Police Scotland issue an apology to a Rangers supporter who had a flag binned.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not being a paranoid person ( unless it's Black Sabbath ! ) I do believe it's an honest mistake.

Without tryin to sound like a broken record , and , as I've said in the other thread , I'm more interested what Rangers have done about this.

At a time when thugs have run about Amsterdam , causing chaos , getting supported by their team and manager , to the extent of being given club tours , what do Rangers do to support a fan for carrying a legitimate flag to Ibrox - nada !

Seems to me that sometimes we just don't help ourselves !

Read the op ,the club safety officer contacted the police after fans complained what more do you want them to do ?

Not being a paranoid person ( unless it's Black Sabbath ! ) I do believe it's an honest mistake.

Without tryin to sound like a broken record , and , as I've said in the other thread , I'm more interested what Rangers have done about this.

At a time when thugs have run about Amsterdam , causing chaos , getting supported by their team and manager , to the extent of being given club tours , what do Rangers do to support a fan for carrying a legitimate flag to Ibrox - nada !

Seems to me that sometimes we just don't help ourselves !

Read the OP........"The Club’s Safety Officer has been in contact with the Police after the matter was brought to our attention by supporters and they fully accept that the officer in question acted outwith his authority."

Read the op ,the club safety officer contacted the police after fans complained what more do you want them to do ?

Read the OP........"The Club’s Safety Officer has been in contact with the Police after the matter was brought to our attention by supporters and they fully accept that the officer in question acted outwith his authority."

Apologies. I stand corrected.

They've obviously read my previous posts ! ! !

Was it the Ulster banner plod confiscated? Not being pedantic but the official flag of Northern Ireland is the Union flag.

In the interests of being pedantic The Union flag is the official flag of Scotland England Wales and NI.

It was indeed the Ulster Banner. The flag of Northern Ireland.

The rats gave done this to NI fans in the past.

They will be worried that it becomes an issue because it would be bad publicity on the run up to the Games this summer,

Looking forward to our team parading round pish park with the flag at the opening ceremony.

Sounds like ignorance rather than maliciousness from the cop. Not worth getting in a tiz over, as long as it doesn't happen again. This having happened, I hope they are making sure their cops are educated and know what they're talking about in the future.

Sounds like ignorance rather than maliciousness from the cop. Not worth getting in a tiz over, as long as it doesn't happen again. This having happened, I hope they are making sure their cops are educated and know what they're talking about in the future.

Yeah really? i would not want to be locked up by a cop being ignorant, would rather they know the law or seek guidance.

i know I am being picky.

It wasn't ignorance as all Police officers have to go to training courses and briefings to work at football grounds these days.

He knew fine well this wasn't sectarian as it had no words or symbols added.

He was at it and it will happen again unless we make as much fuss as possible about it.