Ally McCoist agrees with Graham Wallace that it may take five years

Bothwellbear

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Championship will be won no problem.

I also expect Lennon to be gone in 2/3 years, so Celtic maybe going downhill under a new Tony Mowbray type when we are back challenging.

no chance - Lennon has a chance for ten in a row - and is up against a weakened Rangers with Ally as manager. Manna from heaven for a cellic manager..

At least we have a fucking plan that's more than we have had for many years now. Still expect us to comfortably win the "Championship" although its never going to be as easy as this and last season.

May be a bit tougher but our resources still dwarf those teams', if we're half way through the season and look like we might not get promoted we need a new manager.

The comment our manager makes about struggling to win the Championship next season should be a sackable offence on it's on.

Don't talk utter pish the fact is we should and he should win the championship easily but he ain't gonna come out and say 'aye piece of piss NAE bother" have a fucking look at yersel Goat.

The comment our manager makes about struggling to win the Championship next season should be a sackable offence on it's on.

we will cruise the championship , its a mark of respect to the other teams in the championship , but i have a feeling you know this and are merely attention seeking

aye "me and Graham are pals" - thats more important than promotion.

Well, right enough, thats important to Ally.

Promotion itself is THE most important thing but we're not talking about promotion itself here, we're talking about how McCoist talks about promotion. He's seems to me to be giving a stock answer so as to not come across as denigrating any of the teams in that division or arrogant. I don't seriously think McCoist believes we won't get promoted and that it won't be a disaster if we don't. The last part doesn't sound like a stock answer, it sounds more genuine, which makes it far more important.

May be a bit tougher but our resources still dwarf those teams', if we're half way through the season and look like we might not get promoted we need a new manager.

We must get promoted at all costs, the big investors are here for the European football and winning trophys at the top level, anything that delays that even if only for a year, risks even more turmoil and investors pulling out leaving us in limbo. Thank fuck we do dwarf the opposition otherwise squeaky bum time doesnt even come close.

"I don't have us down as any guarantees to be back in the Premiership next year, assuming we win promotion this year," he said.

"Hearts are a good side and if we look at the top of the Championship now, there are Dundee, Falkirk and Hamilton doing very well.

"So if we are lucky enough to go up this year, there are no guarantees - absolutely no guarantees - that we will do the same next season. We will just have to take it one step at a time."

anybody else have alarm bells ringing?

To be honest, I've said from the moment we went down to D3 that getting promotion from the then D1 wouldn't be guaranteed. I could easily see it taking us 2 attempts. We will need a solid defence for starters. Whether the combination of Jig/Mohsni or Jig/Faure will be able to cope, I just don't know!

Well the yahoos have just lost their best midfielder to crystal palace and bought in that creepy looking babymaking machine leigh griffiths.

The quality of their squad is vastly over rated by rangers fans but i am in no way saying we have a strong enough squad yet, but 3 or 4 quality signings will see us compete imo.

Some investment and another 2-3 quality signings will see us over take the padeo harbourers.

Big question is where does the required investment come from?

"I don't have us down as any guarantees to be back in the Premiership next year, assuming we win promotion this year," he said.

"Hearts are a good side and if we look at the top of the Championship now, there are Dundee, Falkirk and Hamilton ..............

Is he having a fucking laugh or what.

Well the yahoos have just lost their best midfielder to crystal palace and bought in that creepy looking babymaking machine leigh griffiths.

The quality of their squad is vastly over rated by rangers fans but i am in no way saying we have a strong enough squad yet, but 3 or 4 quality signings will see us compete imo.

Some investment and another 2-3 quality signings will see us over take the padeo harbourers.

been wondering that myself

You are forgetting they already have money to strengthen and we have none.

This myth about them being a shite team is mental, they are by far the best in Scotland already and only a complete idiot would fail to see they are keeping whatever money they have until we are back because like us they have no challengers until that day arrives.