Gers behind us for years - Lennon

72barca

I think it's hard to predict how we will fare as we don't know what our squad or theirs will look like.

The tims will have cash waiting to splash if we look like pushing them all the way, we will have to spend obviously but there's no need to go nuts with the cheque book.

Priority should be sorting out our scouting and youth development and that will save us money down the line.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We dont need to buy anything.. With 3,4 additions this current squad could win it. Stay in the race up until the final 10 games and take advantage when they slip up... The key to winning the league at the first attempt will be consistency not the squads

Disagree 100%

We lost nearly 30 million pounds worth of talent from a squad capable of challenging for a league title during/after administration and its going to take more than 3/4 additions to bring the squad back to that level.

This current squad doesn't have anywhere close to the level of ability or depth that we had before administration.

Fine by me if so.

By the same token, if it takes a change of manager for us to win number 55, a lot of people on here should acknowledge that all the blind faith in the world doesn't win titles.

I doubt anyone on here would accept that their views are based on blind faith.

We are rangers at the end of the day and in any domestic competition/league we should be expected to either win or challenge for trophies.

There is some truth in Lennons words but I dont think we will be too far behind them come the first old firm game in the new top division!

By the time we get up, i think celtics squad will be weakened due to them having to cut costs because we arent there also because they arent making UCL groups no longer

Us winning it in our first year back is simply fairy tale stuff.

(tu)

It's not impossible but it is highly unlikely because we don't have the funds or the players to challenge at this moment in time.

Like has been said we have lost around £30 million of talent and we will not be spending anywhere near that amount while the other lot will strengthen on what they have already got.

Hard work, luck, scouting ect will play a major part in when we get our title back.

Us winning it in our first year back is simply fairy tale stuff.

Nope, not fairy tale stuff. The very DNA of this club is about conquering all.

That's why we are the most successful football club on this very planet. The rangers fans, to a man/woman should be making it clear at the forthcoming AGM that this is the benchmark. A rangers squad that can compete for the title is the very least I will expect.

Nope, not fairy tale stuff. The very DNA of this club is about conquering all.

That's why we are the most successful football club on this very planet. The rangers fans, to a man/woman should be making it clear at the forthcoming AGM that this is the benchmark. A rangers squad that can compete for the title is the very least I will expect.

Birthday card stuff sadly.

Yes our club and fans are fantastic and deserve better than where we are but because of our past and tradition by no way means we are expected to just start ripping up the SPL like we did before on our first attempt.

There are factors to take into account like our main rivals will have millions to spend and will have a far more settled squad used to playing in that division.

Yes we will give it a crack and IF money is spent I expect to give it a real go but only in my dreams do I EXPECT to win the title in our first year back.

Reading a few of the posts here i think the word deluded springs to mind.

Do any of you honestly think we would be able to even get close to Celtic with our current squad? We are about 5 years behind them in youth development, the same with scouting.

The people who run the club are so busy trying to fight the people who want to run the club that we have little or no direction.

We dont have a scouting network, even if we did, we have no money to buy players at the moment, so i dont see how our squad is suddenly going to improve vastly.

Next year we will be playing in the Scottish championship, does anyone remember how hard it was trying to attract decent players to play in the Scottish premiership?

This boardroom stuff needs sorted, and quickly. We then need to start looking a getting some further investment (and believe me, we need a fucking lot of it) before we can even think about catching up with them.

Do any of you honestly think we would be able to even get close to Celtic with our current squad? We are about 5 years behind them in youth development, the same with scouting.

The people who run the club are so busy trying to fight the people who want to run the club that we have little or no direction.

We dont have a scouting network, even if we did, we have no money to buy players at the moment, so i dont see how our squad is suddenly going to improve vastly.

Next year we will be playing in the Scottish championship, does anyone remember how hard it was trying to attract decent players to play in the Scottish premiership?

This boardroom stuff needs sorted, and quickly. We then need to start looking a getting some further investment (and believe me, we need a fucking lot of it) before we can even think about catching up with them.

Nailed it there. (tu)

"but the Rangers fans won't accept this" well tuff, they're just going to have to accept it. Shouting No Surrender wont do us any good here either, sadly.

If you disagree with this article you're kidding yourself on. We do need money and time to build a squad capable of beating a successful Celtic side in the Premiership when we're back there.

I also see no negativity from Lennon towards Rangers in any of these quotes. I don't like the man at all - I think he's a thug with no class or dignity - but he's obviously just responding to a question he was asked by a journalist.

Why are we always beating them in Youth Cups ?

I am convinced mcgregor will return at least!!! Well that's the least he could do and that would seriously help us create that winning mentality again!!!

The support would crucify the prick. And i say that as someone who once valued him.

Why are they always beating us in the youth leagues?

They were beating us in Youth Leagues when we were winning 9 n row. made no difference to be honest.

Not many young players ever break through at Rangers or the Filth, very few make the grade.

If you disagree with this article you're kidding yourself on. We do need money and time to build a squad capable of beating a successful Celtic side in the Premiership when we're back there.

I also see no negativity from Lennon towards Rangers in any of these quotes. I don't like the man at all - I think he's a thug with no class or dignity - but he's obviously just responding to a question he was asked by a journalist.

Exactly.

In this instance, there's no malice or lunacy. Any football manager would make the same assessment.