Gers behind us for years - Lennon

72barca

They were beating us in Youth Leagues when we were winning 9 n row. made no difference to be honest.

Not many young players ever break through at Rangers or the Filth, very few make the grade.

Different time. We are now going to have to rely on youth players coming through, instead of being able to buy top class players.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Different time. We are now going to have to rely on youth players coming through, instead of being able to buy top class players.

No we wont we will buy when when we reach the knewco League. You cant bet on that, we still buy the best Knewco players just now.

No we wont we will buy when when we reach the knewco League. You cant bet on that, we still buy the best Knewco players just now.

How are we going to be able to afford them?

If reports are to be believed, we will have £1million in the bank in January.

Thinking like that will only get us back into the same position we were a few years ago.

I am convinced mcgregor will return at least!!! Well that's the least he could do and that would seriously help us create that winning mentality again!!!

Fuck sake! You trying to out do the surrender monkeys who think the tarriers will win 10 in a row before we kick a ball against them? You are succeeding. Totally delusional.

How are we going to be able to afford them?

If reports are to be believed, we will have £1million in the bank in January.

Thinking like that will only get us back into the same position we were a few years ago.

A club with our fanbase and earning potential with no debt quite easily i'm sure.

Why do you think the filth are panicking they are in debt to every cunt and it will take them down.

Reading a few of the posts here i think the word deluded springs to mind.

Do any of you honestly think we would be able to even get close to Celtic with our current squad? We are about 5 years behind them in youth development, the same with scouting.

The people who run the club are so busy trying to fight the people who want to run the club that we have little or no direction.

We dont have a scouting network, even if we did, we have no money to buy players at the moment, so i dont see how our squad is suddenly going to improve vastly.

Next year we will be playing in the Scottish championship, does anyone remember how hard it was trying to attract decent players to play in the Scottish premiership?

This boardroom stuff needs sorted, and quickly. We then need to start looking a getting some further investment (and believe me, we need a fucking lot of it) before we can even think about catching up with them.

Agree with this. Unfortunately the real pain lies ahead and I honestly think it will be a battle to stop the bheasts getting 10IAR. The solution? Major investment combined with real grass roots coaching however time won't be on our side when we get back. Next season will be interesting as its a big step up and this grinding teams down with our superior fitness won't be as effective.

Agree with this. Unfortunately the real pain lies ahead and I honestly think it will be a battle to stop the bheasts getting 10IAR. The solution? Major investment combined with real grass roots coaching however time won't be on our side when we get back. Next season will be interesting as its a big step up and this grinding teams down with our superior fitness won't be as effective.

Clubs in Scottish football do not need time to be successful, just money. It has been proven with Livingston, Gretna and Hearts, not to mention Rangers and Celtic and their constant expensive short term fixes. In reality it will not be as hard as some are painting it to be to catch them. Celtic will not get anywhere near 10 IAR, our support will make sure of that as we demand success.

Clubs in Scottish football do not need time to be successful, just money. It has been proven with Livingston, Gretna and Hearts, not to mention Rangers and Celtic and their constant expensive short term fixes. In reality it will not be as hard as some are painting it to be to catch them. Celtic will not get anywhere near 10 IAR, our support will make sure of that as we demand success.

That has always been the way in Scottish football you have to buy the success. Its bad in a way that no one can create a League winning team through good man management and team building.

I'd like to go through the starting 11s and see how far away we think we are from them, but I actually have no idea who still plays for them. I know big Lurch does (hee hee) but that's about it.

Anyone fancy doing a 11 v 11 comparison and we can see how many players we're looking at to take the title?

I started doing a comparison but to be honest I don't really know how Celtic set up these days and I feel dirty trying to look it up! I think it's fair to say they are stronger in all areas of the pitch apart from up front where I would take big Jon over Samaras any day of the week. Also think Forster is massively over-rated and don't feel Bell is far behind.

Complacency. And taking their position for granted. And believing their own press. And lack of real competitive edge. Fat. Basking in the illusion of their own supposed glories. Boring the shit out of Scottish football. Combined together = a weakening. That'll get them. While hunger - real hunger, and a determination to put right the wrongs = a continued rising for us. Their weakening and our rising would be a bit of a factor when we are back in the top flight.

20m+ ???

Seriously?

Yes seriously.

By the time we're there Daly and Jig will be too old and i wouldn't trust Foster,Little,Hutton or Shiels.

We don't know how McLeod,McKay and Clark will cope with the step up and you can guarantee the beggars will strengthen quite a bit to make sure we don't walk back to the title.

So £20m+ i think would be a healthy investment that season meaning we only need to tweak for the following couple of seasons.

Reading a few of the posts here i think the word deluded springs to mind.

Do any of you honestly think we would be able to even get close to Celtic with our current squad? We are about 5 years behind them in youth development, the same with scouting.

The people who run the club are so busy trying to fight the people who want to run the club that we have little or no direction.

We dont have a scouting network, even if we did, we have no money to buy players at the moment, so i dont see how our squad is suddenly going to improve vastly.

Next year we will be playing in the Scottish championship, does anyone remember how hard it was trying to attract decent players to play in the Scottish premiership?

This boardroom stuff needs sorted, and quickly. We then need to start looking a getting some further investment (and believe me, we need a fucking lot of it) before we can even think about catching up with them.

Don't think anyone's said they are confident with this current squad tbh

It's the management more than this group of players that worries me more tbh