Lee Wallace 900k bid rejected from Forest but holding out for 1.4 mill?

Boab

If we are as strapped for cash as some claim ( eg losing a million a month etc) then selling Wallace will do nothing but postpone the problem a few weeks.

Better to face up to it now if true.

This isn't only about the money we might get for Wallace.

The club needs to cut costs either in general or to avoid a shortfall.

Their will be a variety of ways to do this and selling players is just one of them. Logically taken together these measures will ensure we make it through the rest of the season with no financial problems.

Players refusing pay cuts and/or refusing to move is backing the board into a corner. These cuts have to be made and the options will just get even more unpalateable.

This isn't only about the money we might get for Wallace.

The club needs to cut costs either in general or to avoid a shortfall.

Their will be a variety of ways to do this and selling players is just one of them. Logically taken together these measures will ensure we make it through the rest of the season with no financial problems.

Players refusing pay cuts and/or refusing to move is backing the board into a corner. These cuts have to be made and the options will just get even more unpalateable.

so sell Wallace and last another month !

Funny, everyone agreed we had one saleable asset, as no one with any money would be interested in our ageing journeymen or untested youff. Now thats been confirmed by getting a transfer offer administration 2, pestilence and famine are all just hours away.

And all the people losing their jobs? The new rules on level of points deduction? The possibility of yet more new rules being brought in like a team in admin can't be promoted (nothing can be put past the SFA)?

Sorry but I have serious doubts we could survive another administration (not that it's something I expect to happen), how anyone can even slightly welcome the idea is lunacy.

Im not in favour of it, im just trying to point out that I dont see the worst case scenario being anything like what it was last time.

Firstly, I doubt there would be many job cuts, I would see something like admin being announced, shares tumbling, buy over, shares recover.

I think im right in saying that even with the new points deductions, we would still be pretty much clear of the rest. The SFA know they messed up last time, they want us back at the top for the money reasons, they wont hold our promotion back by inventing new rules, just dont buy it.

I dont see how another admin would 'kill' us off, it would just be unpleasant and embarrasing, but we would certainly recover.

In saying that, im not in favour of it, I would much rather Wallace can keep us going and bring some stability, but if we are in a bad way just now, it might be the only option and we shouldnt freak out.

And all the people losing their jobs? The new rules on level of points deduction? The possibility of yet more new rules being brought in like a team in admin can't be promoted (nothing can be put past the SFA)?

Sorry but I have serious doubts we could survive another administration (not that it's something I expect to happen), how anyone can even slightly welcome the idea is lunacy.

Not that I wish it, but he is spot on with his assertion.

Im not in favour of it, im just trying to point out that I dont see the worst case scenario being anything like what it was last time.

Firstly, I doubt there would be many job cuts, I would see something like admin being announced, shares tumbling, buy over, shares recover.

I think im right in saying that even with the new points deductions, we would still be pretty much clear of the rest. The SFA know they messed up last time, they want us back at the top for the money reasons, they wont hold our promotion back by inventing new rules, just dont buy it.

I dont see how another admin would 'kill' us off, it would just be unpleasant and embarrasing, but we would certainly recover.

In saying that, im not in favour of it, I would much rather Wallace can keep us going and bring some stability, but if we are in a bad way just now, it might be the only option and we shouldnt freak out.

If it happens we go 2 behind Dunfermline as we get 25 points off

Different circumstances or not it's still insolvency, you'd probably get fans that just decide to give up with that happening a second time.

And as I said I put nothing past the SFA and the bitter cunts at other clubs. Not sure you're right on the points deductions either.

It would be a disaster hence why it won't happen.

I don't disagree with much of what you're saying, but the simple fact of the matter is that if we were still in the top flight, playing in Europe and in better financial shape, then we might not even be entertaining offers for a player like Lee Wallace at all unless it was double what was paid for him or above.

Indeed, if we were still in the top flight, then his market value almost certainly would be £3m upwards, but that's just not the case for us in the 3rd tier spending cash we don't even have every month.

I see folk saying Lee's worth £5m and to an EPL Club in today's market that may well be the case, but we're simply not in a position to demand anywhere near that sort of transfer fee when realistically, in our current situation our whole first team squad probably isn't even worth £5m.

Can't argue with that at all. Let's just hope we keep him and the other Wallace finds some wedge down the side of a settee in the Members' Lounge.

Different circumstances or not it's still insolvency, you'd probably get fans that just decide to give up with that happening a second time.

And as I said I put nothing past the SFA and the bitter cunts at other clubs. Not sure you're right on the points deductions either.

It would be a disaster hence why it won't happen.

If it happens or not wont really be because we dont want it to.

If we run out of cash it happens, end of.

We would be a much more saleable asset this time than last time though. King also is free of any problems with his tax issues, so would be free to make a move (which I think he would).

If king wouldnt do it, im sure someone else would step up given we would be about a year away from profit.

Again, i dont want it to happen, but im not refusing to consider it, then flying into a panic if it happens. I was the same last time even though I got called everything for it. When almost everyone else was saying the club would be dead if we went NewCo, I was saying that it was our only way out and that we would still have our club.

If it happens or not wont really be because we dont want it to.

If we run out of cash it happens, end of.

We would be a much more saleable asset this time than last time though. King also is free of any problems with his tax issues, so would be free to make a move (which I think he would).

If king wouldnt do it, im sure someone else would step up given we would be about a year away from profit.

Again, i dont want it to happen, but im not refusing to consider it, then flying into a panic if it happens. I was the same last time even though I got called everything for it. When almost everyone else was saying the club would be dead if we went NewCo, I was saying that it was our only way out and that we would still have our club.

I'm hardly a panic merchant myself mate, hence why I don't consider admin 2 a possibility. But i'd be horrified if it did happen and would probably need to reassess some of my opinions.

Stv just say the same at the rest so far that we turned down two bid.

Can't see the bit that says he's staying though on the website?

Rangers have rejected two bids from Nottingham Forest for Lee Wallace.

STV understands the offers, both made in the last 48 hours, fell short of the club's valuation of the left-back.

Wallace moved to Rangers from Hearts in 2011 and decided to stay with the club after their removal from the top flight and subsequent entry into Scottish football's bottom tier.

Despite plying his trade in Scotland's League One, the 26-year-old has remained in international contention and appeared as a substitute in last year's friendly with the USA.

The Ibrox club's chief executive, Graham Wallace, recently asked players to consider a 15% wage cut as he looks to drastically cut costs.

STV: Wallace to stay put after Rangers boot out bids (plural) from Forest!

Selling our top man for relative peanuts risking a fans backlash would be mental if season tickets have to be bought, that might just be the tipping point for many undemonstrative fans "fuck this I've had enough" might be my thoughts and maybe 1000's more.

Stv just say the same at the rest so far that we turned down two bid.

Can't see the bit that says he's staying though on the website?

Rangers have rejected two bids from Nottingham Forest for Lee Wallace.

STV understands the offers, both made in the last 48 hours, fell short of the club's valuation of the left-back.

Wallace moved to Rangers from Hearts in 2011 and decided to stay with the club after their removal from the top flight and subsequent entry into Scottish football's bottom tier.

Despite plying his trade in Scotland's League One, the 26-year-old has remained in international contention and appeared as a substitute in last year's friendly with the USA.

The Ibrox club's chief executive, Graham Wallace, recently asked players to consider a 15% wage cut as he looks to drastically cut costs.

I thought the others only said there was one bid.