We are getting it wrong

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Team vs Forfar had a mixture of youth and experience, and most of the youth had played a good amount of games last season against teams the level of Forfar.

I don't want to keep harping back to it and i know how well we've done since but I can't accept that was just one of those things caused by the inexperience of youngsters that we have to accept.

It was unacceptable and I'm sure McCoist and the players knew that to be fair.

The football isn't so great now

Its night and day in terms of entertaining fans with goals. We cant compete in the SPL with youth who've cut their teeth in lower leagues, we need stability and to bring youth through slowly in the championship and SPL otherwise we will be like hamilton, dundee, falkirk etc - a team of youngsters not capable of being at the top level consistently.

Hertz, Dundee United etc have young lads performing and performing well in the top league. Macleod apart our youths aren't good enough to get a game in second division.

Until we get rid of Sinclair and install a new ethos at youth level, we'll always be behind these teams in terms of producing talent.

Lol.

Name me the players they've produced anywhere near Barry Ferguson?

Its night and day in terms of entertaining fans with goals. We cant compete in the SPL with youth who've cut their teeth in lower leagues, we need stability and to bring youth through slowly in the championship and SPL otherwise we will be like hamilton, dundee, falkirk etc - a team of youngsters not capable of being at the top level consistently.

Good point.

Shows up many on here who constantly call for youths to play yet maintain any good performance means nothing because it's only against bakers and candlestick makers etc.

In which way do you mean " near Barry Ferguson"?

Now about Sinclairs youth set up, what's your thoughts?

You said Dundee Utd, hertz...have young boys doing well in the league...

Well who are they?

Hearts are bottom.

Dundee Utd are 6th? Maybe 5th?

Am I getting this wrong?

To me, it would seem Terry Butcher had a better idea than both and just signed good players, then got to 2nd.

I could be missing something though.

I do not see why we are debating it from a Rangers perspective only. The youth set up in the whole of Scotland has been rank rotten for years and that is not Sinclair to blame. Stepps if these jambo pigs and other teams were getting it so right why is the national standards been on a slippery slope for a few decades now. We like to kid ourselves on in Scotland and Reargun and Dungcastor have to shoulder some responsibility

Good point.

Shows up many on here who constantly call for youths to play yet maintain any good performance means nothing because it's only against bakers and candlestick makers etc.

Rubbish, I loved performances like Airdrie away, 8-0 vs Stenhousemuir. Sadly the peformances have rarely been as enjoyable as that.

The team was shite.

The youngsters ain't half as good as RM likes to kid on they are. That roaster swsl had us believe we still had the second best team in scottish football last year, IcT and utd proved otherwise.

Kal Naismith, McKay, aird and a few others are the footballing geniuses this forum wanted to see play, when they played they barely gave us much.

Naismith had me longing to run onto the pitch and slap him around, McKay his assists apart is as frustrating as fuck.

Isn't it the job of the management team to improve and develop youngsters? All we seem to do is loan them out. There is absolutely no way on earth players like Foster and Smith should be keeping any youngster out, 2 of the most pointless signings we have ever made and tells us IMO how much our manager cares about the youngsters. OP is 100% correct we are missing a huge opportunity. This winning every single game record has become an albatross round our necks now and we are sacrificing blooding youngsters and playing good football to achieve this. If we get it great but what has it proved in the long term? That a professional football club with the 2nd highest wage bill in the country can bulldoze part time teams through superior fitness in a war of attrition?

Also why cancel games when a few players are away on international duty again seize the opportunity we are miles ahead. If Ally came out and asked for the fans to be patient as he is trying to give youngsters a chance I'm sure most would back him and understand a few defeats.

However after Forfar he said that it wasn't his team his were in the stands??!! How demoralizing that must have been to our youngsters.

If the aren't good enough then why? What is the point of MP? Do we really need it as we seem to do fuck all with it.

You said Dundee Utd, hertz...have young boys doing well in the league...

Well who are they?

Hearts are bottom.

Dundee Utd are 6th? Maybe 5th?

Am I getting this wrong?

To me, it would seem Terry Butcher had a better idea than both and just signed good players, then got to 2nd.

I could be missing something though.

Jason Holt,Jamie Walker,Calum Paterson,Jordan McGhee,Ryan Gauld,Stuart Armstrong,John Souttar..

All better than what we have(Macleod apart).

