Ally McCoist agrees with Graham Wallace that it may take five years

Bothwellbear

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"I don't have us down as any guarantees to be back in the Premiership next year, assuming we win promotion this year," he said.

"Hearts are a good side and if we look at the top of the Championship now, there are Dundee, Falkirk and Hamilton ..............

Is he having a fucking laugh or what.

what would you have liked him to say ? these teams are shite we will hammer them all , surely you can work out , he is showing some respect to the other teams ,

"I don't have us down as any guarantees to be back in the Premiership next year, assuming we win promotion this year," he said.

"Hearts are a good side and if we look at the top of the Championship now, there are Dundee, Falkirk and Hamilton doing very well.

"So if we are lucky enough to go up this year, there are no guarantees - absolutely no guarantees - that we will do the same next season. We will just have to take it one step at a time."

anybody else have alarm bells ringing?

He said the same stuff when we were 15 points clear last season so no it does not set alarm bells ringing.

It would be totally disrespectful to say anything other than what he said.

He can hardly say " aye we are gonna rip the division a new arsehole and will definitely win it".

what would you have liked him to say ? these teams are shite we will hammer them all , surely you can work out , he is showing some respect to the other teams ,

We are 23 points ahead with 14 games to go and you think that is showing respect. It is just patronising in the extreme.

You are forgetting they already have money to strengthen and we have none.

This myth about them being a shite team is mental, they are by far the best in Scotland already and only a complete idiot would fail to see they are keeping whatever money they have until we are back because like us they have no challengers until that day arrives.

One can only hope that any proits they are making they are storing away to pay fines incurred when found guilty of recieving state aid :D

Being the best team in scotland is easy for them right now as they have no competition.

Yes they are skooshing the league but they have been dreadful in the domestic cups and europe.

Our gutter press work overtime bigging up their squad but my opinion stands they are vastly over rated and can be caught by us.

Ally McCoist said, to be honest I think the Chairman is talking shite, we've already pished this league are going to walk the Championship and hammer the taigs as soon as we get a hold of them. 5 years ma arse. And as for Brechin, don't get me fucking started, they're shite and I expect to take at least 10 aff them tomorrow, don't know why there even showing up.

The comment our manager makes about struggling to win the Championship next season should be a sackable offence on it's on.

If he said anything other than that, it would be seen as being demeaning to the rest of the teams and he would be making a rod for his and the teams back. The Media would also be on his case for it.

However having said that, I think if we didn't win promotion at the first attempt he would be under severe pressure to walk ....

Good to see Wallace has taken the worst case scenario as his 5 year plan.

No jingoism or playing to the gallery promising all sorts.

Simply telling it like it us.

Once they start drawing in investment, that will only make them look even better.

I'm sure he will guide us back much quicker than 5 years tho we will still be shrugging off the effects of the past few years.

riddle me this

what will the average wage bill for the opposition next year

if we are competing against teams who have 80% of our budget, and above, then the manager has a case

If it is less than 60% then he hasn't.

In that case we should just stop all competition? Disparity in wages oh my god no one should ever expect to beat English clubs or Spanish when we return to Europe?

He said the same stuff when we were 15 points clear last season so no it does not set alarm bells ringing.

It would be totally disrespectful to say anything other than what he said.

He can hardly say " aye we are gonna rip the division a new arsehole and will definitely win it".

He was a bit disrespectful to Hearts then - if he's supposed to be a bit coy about us going up, surely he has to treat them going down in the same manner?

In that case we should just stop all competition? Disparity in wages oh my god no one should ever expect to beat English clubs or Spanish when we return to Europe?

if money doesn't matter, especially over a season, then we don't need to spunk 7 mill

50 quid a week should do

is that what you are saying?

I don't find it acceptable that the manager of Rangers has said we might struggle to win a league next season against nobodies. It's like Lennon admitting the SPL would hard to win this season and next.

If Popcorn teeth better suits your definition of a manager, there's plenty of seats at the Paedo dome, I'll even chip in for your taxi

I don't find it acceptable that the manager of Rangers has said we might struggle to win a league next season against nobodies. It's like Lennon admitting the SPL would hard to win this season and next.

its not acceptable at all if he genuinely thinks that. hopefully its his take on mind games.