European Commission seek explanation on Celtic land deals

Hope to god I'm wrong, But....

No appetite exists in Scotland and it's footballing authorities to punish or harm IRAceltic in any way, guilty or not. Especially whenever they have such a strong influence within the corridors of each one.

Rangers are in such a mess destroying themselves that they will be too distracted and impotent to return the serve to IRAceltic.

History shows that Dermot Desmond and Denis O'brien are mega powerful people and litigation powerhouses. Mr O'brien is a particularly powerful and rich individual who will use his far reaching influence to stamp out any real trouble for them.

I could go on and on but my overwhelming feeling is there are far too many powerful people sympathetic to their cause and ready to lie and defend them at every turn and they will ensure they are protected from the full force of justice.

In fact their media juggernaut will eventually see them become the victims in all of this.

Jonok, do you remember the TV interviews wee neil gave about how the use of EBT's was financial doping and that financial doping was just like match fixing so titles should be stripped? Well we were not guilty, however the use of millions secured against land obtained via dodgy deals to put a league winning side on the park most certainly is financial doping. I'd have to say they'll be convicted and sentenced by their own words. So every title they have one since Martin O'neil got his £20m to spend will have to be stripped as will any cups won during this period. It should be noted that more that one club Rangers would gain titles if this were to happen, unlike when they were pushing for titles to be stripped

They must also be placed in the lowest tier of the Scottish leagues and any money due from the SPL/SFA withheld. If this was not to happen then the SPL/SFA could very easily be on the end of a court case from shareholders of Rangers for the money withheld from the club post admin. Bearing in mind that the actions taken against Rangers were issued on the appearance of a "Prima Facia" case against the club, any action must be taken against c****c immediately the EU investigation is elevated to full status. Also at that time any official of c****c must be removed from any post within the governing bodies of the SPFL and SFA.

We were also issued our actions for bringing the game into disrepute, would a full investigation by the ECC mean this also?

I am ever hopeful, but....

I genuinely don't think they will get much of a punishment.

They SHOULD get clobbered, but....

But.... It's up to all of us to push it and sock it to em mate, we can't sit idle and let them away with ANY wrongdoing. Messageboards Twitter FB Phone ins etc etc if they are investigated.

kelvd1873 - "We were also issued our actions for bringing the game into disrepute, would a full investigation by the ECC mean this also?"

One would have to think so, totally agree with your sentiments above. It's up to the fans and the shareholders of the club to push this to the limits as soon as the EC decision comes in.

I was actually going to publish the link (below) to the latest EC newsletter and suggest a decision would be soon based on the amount of cases in the latest newsletter.

The info from PZJ about a decision soon doesn't suprise me. I think once they open a full investigation they normally need to come to a decision within two months unless they appeal their own timescales. I could be wrong but that's my interpretation of their process.

http://ec.europa.eu/...rrent_issue.pdf

are the tarriers on this ?

are the tarriers on this ?

Not at the minute but this seems to be the official notification/public record of all cases.

I was expecting PZJ to be giving the nod due to the time and effort he has put in, so I now think a decision will me made sooner rather than later with this.

It will be interesting to know if there was any type of super injunction taken out by the scum as the press blackout has been shameful. Or maybe that's an EC decision due to the people involved.

Jonok, do you remember the TV interviews wee neil gave about how the use of EBT's was financial doping and that financial doping was just like match fixing so titles should be stripped? Well we were not guilty, however the use of millions secured against land obtained via dodgy deals to put a league winning side on the park most certainly is financial doping. I'd have to say they'll be convicted and sentenced by their own words. So every title they have one since Martin O'neil got his £20m to spend will have to be stripped as will any cups won during this period. It should be noted that more that one club Rangers would gain titles if this were to happen, unlike when they were pushing for titles to be stripped

They must also be placed in the lowest tier of the Scottish leagues and any money due from the SPL/SFA withheld. If this was not to happen then the SPL/SFA could very easily be on the end of a court case from shareholders of Rangers for the money withheld from the club post admin. Bearing in mind that the actions taken against Rangers were issued on the appearance of a "Prima Facia" case against the club, any action must be taken against c****c immediately the EU investigation is elevated to full status. Also at that time any official of c****c must be removed from any post within the governing bodies of the SPFL and SFA.

As for the GCC, EDC, Lenoxtown Partnership or NHS, any official involved in the deals must be suspended with immediate effect pending a criminal investigation for fraud and corruption if the EU investigation is elevated to full status.

Now this would be nice!

On yourself Mongoose. I was sending a few emails to my MSP Michael McMahon. He kept giving it the whole 'need to wait and see what the EC come back with.' He is not for looking into anything and saying that the football tax havens website is commentary rather than fact. I haven't bothered responding to the latest email yet but if this goes full investigation then the pressure is right on. Everyone needs to be on at there MSPs etc and not let this one go without demanding full punishment.

