Lee Wallace To Forest?

Thewhitesettler

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It still amazes me that after the number of times stories have initially broken on twitter over the past few years that people are still so quick to dismiss it.

Go on then....tell me a story that broke in twitter that proved to be true?

Longmuir as CEO if the Spfl? Erm

Rangers to lose the BTC - mmm

Glasgow city council to shut Ibrox on health and safety grounds - but....

Aye very good....twitter is predominantly a platform for losers to spout nonsense. It is a medium that perpetuates lies, assumptions and spreads hatred and misinformation....it has it uses and there are slit of worthwhile contributors on it I'm sure but trying to justify the credibility of a twitter story is like saying hugh Keevins is a top notch investigative reporter! :lol:

Go on then....tell me a story that broke in twitter that proved to be true?

Longmuir as CEO if the Spfl? Erm

Rangers to lose the BTC - mmm

Glasgow city council to shut Ibrox on health and safety grounds - but....

Aye very good....twitter is predominantly a platform for losers to spout nonsense. It is a medium that perpetuates lies, assumptions and spreads hatred and misinformation....it has it uses and there are slit of worthwhile contributors on it I'm sure but trying to justify the credibility of a twitter story is like saying hugh Keevins is a top notch investigative reporter! :lol:

Don't get me wrong I hate twitter as a medium mate and I'm not saying its credible or true but for a team to actually be named as being interested just a day after we've had somebody within the club saying he won't be sold has me a bit worried even if it is a tenuous link at best.

If we have to sell Lee for 3m just to keep the club going then someone needs their baws booted hard.

Fans pay to see quality, not youth players ( no disrespect intended, I know there are a few who are good and ultimately the future)

You can only dilute a product so much and ask fans to pay the same.

Of course it might just be scurrilous rumour...............

Selling Wallace would be a great disappointment and completely go against everything the board have said since day 1.

£1.25m would not go a great length to resolving "cash flow problems either".

I would be looking at £3-£4m at least. Don't care where we play our football. It is well documented Wallace is not a player for this level. He is a Scotland International who has already proved himself at a higher level, he is Vice-Captain of the club and an inspirational team member. He is very much an asset to this club and wishes to stay. As well as this, he is a player who sees himself at Ibrox very much in the long term, when we are back at the top and in Europe, and as such there should be a price to pay for a player who will continually be recognised as the stand out player/star of the team as the years go on.

Times have changed, we must be demanding sums for our players. Accepting stupid bids first time didn't do us any favours to start with.

Celtic get huge sums for their players and Wallace is a current Scotland sqad player. Would also have to replace him as Smith is quite poor.

Start the bidding at 4m - 5m.

I agree. He is a 4m plus player. Lee is a natural athlete with incredible pace and good vision. I want him to be our next captain. Not for sale!!!

Celtic get huge sums for their players and Wallace is a current Scotland sqad player. Would also have to replace him as Smith is quite poor.

Start the bidding at 4m - 5m.

Aye but they wouldn't have got anywhere near what they did if the players hadn't played in the champions league mate. People don't get a look in if they are pumping SPFL teams, they need to do the business on the big stage or the big bids won't come in. Celtic would have been lucky to get 5 million for Wanyama had he not played well/scored in the champions league etc.

I obviously don't want us to lose Wallace, but nobody will jump in with that kinda cash right away, they will test our board with smaller bids first.

Aye but they wouldn't have got anywhere near what they did if the players hadn't played in the champions league mate. People don't get a look in if they are pumping SPFL teams, they need to do the business on the big stage or the big bids won't come in. Celtic would have been lucky to get 5 million for Wanyama had he not played well/scored in the champions league etc.

I obviously don't want us to lose Wallace, but nobody will jump in with that kinda cash right away, they will test our board with smaller bids first.

It would cost 4 million to replace him. He could be captaining us in Europe in a couple of years. Anyone who sells him would incur the anger of our support. He is the template for our future. A man you can build a team around. Only a simpleton would want to sell him.

Agree with this.

In normal circumstances Wallace is a 4-5 million pound player but Wallace isn't playing for a Rangers team in normal circumstances and that's going to reflect on his transfer value whether we agree with it or not.