Season Tickets - Upcoming Increase

Ace

It was confirmed at today's AGM that the ST's for the new 2014/2015 season will be subject to an increase, the question is .... what do you think the increase will be or what would you accept as an increase ??

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They did the right thing (maybe not financially) keeping the prices down this year in another part time league but next season is a step up and it will at least be competitive with hearts and at least 6/7 other full time teams.....I'd say a 10/15% increase would be fair enough and justifiable!

For me, I reckon it might be as high as 20% which would cover the 10% that should have happened this season and another 10% or the upcoming season

Yep, tbh I think that would be fair. It would actually still be less than putting it up by 10% each of the two years (which gives a 21% overall increase). I expect it will be used as a stick to beat the board with, rather than people being happy that last year's increase was deferred.

At the issue of our IPO the original business plan (in days when we had such a thing) was for a 10% season upon season increase in the price of our season tickets. i would expect an increase given that prices were frozen this season to rise around the 20%.

I think we all expected an increase next season. It is inevitable. How much to increase it is a fine balancing act. I'd be pissed off if it was more than 20 percent. I think much more than that would put supporters off and result in a drop in season ticket sales. After all, we will not be in the top division and a lot of our supporters are having to tighten their belts due to the increase in the cost of living. The exact level of increase will be the refreshed board's first big test IMO. Let's hope they find the right balance.

anyone who thinks a 20% rise is justified is mad and the new boards allies

explain?

the quality on the park has got better, and will hopefully continue to do so.

We are being promoted to a higher league, with better opposition, and better more meaningful games.

The initial plan would have seen a 10% rise last season and a 10% rise this season, 20% is totally fair.