The Union Bears = Embarrassment

GOAT

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps we may disagree with what the UB and BO were singing/chanting on Saturday but they are entitled to their opinion.

I do feel that they should be more involved in backing the team tho than attempting to influence what goes on in the boardroom .

Personally I think that the other 42,000 fans sitting on their hands throughout the game and politely clapping occasionally is more of an embarrassment than a couple of thousand at best chanting a few anti Green sentiments.

Ibrox should be bouncing every week and if it wasn't for BF1 it would be like a fucking morgue with the tut tut and shush mob in full attendance.

So any noise is better than no noise you mean?

So any noise is better than no noise you mean?

Aye but it's no as if it's every week is it? Or as if every chant is directed against the board or CG or whoever else isn't flavour of the week at the time.

Rather that post disapproval on here why not sing louder than them to drown them out? Or perhaps even a collective ssssshhhhhhhhhhh might do the job.

I didn't join in with the anti Green or anti Board sentiments because for me the jury is still out on the whole sorry mess. I don't necessarily agree with the UB stance on the matter if it is anti Board/Green etc but I took from their chants that they want greedy cnuts to stop messing with our club and I think we all want that.

Neither would I come on here and call fellow supporters wankers or have them compared to anyone who attends Torbett Towers.

Know whats embarrassing? The fact that every time theres thread on UBs people say "Ibrox would be a morgue without them". Utter shite, they are not the only ones who bring an atmosphere, and half the people that sit in the section arent members according to some. Ive give them their credit when its due, but this whole Ibrox would be dead without UB is a myth. Ibrox has been famous for its fans and its noise for years, since as long as I can remember.

Sorry, but Ibrox would be a morgue without these guys.

Both these groups work very hard on creating atmosphere at Ibrox through song and creative banners.

I wonder what all these guys that criticize do to help create an atmosphere?

Maybe all them complaining may inform me what they would do?

Both these groups work very hard on creating atmosphere at Ibrox through song and creative banners.

Not a question of atmosphere. People are justifying their continued snide actions with the line about "they bring atmosphere to the ground" ... two different issues.

Know whats embarrassing? The fact that every time theres thread on UBs people say "Ibrox would be a morgue without them". Utter shite, they are not the only ones who bring an atmosphere, and half the people that sit in the section arent members according to some. Ive give them their credit when its due, but this whole Ibrox would be dead without UB is a myth. Ibrox has been famous for its fans and its noise for years, since as long as I can remember.

Ibrox would be a morgue without BF1. Better?

So if the BF1 was empty where would the noise come from? An occasional polite round of applause? An odd Ooooh or an oddd Aaaaaah here and there?

Oh aye, hunners o' atmosphere.

Have you tried standing up and shouting lately at the game? Letting off a bit of steam while disagreeing with a referees decision or voicing your opinion on a particularly nasty challenge on one of our players?

Try it and revel in the contempt shown to you by those around you.

For the record I thought they were poor on Saturday. Almost as if their singing and chanting was half arsed and they weren't convinced by their own arguments. I just thought they were quieter than usual.

It was never before to be honest these groups are becoming more about themselves than the team.

Its the case of Kids thinking they are the first to discover everything.

Sing! Just the Loyalist and pro Rangers stuff though, none of the 'We don't care about Charles' (so stop singing about him doh) shite from Saturday. The first home league game of the season should have been about Sandy and the team, instead its been about this group and their streamer debacle and poor choice of song.

They always try to deflect criticism by saying they weren't 'real' UBs doing these things. If they wear UB merchandise and sit in BF1 then they are UBs to the majority, its a ridiculous response and a particularly childish way to abrogate responsibility.

You are aware that other sections try to get songs going? As they don't have the benefit of a megaphone to help get bit going its often drowned out by UBs so people stop after a while.

Sing! Just the Loyalist and pro Rangers stuff though, none of the 'We don't care about Charles' (so stop singing about him

They always try to deflect criticism by saying they weren't 'real' UBs doing these things. If they wear UB merchandise and sit in BF1 then they are UBs to the majority, its a ridiculous response and a particularly childish way to abrogate responsibility.

You are aware that other sections try to get songs going? As they don't have the benefit of a megaphone to help get bit going its often drowned out by UBs so people stop after a while.

I've heard at especially away games singing breaking out ... good songs at that and the UB's dunno if on purpose decide to drown them out like its some wee competition singing something else

I've heard at especially away games singing breaking out ... good songs at that and the UB's dunno if on purpose decide to drown them out like its some wee competition singing something else

Good point. The lads on the mega phone do that at Ibrox as well like someone is trying to nick their job. Still, when they're on form they do get the place rocking. Would be better if the whole stadium got involved more often.

