Marius Zaliukas signing talks - (Official)

WilliamFyfe

That was our haters in the BBC.

I think it was Daryl King on Clyde1. (not that i'm a regular listener)

Whoever it was, I don't disagree that we could have won this division with a fraction of the wage bill we currently have. (Queen of the South ran away with it with a budget of £300k)

As long as we're not losing TOO much cash I'm cool with that, though. Just saying.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ally has never played Wallace at CB. He's never said he could play CB. That was your suggestion.

To make that statement then criticise the manager playing players "out of position" is a bit rich.

For a small squad we have one or two options. McCulloch, [Kirk] Broadfoot and Lee Wallace could all play centre back.

Oops

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/mccoist-insists-rangers-have-to-cut-out-naivety-if-they-are-to-make-their-mark.14772248

And im not the only one that has said it...

McPherson said: "I have seen a lot of Lee over the years. I saw him when he first broke into the team at Hearts and I have seen him develop into an exceptional player.

"He is a big, strong lad who is reliable defensively, but who also likes to get forward down the left.

"What is more, he can play, and play well, at centre-half if required. If Rangers got him they would be getting two players for the price of one.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/sport-editors-picks/big-lees-two-for-one-bargain-worth-landing.14197613

Our Captain:

“He can play centre-half and left wing as well as left-back. He can hold down a few positions so I’m not reading too much into what it says about the team for this season. We’ve got a lot of players who can fill in all over but he will definitely enhance the team.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/8652993/Lee-Wallace-will-enhance-Rangers-with-his-versatility-enthuses-Lee-McCulloch.html

Right I can't be arsed reading through every single post until now, but let's make some things clear. A couple of the names mentioned who could cover at CB have been out through injury for a while, and Perry is not good enough. Some of the other players are either too young or just not experienced enough at any level of Scottish football. And FFS fuck of Puff Candy you haven't got a fucking clue another dig at the manager with no real intelligence or vision, Coisty believed that Zali could do a job for us and he sure as hell had the experience, he is a better CB than Jig, and if he had came in Jig could have been played at a more forward role. End of the day it ain't going to happen, and forget the finances issue, if the money wasn't available no offer would have ever been made, so will people stop believing the doom and gloom scenarios that those who want to undermine the club keep spouting in the press etc.

OK not sure what I will end up quoting? There are many players who change positions over the years, some start in one area then discover they are better in others, some start in defence and become strikers this is only a couple of examples.

Fair enough, if Ally said it. I don't read the herald so wouldn't have known that. Don't remember seeing it through Rangers official channels.

What's the point of this post though? That players can play more than one position well? Kind of contradicts your criticism of the managers team selections then, but I agree. Good players can do a job in more than just their preferred position. (tu)

Fair enough, if Ally said it. I don't read the herald so wouldn't have known that. Don't remember seeing it through Rangers official channels.

What's the point of this post though? That players can play more than one position well? Kind of contradicts your criticism of the managers team selections then, but I agree. Good players can do a job in more than just their preferred position. (tu)

All I said was that when we first bought him, Ally had mentioned that he can play Centre back, that stuck in my mind. We all know he is a left back, thats where he should be playing, im not disputing that and I certainly didnt mean it to come off as having a go at Ally.

Delighted that this has fallen through - no disrespect to Zaliukas, but we do not need any more players at this point in time. We have ample choices for each and everyone of our positions at the moment - if we did not have Perry, Cribari and Hegarty then I would have welcomed a signing at CH but as we do we should move forward as we are. Giving our "alleged" financial issues, lets progress as we are, win the league and revaluate who we can move on and who we can bring in at the end of the season.

Probably. If he had signed though would he have taken McCullochs position and if so where would Lee have been slotted in?

Probably back in midfield .Jig just has to be given a starting berth ,old pals and awe that .Seriously Jig should be up front ,up front and nowhere else .I was at that Forfar league cup tie .

Clearly not, still doesn't excuse the fact people changing their tune not even two weeks after deeming him worthy of being a Rangers player.

If you can explain how that makes sense please tell me what I've missed

Name posters who committed this inexcusable change of tune then.

In that way we will know you didn't just make it up.

He would have done a job, but I suspect that we have more than enough to see us through this season already and in the unlikely event that we try three or four different guys there and they all play terribly between now and Christmas then we can pick easily somebody up in January for the second half o the season.