Tims dressing in Rangers tops as zombies

TheBoyDave

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God god some of you are really rude!

A bear comes on here to get a wee peeve off his chest and where better than amongst fellow "understanding" bears!!!

I really don't know with some of you sometimes. Flaming keyboard warriors. Tut.

Anyway, as some have mentioned, maybe you should take it up with someone higher up and tell them your thoughts. It is really cringey going to the lengths they feel they have to go to....then again, we can't be too surprised at this hang up they have with our club, lol :) bunch of sad act lunatics.

I can understand the OP's view on this, if their fans want to dress up as zombies in Rangers tops that's up to them. In fact I'd have been very surprised if I had not heard of a story like this. However there is a difference here, these as employees of a company who no doubt want to do business with supporters of our club so the management should have stepped in and stopped them. In fact I can think of a fair amount of organisations who may have issued a verbal warning to these members of staff about their abuse of what was meant to be a fun day.

Today I visited three shops where the staff had donned costumes as it was Halloween, the were wearing traditional Halloween garb, nothing controversial or offensive. By doing what was done by these people in a bank of all places it was meant to cause offence no more no less. As has been pointed out had someone dressed as JS in a c****c top or even Cardinal O'Brien in a c****c it would have been rightfully deemed offensive to some customers of the bank. Perhaps I missed it, but which bank was this? I'm sure there are many on here who would happily find another organisation with whom to do business.

Jesus some of our fans to need to toughen up a wee bit - imagine rival fans having a go at our expense - shocking behaviour that we never do - we never laugh at Celtic , nor take the piss out of sheep shaggers etc. Our fun is never personal or hurtful cause we know how sensitive folk are :pipe:

Jesus some of our fans to need to toughen up a wee bit - imagine rival fans having a go at our expense - shocking behaviour that we never do - we never laugh at Celtic , nor take the piss out of sheep shaggers etc. Our fun is never personal or hurtful cause we know how sensitive folk are :pipe:

Sorry, but I think the point most people are missing is that this is a work enviroment, namely a bank.

If, for example, some other employees had dressed as Jimmy Saville wearing their top, as suggested before, and an arguement \ fight broke out, when it came to disciplinery proceedings, there would be a lot of managers out of a job for permitting this to happen.

I am presuming this is in a call centre away from public view, but if this is High street branch dealing with the general public, .they should expect problems.

By the way, I'm not offended, but when it comes to work, any hint of secterianism would result in instant dismissal over here.

I for one could not give a fuck. They are our rival supporters and this is the kind of thing that happens. By reacting and getting all upset about is giving them the win. They want to wind people up and have succeeded. I find people like that boring. They are obsessed but we don't half make it easy for them to upset us these days. I think some need to man up a bit. We are the most successful club in the world. These people do not matter.

Sorry, but I think the point most people are missing is that this is a work enviroment, namely a bank.

If, for example, some other employees had dressed as Jimmy Saville wearing their top, as suggested before, and an arguement \ fight broke out, when it came to disciplinery proceedings, there would be a lot of managers out of a job for permitting this to happen.

I am presuming this is in a call centre away from public view, but if this is High street branch dealing with the general public, .they should expect problems.

By the way, I'm not offended, but when it comes to work, any hint of secterianism would result in instant dismissal over here.

... and if the 'guisers' had dressed up as zombies but with a Gretna top on (I'll admit most would not get the joke) would you still be offended ?

Perhaps this does not belong in the Bears den and if so feel free to move to correct section.I work for a well known company(a bank) and today we were encouraged to dress up for Halloween and raise money for charity.So far so good.A lot of people today participated and a fair few of them were bitter tims dressed as zombies wearing Rangers football tops.I personally think this is pathetic and I would never dream of wearing the bheasts gear.Normaly there is a no football shirt code at work(except Scotland tops) but for some reason this was allowed.I am no prude and can have a laugh but I doubt if it was the other way round like wearing a Jimmy Saville get up with a Celtic top the individuals would get in to trouble/told to remove costume.The zombie reference also alludes to Rangers fans being sub human,not normal,stupid ect.Touching on a post by Dart about bias against us it seems things like this is the norm and Rangers bashing is fair game now.As I say this is pretty sad behaviour but I can't believe this is allowed in the workplace.

Complain to HR.

They are mocking Christianity which worships a deid guy who came back to life.