Do you have to have a season ticket to be a true bear?

Skyson1872

On 27 August 2013 at 11:08 AM, Skyson1872 said:

I was talking to my mate, and he says I'm not a true fan because this is the first season I have had a season ticket. The thing is, I know just as much about Rangers if not more than him. I think it's not right at all, many fans are unable to attend games but can be the most passionate there is, does that make them not a true blue?

Well my 2 boys play on a saturday one at 10/11 and the other at 2 which fucks me for going to most games

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares who thinks you're a 'true' fan or not. You are the only person who truly knows the extent of your genuine  passion for the club. I'll bet there's hundreds, maybe thousands of season ticket holders who go to the game, go home and get on with their life and are actually pretty apathetic, going to the games out of habit or from family tradition without being deeply invested. Then i'm also willing to bet there are thousand of supporters from all over the world who can't be at Ibrox every week but live and breathe Rangers. Everyone's circumstances are different.

Silly question. I have been a Bear since my sperm days, spent the best part of my youth following Rangers home and away including Europe, spent the best part of adulthood including middle age following Rangers home and away including Europe, now watch Rangers on TV due to being a full time Carer.

I get one day respite a month, once in a Blue Moon does that day include a Rangers match day, I go if I can get a ticket. 

If every true Ranger was able to turn up at Ibrox for every game we played there, we would need a stadium of a size that would defy the laws of physics and gravity to be able to accommodate them.

Season ticket holders are great, they show their support up front, but you really do not need to be a season ticket holder to be a true Rangers fan.

On 2013-8-27 at 4:22 PM, BigChap said:

Neither my wife nor myself have season tickets due to family and work commitments, we do however go to as many games as we can and if it's down to money we also will be getting hospitality half a dozen times too which is about 3 times the price of a season ticket over the course of the season.

Stealth money bags post

I have never had a season ticket, but have always had Rangers in my heart.

Not only that, but in my whole life, I have probably only been to about 100 games. That said, I fully intend to go to a lot of games this coming season.

I must admit that life has got int he way of being a football fan for me, and it became way down my list of priorities, but I have the time to go again, and although I tried to let football (and in particular, Rangers/Celtic)go, I have been drawn back in by social media.

You just can't get away from it. I have many friends and acquaintances who are tims, and we have shown a mutual respect and kept a safe distance when discussing Old Firm stuff over the years! ie, we know the boundaries with each other, but latterly all I see is shite on fb slagging Rangers and 'liking' all conceivable Celtic groups imaginable, and it has gradually fired me up more and more to the point I feel more of a fan now than I have ever done in the last 30 years!

So I am looking forward to reacquainting myself with Ibrox (Mecca) this year! 

13 minutes ago, Blue Blooded said:

I have never had a season ticket, but have always had Rangers in my heart.

Not only that, but in my whole life, I have probably only been to about 100 games. That said, I fully intend to go to a lot of games this coming season.

I must admit that life has got int he way of being a football fan for me, and it became way down my list of priorities, but I have the time to go again, and although I tried to let football (and in particular, Rangers/Celtic)go, I have been drawn back in by social media.

You just can't get away from it. I have many friends and acquaintances who are tims, and we have shown a mutual respect and kept a safe distance when discussing Old Firm stuff over the years! ie, we know the boundaries with each other, but latterly all I see is shite on fb slagging Rangers and 'liking' all conceivable Celtic groups imaginable, and it has gradually fired me up more and more to the point I feel more of a fan now than I have ever done in the last 30 years!

So I am looking forward to reacquainting myself with Ibrox (Mecca) this year! 

No.

On 27/08/2013 at 5:08 PM, Skyson1872 said:

I was talking to my mate, and he says I'm not a true fan because this is the first season I have had a season ticket. The thing is, I know just as much about Rangers if not more than him. I think it's not right at all, many fans are unable to attend games but can be the most passionate there is, does that make them not a true blue?

I consider you a fly-by-night. A dilettante, if you will.

Hang your head in shame.

7 hours ago, kingtom80 said:

what a load off shit.i was a season tkt holder for years,

until I became older;and I became very ill,and can manage:pipe:

to very few cames now,but Rangers is my heart and soul.

Poetic

Arm chair supporter. .you're just an armchair supporter.  Oooh you're just an armchair supporter. 

We can't see you sneaking out.  We.cant see.you sneaking out .. to put the kettle on to put the kettle on we can't see.ypu sneaking out ooh we can't see.ypu sneaking out 

Why don't you go home?    that's right cos you're at home .. a part time supporter your not one of our own. 

10 hours ago, Jakes Pal said:

Silly question. I have been a Bear since my sperm days, spent the best part of my youth following Rangers home and away including Europe, spent the best part of adulthood including middle age following Rangers home and away including Europe, now watch Rangers on TV due to being a full time Carer.

I get one day respite a month, once in a Blue Moon does that day include a Rangers match day, I go if I can get a ticket. 

If every true Ranger was able to turn up at Ibrox for every game we played there, we would need a stadium of a size that would defy the laws of physics and gravity to be able to accommodate them.

Season ticket holders are great, they show their support up front, but you really do not need to be a season ticket holder to be a true Rangers fan.

'Sperm days' lol!!

No. What a ridiculous question. This real Bear stuff is pathetic as well. We are all Bears and Bearettes, that is all that matters. Kings nonsense about fans and supporters as well was utter garbage. If football is your sport and Rangers are your team then you are a Rangers fan, as much as anyone else. We all then support the club in our way. So many things come into play, family, finance, where you live etc etc. No one is any more or less a fan than anyone else though. 

I know fans who live across the other side of the world and have ever set foot in Ibrox, or indeed Scotland, yet are still so passionate about this club the way we all are. 

1 hour ago, surfsup2 said:

Agree and it was hard going especially in the winter nights .

You betcha bud never missed a home game, apart from a couple at new year there due to illness, maybe they'll reward the 20k+ diehards with a day in the directors box and hospitality, you get it for less! :whistle:Maybe pigs will fuckin fly eh bud ! Anyway onwards and upwards ! image.gif.bca82f834fff3f6c55e04da6b4b5be03.gif

There's guys that have had a season ticket for years that just go along to have a moan for 90 minutes and then head up the road. Yes they pay their money but does that make them a better supporter than someone who maybe can't go to every game because of other commitments? I wouldn't say so.