Flares

Ace

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a serious note, I appreciate that every supporter brings something to the table and has the right to sing and express themselves at games, but I don't see the point in flares and toilet roll being chucked on the pitch. If it was a professionally orchestrated blue red and white flare display then aye okay, but it's always one wee daft flare and a loud noise and smoke, it just looks daft.

The bog rolls as well, it usually disrupts the game and just pisses people off, I'm all for a laugh but it isny funny. Leave all that pish to the goon brigade.

It's not bog roll they're throwing and we won't be fined for smoke bombs unless it's a European game. It's a pointless thing to moan about, especially after such a good performance. Who cares? Our fans let off smoke bombs at virtually every away game, why has it only become such an issue the past couple of weeks?

Choking feeling in your lungs and throat? Man Up ffs! Points deduction...WTF!! Scaremongering...The usual pish.

Not scaremongering. Read my initial post. Phosphorous pentoxide is a dessicant and irritant that can cause damage to the bronchial tract and lungs if inhaled, which can cause damage and aggravate pre-existing conditions. If that is to difficult for you to under stand, put simply, it can burn your throat and lungs so badly that if you can end up in hospital and if you have a asthma, bronchitis or any condition that can hamper your breathing, it can kill you. MEDICAL FACTS.

It's not bog roll they're throwing and we won't be fined for smoke bombs unless it's a European game. It's a pointless thing to moan about, especially after such a good performance. Who cares? Our fans let off smoke bombs at virtually every away game, why has it only become such an issue the past couple of weeks?

For now... Sooner or later the SFA will change their rules and you can bet we will be first to get into trouble for it.

Didn't the manky mob get fined for ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ letting aff smoke bombs a few weeks ago?? I wouldn't chance it, we're Rangers ffs any excuse and we will get shafted. I see what you're saying about the negativity. On a scale of things it isn't that big an issue but we seem to be doing a bit better, playing well, the board room drama seems to be cooling down. We don't want to give the papers and the media an excuse.

And I suppose it's a forum, we discuss all sorts of things on here, that's what it's all about. But I'm delighted with the result and the performance.

Not scaremongering. Read my initial post. Phosphorous pentoxide is a dessicant and irritant that can cause damage to the bronchial tract and lungs if inhaled, which can cause damage and aggravate pre-existing conditions. If that is to difficult for you to under stand, put simply, it can burn your throat and lungs so badly that if you can end up in hospital and if you have a asthma, bronchitis or any condition that can hamper your breathing, it can kill you. MEDICAL FACTS.

That's in flares and smoke grenades. The UB aren't chucking military grade smoke grenades about.

Didn't the manky mob get fined for ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ letting aff smoke bombs a few weeks ago?? I wouldn't chance it, we're Rangers ffs any excuse and we will get shafted. I see what you're saying about the negativity. On a scale of things it isn't that big an issue but we seem to be doing a bit better, playing well, the board room drama seems to be cooling down. We don't want to give the papers and the media an excuse.

And I suppose it's a forum, we discuss all sorts of things on here, that's what it's all about. But I'm delighted with the result and the performance.

Aye, it was against Cliftonville in Europe.

In the UK I don't think any team has ever been fined for letting off smoke bombs in a domestic match. It happens every week, if it was an issue nobody would be doing it.

I just wouldn't chance it mate, the big bad Rangers will end up being the first knowing our luck.

These have to stop right away, go back to the old confetti, bog rolls, streamers anything but the smoke bombs. My boy was covering his mouth scared and seen another kiddie cryin, but to mention an old pensioner sitting in crowd covering her mouth

Its not fun nor a spectacle ! my wee yin would LOVE to be handed confetti by you boys to throw up in air.... not Fireworks that they have been taught at school to be scared of!!

Oh it's not toilet roll, lets all be a pedant.

The underlying fact of the matter is that is just looks absolutely pathetic, whether that be the 'bog roll' or the flares. I'm not sure which looks worse as one lone flare in the stand looks absolutely ridiculous, if you're going to do it atleast do it correctly.