On yourself Mongoose. I was sending a few emails to my MSP Michael McMahon. He kept giving it the whole 'need to wait and see what the EC come back with.' He is not for looking into anything and saying that the football tax havens website is commentary rather than fact. I haven't bothered responding to the latest email yet but if this goes full investigation then the pressure is right on. Everyone needs to be on at there MSPs etc and not let this one go without demanding full punishment.

Their still Sweeping like fuck then.

That Broom must be worn out.

so your mp thinks all the official documents on FTH are opinion ? Maybe he needs to take his green tinted specs off

In the run up to the 2015 General Election MP's will be holding open meetings to push for re-election. These meeting will give us the opportunity to question these people on what has gone on, they can either accept the facts or be exposed in public. When doing this keep your argument factual and don't deviate, they would love you to sound like some sort of anti-Catholic nut job and will do their best to push the discussion in that direction. Most importantly KEEP YOUR COOL.

If possible take along factual hand outs to pass round showing where they have siphoned public cash to c****c and high light the EC involvement. If possible get the whole thing on video so hat if the do make a major slip up it can be used on the web.

This must be done for both Labour and the SNP as both parties are equally guilty, in the case of the SNP you have the extra noose to hang them with in that this was going on while they ran he Scottish government, but they chose to ignore the misuse of public funds and corrupt practices while concentrating on the sole topic of independence. Don't forget the NHS in Scotland is under the rule of Edinburgh, not Westminster.

so your mp thinks all the official documents on FTH are opinion ? Maybe he needs to take his green tinted specs off

This was his email

"One observation I would make is that the Football Tax Haven blogger combines official documentation with commentary and opinion. My experience teaches me that the reading of official statistics is seldom carried out in an objective manner and is more often a matter of interpretation so it may equally be possible to look at the same documentation and arrive at a different conclusion.

I do not have sufficient information to judge whether the blog accurately reflects the facts so can only reiterate my earlier points that Audit Scotland would be able to look into this issue, that I understand that a complaint has been made to UEFA and that should the evidence lead to a conclusion that rules have been breached I would expect appropriate action to be taken by the authorities concerned.

I am sorry that I cannot be more helpful but I await the outcome of the UEFA investigation with interest."

I am not getting anywhere with him so I am leaving it on the backburner until this reaches the full investigation. Once this happens I will get in contact with him again.

This was his email

"One observation I would make is that the Football Tax Haven blogger combines official documentation with commentary and opinion. My experience teaches me that the reading of official statistics is seldom carried out in an objective manner and is more often a matter of interpretation so it may equally be possible to look at the same documentation and arrive at a different conclusion.

I do not have sufficient information to judge whether the blog accurately reflects the facts so can only reiterate my earlier points that Audit Scotland would be able to look into this issue, that I understand that a complaint has been made to UEFA and that should the evidence lead to a conclusion that rules have been breached I would expect appropriate action to be taken by the authorities concerned.

I am sorry that I cannot be more helpful but I await the outcome of the UEFA investigation with interest."

I am not getting anywhere with him so I am leaving it on the backburner until this reaches the full investigation. Once this happens I will get in contact with him again.

shows how much interest he's taking in it when he keeps saying someone has made a complaint to uefa. there is no complaint to uefa its the European Commission for state aid. And to think clowns like him get voted in to represent us and he can't even get a simple thing like that right

This was his email

Never mind him waiting for the UEFA investigation- this is not just about breaking football rules its misuse of public funds

As for the GCC, EDC, Lenoxtown Partnership or NHS, any official involved in the deals must be suspended with immediate effect pending a criminal investigation for fraud and corruption if the EU investigation is elevated to full status.

The financial doping theory is good.... But then can it be proved that said monies was used to buy players?

If so then there is definitely a case to answer

strange that the football tax havens site is considered opinion not fact, but the Rangers tax case was considered cast iron fact

Stranger still that the information on FTH comes from verifiable FOI requests rather than being a mix of stolen and fabricated content, but Celtic made a statement about a year ago saying "it wisnae me" and apparently everyone just accepted that.

The financial doping theory is good.... But then can it be proved that said monies was used to buy players?

If so then there is definitely a case to answer

Would it need to proved that it was spent on players?

If they had to spend large amounts of money on land deals,then there would be no money left for players.

Because they got land cheap,money was available for players.

I may be wrong,mate,but that is my take on it.

Stranger still that the information on FTH comes from verifiable FOI requests rather than being a mix of stolen and fabricated content, but Celtic made a statement about a year ago saying "it wisnae me" and apparently everyone just accepted that.

Agreed. It is absolute ridiculous that the FTH does not get any mainstream recognition. ALL evidence put forward has been obtained legally and paints a damning picture of Celtic & the government.