best position, centre forward, missed chance after chance both on the ground and in the air. Black, what can you say about this complete non-tryer? McCulloch was the biggest culprit. On the first goal he let the ball soar right over his head then tries to blame the goalkeeper. That was never in a month of Sundays a goalkeeper's ball. On the second goal he was covering Swankie and left his man to go to the ball carrier, whom he was never going to reach, and left Faure stuck between two defenders.

As far as coaching and tactics go, I don't know if we can say they were too far off either. We opened with a 4-1-4-1 set up which did create chances against the wind. In the second half he did attempt to freshen up the 'engine room'. Notice that each substitute was a lot younger than the man he is replacing. I understand that in the last quarter he moved McCulloch up to a forward position to assist Little. This may have cut down on the runs from the back from Wallace, but what good were they doing if the forwards couldn't take the chances. The best chance taken was from Crawford and the keeper saved well.

So, really what can a coach do about that lot? He sends a team out to make and take chances. If the team makes the chances and don't take them what is the coach supposed to do?

Maybe we just have to accept the fact that this team just wasn't good enough to overcome adversity.

This is just an opinion.

The saddest thing about all of this is that the expectation of Rangers fans have reached an all time low,

Our manager is happy to compete against teams like Elgin and Peterhead and has introduced us to the worse and most humiliating results in our history.

What will it take for Ally's most fervent fans to realise that he does not have it to be a football manager?

Who do we have to lose to for them to finally realise? How low do we have to sink?

Is his comments above preparation for more embarrassing results yet to come ?

Spot on.

We may be in the lower reaches of Scottish football but that doesn't mean the expectations need to be low too.

Every interview is becoming embarrassing, The sooner he's out the door the better.

ally will get by until we reach the spl because he will sign players who are probably 100% better than the rest of the teams we will be playing , then when we get there and he cant do that he will be properly found out .

his interviews have been really strange since the 2nd half of last season and i think he knows he isnt up to the job. he knew the situation with the signings and its up to him as a manager to prepare for that and he didn't . the sooner he goes the better because its just excuse after excuse

Doesn't exactly fill the fringe players with confidence does it!!

He is a having a laugh with this now.

He just slammed Green for doing it yet he does he exact same thing?

This joke has went on for far too long, we are the rangers and we the fans deserve better.

"It's obviously a big disappointment, we're not kidding ourselves on, but I would fully expect, come September, to be a lot stronger in all areas.

FFS Ally ,you better no have us waiting till September for better results

If you remember back to the end of last season he warned us off just that.He got his pishy excuses in before we even kicked a ball

He is a having a laugh with this now.

He just slammed Green for doing it yet he does he exact same thing?

This joke has went on for far too long, we are the rangers and we the fans deserve better.

The worst part to me is we seem to have accepted being a lower league club.

Now I know it was a friendly v Dundee but the Rangers website said Ally would see it as a good result given Dundee are one of the favourites for the Championship.

I'm sorry but our aim and ambitions should still be the same, as you said we are Rangers and mediocrity is not acceptable, neither is the acceptance of it!!

ally will get by until we reach the spl because he will sign players who are probably 100% better than the rest of the teams we will be playing , then when we get there and he cant do that he will be properly found out .

his interviews have been really strange since the 2nd half of last season and i think he knows he isnt up to the job. he knew the situation with the signings and its up to him as a manager to prepare for that and he didn't . the sooner he goes the better because its just excuse after excuse

Best post in a sea of ally posts!

He won't be sacked and he will take us back to the top but then that is when the reality of having a manager who's only philosophy is too sign SPL players on high wages to win Part Time leagues. Then the crows will come home to roost. I genuinely beleive he will spend out with our means just to keep him and his boys in a job something he has publicly stated before.

We will be back in the SPL skint getting humiliated even more.

This could be the precursor to the biggest hat-eating event in Rangers history.

It might need to grow a little more to match the existing record - when Super started his playing career with us - and was regularly regaled with the seminal 'Ally, Ally get tae fuck' chant.

Hats eaten aplenty at that time as I recall.