That's in flares and smoke grenades. The UB aren't chucking military grade smoke grenades about.

The concentration of phosphorous pentoxide required to cause damage is minuscule. 1 mg/m3 If you have digital scales, get 0.1 grams of flour and see how little it is. Imagine 1/100 of that quantity. That is 1mg. 0.001g. Disperse the 0.1g that into a cube of side 1metre and you will see it practically disappears. (Literally draw a square 1m by 1 m on the floor and sprinkle it out 1 metre up in the air within the square.) Imagine 1/100th of that in the cubic metre. ( I admit that flour P2O10 have different density, thus a different volume but I have to give you an example you can relate to.) That is a seriously small quantity. Somebody could take in one breath of this stuff and get serious internal burns which, in the wrong circumstance, could be lethal. That is my objection.

Swally you are 100% correct, EBT's were legal, but what a shit-storm that brought down on us. Therefore the powers that be wont hesitate to fuck us for something that can be an issue to the health of fans with underlying health issues.

If we give them amo they will fuck us every which way they can.

Pyro is great at the games it adds to the atmosphere 10 fold

Only thing I would do is have more smoke,flares,bangers ect going off at the same time as it looks better than just the odd one here and their

I really don't get people moaning tends to be old men who sit on their arse and don't sing during the match that don't like them, maybe if they wherent so boring and added to the atmosphere they might enjoy themselves and the pyro a bit better

No pyro no party

Personally I love it and don't understand why people get so upset about it. Adds big style to the the atmosphere in what otherwise would be dull as dishwater. It doesn't matter what we as rangers fans and them try to enhance our atmospheres in famed someone will always moan about it. If it wasn't for the ub et al and the same at the piggery the atmosphere would be shit as it was in the days even with mols Albertz at Ibrox against yer likes Partick killie et al. I watch what I consider the best football/ atmospheres in the world in the bundesliga every weekend and we are not even close at creating an atmosphere even their pish teams have more fun than us. We should all follow suit like Dortmund/hamburg and get the whole ground bouncing even forra a so called shite game ie: airdrie at ibrox. Ps I fucking hate predictive text and can't be bothered changing all mistakes but I suspect some of our do-gooding brethren will correct me. WATP

There is no doubting that flares and toilet paper and bangers lift an atmosphere, nobody can deny that when you hear a banger go off they aren't raised. Scottish football fans or British if you want is an actual embarrassment throughout the world. Ibrox is a fucking embarrassment at home games and would fit nicely in with the premiership snobs in England, no atmosphere whatsoever and is only good in big games. We will be getting comfy arm chairs in the copland soon enough and this was exaggerated more when there was a huge demand for fucking wi-fi in ibrox, fuck me your there to watch Rangers not sit on fucking smart phones!! We are nowhere near a decent atmosphere and i would take this all day long:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_lliBYGsh8

There is no doubting that flares and toilet paper and bangers lift an atmosphere, nobody can deny that when you hear a banger go off they aren't raised. Scottish football fans or British if you want is an actual embarrassment throughout the world. Ibrox is a fucking embarrassment at home games and would fit nicely in with the premiership snobs in England, no atmosphere whatsoever and is only good in big games. We will be getting comfy arm chairs in the copland soon enough and this was exaggerated more when there was a huge demand for fucking wi-fi in ibrox, fuck me your there to watch Rangers not sit on fucking smart phones!! We are nowhere near a decent atmosphere and i would take this all day long:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_lliBYGsh8

To be honest the attempts our lads make with these smoke bombs is quite pathetic. One was set off in front of us last night and the lad who did it sneaked away giggling. If they really want to do this why not do it with some style, and stand holding the flares letting smoke bomb after smoke bomb off?Maybe the rest of the support would then start to appreciate what the boys were doing. A daft wee bomb here and there really adds only a wee bit of smoke to the atmosphere. If your going to do something do it right or not at all.