Last year

23 appearances for a 21/22 year old (Faure)

29 appearances for a 20 year old (Hegarty)

23 appearances for a 22/23 year old (Perry)

4 appearances for a 20/21 year old (Cole)

4 appearances for a 17/18 year old (Gasparotto)

33 appearances for a 21/22 year old (Hutton)

31 appearances for an 18 year old (Macleod)

27 appearances for a 19/20 year old (Crawford)

26 appearances for a 23/24 year old (Templeton)

22 appearances for a 17/18 year old (Aird)

2 appearances for a 16 year old (Walsh)

7 appearance for a 20/21 year old (Mitchell)

36 appearances (and 25 goals) for a 23 year old (Little)

41 appearances for a 17/18 year old (McKay)

24 appearances for a 20/21 year old (Naismith)

5 appearances for a 20/21 year old (Hemmings)

3 appearances for a 16 year old (Stoney)

-----

ages obviously changing during the season - wouldn't claim we are building a brilliant young side but is interesting enough reading when the suggestion is put forth that we haven't given young players game time. And no, i'm not saying these stats mean anything or that Ally is the bestest manager out there, he's obviously strengthened the side this year and younger players have had less playing time - they merely are what they are. Thought it was quite interesting and surprised me a little bit

Isn't it the job of the management team to improve and develop youngsters? All we seem to do is loan them out. There is absolutely no way on earth players like Foster and Smith should be keeping any youngster out, 2 of the most pointless signings we have ever made and tells us IMO how much our manager cares about the youngsters. OP is 100% correct we are missing a huge opportunity. This winning every single game record has become an albatross round our necks now and we are sacrificing blooding youngsters and playing good football to achieve this. If we get it great but what has it proved in the long term? That a professional football club with the 2nd highest wage bill in the country can bulldoze part time teams through superior fitness in a war of attrition?

Also why cancel games when a few players are away on international duty again seize the opportunity we are miles ahead. If Ally came out and asked for the fans to be patient as he is trying to give youngsters a chance I'm sure most would back him and understand a few defeats.

However after Forfar he said that it wasn't his team his were in the stands??!! How demoralizing that must have been to our youngsters.

If the aren't good enough then why? What is the point of MP? Do we really need it as we seem to do fuck all with it.

Seems noble....doesn't work in practice.

Otherwise Arsene Wenger and the likes are wrong and you're right.

And you're earning 2 million a year as manager of Arsenal and he's posting on on RM tonight.

I guess he and the likes know better.

For any of the youth players to make it into the first team they will have to get more game time. If we started playing from the first minute and obtained a good lead we could then be bring the Airds etc on for 20 or 30 minutes. We also have to play them in their natural positions when they do come on.

With the defence we have we should be playing Gasparotto rather McCulloch for a full 90 minutes.

Offloading Mitchell and McAusland gives me the impression that McCoist isn't so interested in bring on inexperienced players.

Jason Holt,Jamie Walker,Calum Paterson,Jordan McGhee,Ryan Gauld,Stuart Armstrong,John Souttar..

These guys are all very good young players. Gauld is a country mile above anyone we have, he's gonna be a star (relative to Scotland)

How can you know that though?

They're 5th in the SPL.

Bummed up to the max by Spence and the like.

For what it's worth, I think the SPL has taken a serious dive in quality this season.

I think Rangers vs Dundee Utd now...and all these 'stars' would be very close.

Last year

23 appearances for a 21/22 year old (Faure)

29 appearances for a 20 year old (Hegarty)

23 appearances for a 22/23 year old (Perry)

4 appearances for a 20/21 year old (Cole)

4 appearances for a 17/18 year old (Gasparotto)

33 appearances for a 21/22 year old (Hutton)

31 appearances for an 18 year old (Macleod)

27 appearances for a 19/20 year old (Crawford)

26 appearances for a 23/24 year old (Templeton)

22 appearances for a 17/18 year old (Aird)

2 appearances for a 16 year old (Walsh)

7 appearance for a 20/21 year old (Mitchell)

36 appearances (and 25 goals) for a 23 year old (Little)

41 appearances for a 17/18 year old (McKay)

24 appearances for a 20/21 year old (Naismith)

5 appearances for a 20/21 year old (Hemmings)

3 appearances for a 16 year old (Stoney)

-----

ages obviously changing during the season - wouldn't claim we are building a brilliant young side but is interesting enough reading when the suggestion is put forth that we haven't given young players game time. And no, i'm not saying these stats mean anything or that Ally is the bestest manager out there, he's obviously strengthened the side this year and younger players have had less playing time - they merely are what they are. Thought it was quite interesting and surprised me a little bit

And we won the league by a comfortable margin.

I was as big a critic as anyone of last seasons performances and the points we dropped but i think it shows that having a smaller squad wouldn't put our promotion at risk at all.