Lee Wallace 900k bid rejected from Forest but holding out for 1.4 mill?

Boab

Ok so your Planning to stay in the Championship for a while .

I like a Man with ambition and if as you say short Term we need to Sell him then why in Hells Name not Sell him sooner when we where in the Lower Leagues.

I don't get this Thinking .

Its yet again short Termism ,and will do us no Favours at all if we Intend to return to The Premiership.

The Team is bad enough and he is our Strongest and best Asset to lead our Assault back to the Top . It doesn't make any sense ,unless its to stave off Debt or a Financial Disaster.

I don't Trust any of them in Charge now .

What part of that suggests im happy to stay in the Championship, you clearly believe we need Wallace to win that Division, I don't.

Short termism is required, we're bleeding cash and we need to stop it somehow, its not the way any of us wants to stop it but no-one js going to be stupid enough to come in and take Black/Daly/Shiels/Templeton/Cribbari so we need to do what we can, if that means losing Lee it means losing Lee, thats not a lack of ambition, its simply looking the most obvious way to get money into the club ASAP

What part of that suggests im happy to stay in the Championship, you clearly believe we need Wallace to win that Division, I don't.

Short termism is required, we're bleeding cash and we need to stop it somehow, its not the way any of us wants to stop it but no-one js going to be stupid enough to come in and take Black/Daly/Shiels/Templeton/Cribbari so we need to do what we can, if that means losing Lee it means losing Lee, thats not a lack of ambition, its simply looking the most obvious way to get money into the club ASAP

Ok lets look at this Sensibly. You reckon we will be Fine in the Championship without Lee Wallace, and reckon in 18 Months we could replace him easilly .

I disagree .

If we don't need Players then let the Shit Players Contracts run down Cribari Contract ends in the Summer, and there are quite a Few running out so get rid of the Shite and keep your Best as if you say we wont be in there Long and will need them for the Prem.

Short Term thinking will not do us any Good at all.

I dont agree.

We need to sell Wallace cause we are skint IMO.

Not skint but a cash flow problem until ST time.

Forrest have cheek saying they're not prepared to pay more for a third tier player albeit an international player, bidding starts at 1.4 mil and that's it.

I dont agree.

We need to sell Wallace cause we are skint IMO.

If this is the Case then we are in big Trouble, and I don't scare easy when it comes to this Boardroom shit.

I smell Trouble ahead and the Fact we are selling our Best Player for a Pittance starts the Alarm Bells Wringing for me .

I would suggest ST Sales will take a hit next Season watching the Crap on display.

But hey its up to Lee .

But I have a Problem with GW Now where before I never .

The biggest Question I have for Graham Wallace would be ,Do we need to sell him ?

Answer Yes or no.

I agree with the logic. However, what I always fail to see is how the buying club can make a statment along the lines of "untried" or in this case "a lower league team". If you want a player you pay the going rate, which is the rate that the seller will accept - if the two parties cannot agree the deal does not happen. What you think or say about the selling team is absolutely immaterial. In fact, in 8 games time we will be a promoted team - does Wallace's valuation then increase because we are then a second tier team? It does by the Forest logic. In a buyer/seller market the bargaining positions are King - if they really want a player, they'll pay "over the odds"; if we really need to sell, we'll accept "under the market value".

I don't disagree with much of what you're saying, but the simple fact of the matter is that if we were still in the top flight, playing in Europe and in better financial shape, then we might not even be entertaining offers for a player like Lee Wallace at all unless it was double what was paid for him or above.

Indeed, if we were still in the top flight, then his market value almost certainly would be £3m upwards, but that's just not the case for us in the 3rd tier spending cash we don't even have every month.

I see folk saying Lee's worth £5m and to an EPL Club in today's market that may well be the case, but we're simply not in a position to demand anywhere near that sort of transfer fee when realistically, in our current situation our whole first team squad probably isn't even worth £5m.

Ok lets look at this Sensibly. You reckon we will be Fine in the Championship without Lee Wallace, and reckon in 18 Months we could replace him easilly .

I disagree .

If we don't need Players then let the Shit Players Contracts run down Cribari Contract ends in the Summer, and there are quite a Few running out so get rid of the Shite and keep your Best as if you say we wont be in there Long and will need them for the Prem.

Short Term thinking will not do us any Good at all.

How do we fund the club in the meantime ?

You seem to think this would happen out of choice.

Short termism may be all we have.

If this is the Case then we are in big Trouble, and I don't scare easy when it comes to this Boardroom shit.

I smell Trouble ahead and the Fact we are selling our Best Player for a Pittance starts the Alarm Bells Wringing for me .

I would suggest ST Sales will take a hit next Season watching the Crap on display.

But hey its up to Lee .

But I have a Problem with GW Now where before I never .

The biggest Question I have for Graham Wallace would be ,Do we need to sell him ?

Answer Yes or no.

Its not GWs fault though, he is just trying to fix the problems he has found when he has come in.

He cant come out and really say if we are totally skint and dont have the money to continue, that would begin a frenzy.

He has got to find a way of trimming costs and bringing in money without freaking out the market entirely.

I will, he said Admin 2 Isn't going to Happen so why do we need to sell our Best Asset at an extremely shitty Price?

Money?

Are we that Desperate?

So what if he says we need to cut costs, this is the easiest way to make the money?

Do you only trust him if he makes decision you agree with?

To bee frank, you do give the impression that is something you are hoping for,

Not at all.

In saying that, if it did happen, then it wont be like the last time. It wont be pleasant, but it might be the opportunity that is needed for someone like King to finally make a move.

Im not overly worried even with the idea of admin. We dont have that crippling debt that existed before, we can take the points hit and we wont need to newco and end up in the bottom teir.

It is not how I would like it to happen, but at the end of the day, if we end up in the Chmpionship next season, with no debt and an owner like King, then I would take it.

Not at all.

In saying that, if it did happen, then it wont be like the last time. It wont be pleasant, but it might be the opportunity that is needed for someone like King to finally make a move.

Im not overly worried even with the idea of admin. We dont have that crippling debt that existed before, we can take the points hit and we wont need to newco and end up in the bottom teir.

It is not how I would like it to happen, but at the end of the day, if we end up in the Chmpionship next season, with no debt and an owner like King, then I would take it.

And all the people losing their jobs? The new rules on level of points deduction? The possibility of yet more new rules being brought in like a team in admin can't be promoted (nothing can be put past the SFA)?

Sorry but I have serious doubts we could survive another administration (not that it's something I expect to happen), how anyone can even slightly welcome the idea is lunacy.