Seems to be a myth being created here that it was only people in BF1 ( UB ) joining in with the anti greenco chants, I was in BF3 and there was plenty of people around me joining in , also anti green banners in other areas of the stadium. There was a lot more people than just the UB involved, anybody saying otherwise is talking shit and were probably not even at the match .

The people who did join in the chants pay their cash and have the right to voice their opinion and concerns with what's going on at the club.

This thread is a pile of shite (tu)

Seems to be a myth being created here that it was only people in BF1 ( UB ) joining in with the anti greenco chants, I was in BF3 and there was plenty of people around me joining in , also anti green banners in other areas of the stadium ... a lot more people than just the UB involved, anybody saying otherwise is talking shit and were probably not even at the match .

The people who did join in the chants pay their cash and have the right to voice their opinion and concerns with what's going on at the club.

This thread is a pile of shite (tu)

BF3 is an overspill of weans that want to be in BF1 and 2 mostly.

I only seen one other banners at Ibrox that mentioned Green in it so to say "anti-Green banners in other areas of the stadium" is a massive exaggeration

Stone Island is for chavs. Fucking morons wear Stone Island and the likes.

actually bought a s.i polo and a pair of trousers I'm getting made into shorts recently. First Time I've bought any of the stuff in 10 years or so as the neds took over it (mostly fake though).

I wear all sorts of clothes so certainly not a ned and my current favourite is Comme Des garcons

A changing clothes market indeed and you shouldn't label everyone a ned or chav.

Wait what are people actually arguing about?

If anyone is sticking up for the board that has just wasted £20m+, I really do not know what to say.

UB were spot on with there banners, Green and his money grabbers time is up.

No-one's sticking up for the board .... there's other ways of doing things without making the fans look like a fucking joke.

Green won't last, so there was no-need for the petulant, attention seeking shite.

You know what might be interesting, when we see the books and realise that most of this 20 million frittered away might just be all accounted for - and you can file all this hysteria and nonsense under

Not getting a footballing licence

Owing the tax man 140 million

Losing the big tax case

Getting our titles stripped

Green being in cahoots with Whyte

I don't agree with the bonuses though

Their chants, their banners, their shite just as embarrassing as the current pish going on behind the scenes.

I was starting to respect them a bit more these days, not anymore, a fucking embarrassment, a joke.

Wankers.

I like the union bears...but their Billy Boys flag was funny...Brave enough to make a flag not brave enough to sing the song!!!

Wait what are people actually arguing about?

If anyone is sticking up for the board that has just wasted £20m+, I really do not know what to say.

UB were spot on with there banners, Green and his money grabbers time is up.

mate,we all have rangers at heart and unless you are our accountant then you know fuck all. A bit like the rest of us. As I have said in about 10 other threads on this shite, let's wait till the accounts are released.

Our fans are turning into paranoid Tims more every day (both sides on the green/murray/mather/mccoll/king debates)

No-one's sticking up for the board .... there's other ways of doing things without making the fans look like a fucking joke.

Green won't last, so there was no-need for the petulant, attention seeking shite.

You know what might be interesting, when we see the books and realise that most of this 20 million frittered away might just be all accounted for - and you can file all this hysteria and nonsense under

Not getting a footballing licence

Owing the tax man 140 million

Losing the big tax case

Getting our titles stripped

Green being in cahoots with Whyte

I don't agree with the bonuses though

It's all about making your feelings heard though, I think the UB done that well, With stopping the game etc. Personally think the chants arent the best but they get the point across.

Im sure all the Rangers fan groups could of done more last year, Its about time one group took the lead to kick these over-paid liars out our club.

It very well could be all accounted for, But they fact the take millions out the club for the job they do is ridiculous.

mate,we all have rangers at heart and unless you are our accountant then you know fuck all. A bit like the rest of us. As I have said in about 10 other threads on this shite, let's wait till the accounts are released.

Our fans are turning into paranoid Tims more every day (both sides on the green/murray/mather/mccoll/king debates)

Its all hard to take in after last year, I think the UB done nothing wrong and they are just concerned that whats going on, Like the rest of us.

It's all about making your feelings heard though, I think the UB done that well, With stopping the game etc. Personally think the chants arent the best but they get the point across.

Im sure all the Rangers fan groups could of done more last year, Its about time one group took the lead to kick these over-paid liars out our club.

It very well could be all accounted for, But they fact the take millions out the club for the job they do is ridiculous.

Can't agree with most of that, especially stopping the game. Sorry,