Ally McCoist agrees with Graham Wallace that it may take five years

Bothwellbear

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So is this what we are going to hear every time we have a new CEO, it was a five year plan last year and

it may well be a five year plan next year and I don't think the fans will stand for it. There is no need for

a five year plan as there are heavy duty investors waiting in the wings, open the door and let them in.

I believe this will be case as well over the next 18 or so months, no way the club is just going to stand back and pass up on the chance to bring in up to £15,000,000 from the Champions league. It won't be on a par with Abramovich or anything but i think their are more than few rich guys willing to invest in a debt free Rangers with a chance of playing in the Champions league, investors will look at a club with average gates of 42,000 in Scottish league one and think that this is big opportunity for them.

They aren't even on their way to nine n row as to do it we have to be in the League, or what does it really mean.

They are quite a shite side who seem to be getting weaker every season we are out the League.

When we get back to the SPL i expect them to spend there money then. They haven't spent alot since we left.

When we get back to the SPL i expect them to spend there money then. They haven't spent alot since we left.

That mob never have been and never will be big spenders on players they may get the odd big player on loan or sign someone cheap who turns out to be a good player but the days of them or anyone spending huge in Scottish football are gone.

In the past 18 months they've lost Wanyama,Hooper,Wilson,ledley (maybe) they will lose Samaras and Foster in the summer possibly Forrest as well and fat bhoy commons the best player they have will no doubt be away by the time we get back up as well.

When Rangers were the dominant force in Scottish football in the 90s and early 2000s we signed guys like De boer,Laudrup,Gazza etc they are now signing guys from English league one and that's the reason they won't have the same level of success we had.

They dont have to at this time with no competition, but i think the reason they are not spending is they aren't as well run or as well off as some think.

5 years? Nice to know their relaxed about the mhanky mob inching towards 10IAR. We need serious investment to nip their little run of tainted titles in the bud the 1st year we are back.

I missed where they said they were relaxed about 10iar.

You are in for a big disappointment as their is no amount of investment likely that will see us win the title on the first year back.

Not yer Dave King, Laxeys, Ticketus, McColl or anyone else.

It just won't happen.

So is this what we are going to hear every time we have a new CEO, it was a five year plan last year and

it may well be a five year plan next year and I don't think the fans will stand for it. There is no need for

a five year plan as there are heavy duty investors waiting in the wings, open the door and let them in.

:lol:

Ally McCoist said, to be honest I think the Chairman is talking shite, we've already pished this league are going to walk the Championship and hammer the taigs as soon as we get a hold of them. 5 years ma arse. And as for Brechin, don't get me fucking started, they're shite and I expect to take at least 10 aff them tomorrow, don't know why there even showing up.

Now that's really made me piss myself laughing, thanks mate, your wit is like Rangers, first class. :7325:

I think it's a futile exercise trying to predict what will happen in Scottish football 18 months down the line.

If I try to use my crystal ball: I would say we lose some games next season but win the Championship, investment appears in the summer before we start in the premiership, Ally buys some players, the players take time to bed in, posters moan, we have a difficult season but come second and are looking forward to Euroland. Ally moves up stairs after that.

Ally is being diplomatic and GW is laying out the worse case scenario.

Atlast. A five year plan that I will definitely throw my backing into. Will definitely include a low recruiting and a high selling price. There will be a few flops along the way. Id certainly hope to see a new coach brought in to work with mccoist on this. Imagine the player that macleod could be or mckay? With the right plan in place and not short term planning/lazyness these two atleast could really be the mainstays of Rangers f.c in 5 years time

Of course McCoist agrees. That's him buying himself another 5 years and getting the excuses in early.

Easy for him to agree.

Hopefully he's not here for the 5 years though (tu)

If he thinks he needs Shiels, Black, Bell, Law, Templeton and Daly to win the 3 lowest divisions, I shudder to think what quality, and therefore price, of player he believes will be needed to win the top division.

"I don't have us down as any guarantees to be back in the Premiership next year, assuming we win promotion this year," he said.

"Hearts are a good side and if we look at the top of the Championship now, there are Dundee, Falkirk and Hamilton doing very well.

"So if we are lucky enough to go up this year, there are no guarantees - absolutely no guarantees - that we will do the same next season. We will just have to take it one step at a time."

anybody else have alarm bells ringing?

Getting his excuses in early like saying top 6 will be an achievement back in SPL ! Still retains his 825k salary though when back up !

An absolute disaster of a manager for our current plight unraveling his 'legacy' will take years to fix all the while the scum will be romping to title after title.

5 years ? We should have been good enough for 2nd first year back and stabilized with a core of experienced better players complimented by youngsters who were improved by our management team. Instead we will be dismantling an ageing squad full of pish poor players on thousands ! I don't think we will get out of the championship next year with Ally in charge.